PDA

View Full Version : Getting Abs to show

raginryan
12-01-2001, 10:44 PM
I have been on a medium carb, high protein, low fat diet for about 5 months now and have went from 210 down to about 143.
The problem i am having is getting my abs to show. I don't have hardly any fat left on my stomach, but have lots of loose skin. I can feel my abs easily through the loose skin but can't get them to show through. Would cardio help to tighten up the loose skin, is there anything I can take that would help?

TheCrumbGuy
12-02-2001, 01:02 AM
I would also like help on the loose skin thing. Its sucks ass when you can pull your stomach a mile even when there is not that much fat.

raginryan
01-21-2002, 08:34 AM
DOes anyone know what you can take or do to get rid of this loose skin? Anyone out THere?

Hou25
01-21-2002, 03:00 PM
It just takes time. Eventually it will shrink back but it doesn't happen overnight.

LayLee
01-23-2002, 09:45 AM
You might want to try firming gel, or lotion. Women typically use this to get rid of droppy wrinkles. But it will do the same for loose skin. It will help tighten and shrink it up. You can get it any where,E.X. Genovese, in the womens department. Try Nivea firming lotion, it works wonders and its only 10 bucks. But for good results you have to use it every day, sometimes twice a day for at least 3 weeks. Also frink alot of water!

19anguige91
08-16-2009, 10:56 AM
I have exactly the same problem, i can feel a 6 pack underneath all the lose skin and i do a fair amount of cardio and sit-ups 3-4 times a week, and the skin just won't disappear :/

Zestos
08-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Use an astringent like lemon, it tightens skin a lot. Also take really hella cold showers, they will tighten up your skin like a b**ch.

If you really wanna go hardcore take a bath with ice cubes (serious).

Brush your skin DRY to remove dead skin cells and it will also tighten it and do a lot of cardio.

I guess that's it.

th3pwn3r
08-16-2009, 11:54 AM
All you guys posting that you have loose skin better pray that it's actually just fat. I'd rather carry around 30 extra pounds of fat than 5 pounds of loose skin. Figure out what it really is, I hope for your sakes it's just fat.

jmylen
08-16-2009, 12:27 PM
All you guys posting that you have loose skin better pray that it's actually just fat. I'd rather carry around 30 extra pounds of fat than 5 pounds of loose skin. Figure out what it really is, I hope for your sakes it's just fat.

haha its just fat guys...keep losing weight

jay24k
08-17-2009, 12:14 PM
Unless you have lost over 60 or 70lbs of fat, chances are it is not loose skin. You are just still fat! If you can pinch an inch, it is fat.

tblake87
08-17-2009, 12:52 PM

Haha, you make it sound like you are trying to scare them out of loose skin. Eh, I have some loose skin, it isn't too bad. It seems like it tightens up a little every couple of months anyway.

tonymachado123
08-17-2009, 01:23 PM
ive lost over 70 lbs and have loose skin, still look good and have a six even with the extra skin. im pretty sure guys that its just fat. just keep working hard.

fitman2009
08-17-2009, 02:23 PM
This is a common problem for many. If it was just "loose skin" you would have a droop that is very common with post-bariatric patients. The skin just "dumps" off the body and it doesn't have the same consistency as fat.

Remember, you cannot spot reduce. Your diet may also be a hindrance if you have not changed it since losing weight. The caloric intake as well as the general food should be reevaluated. Try to increase the overall core strength, and aim to perform hypertrophy style exercises on the muscle while continuing to lose some of the fat. In order to lose that last few stubborn areas your body must lose it wherever it feels until eventually it loses it where you want it to be lost.

One final note: if it is loose skin, you have either lost weight too quickly, or you have already grown new skin that your body will not "reabsorb." I doubt that the latter is the reality, but if it is, the only option is to get the skin removed surgically, but that is not likely.

GettinBigg
08-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Abs are muscles too and will get bigger. How often do you work them?

gethotabs
03-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Hi Ryan,

If this is just fat, don't worry about it. It will disappear eventually if you maintain your cardio workouts.

Smithers115
03-07-2010, 06:00 PM
210- 143, with low bf and no abs. Im goin to say you arent carrying enough muscle, i went from 220 to 155 in about 8 months, had a ok 4 pack, but was a string bean and didnt have much muscle, but could run a marathon (exagerating for effect) but ya, you probably dont have enough muscle, im sure if i had a much greater foundation of muscle at the bf i was at it would have been a decent 6 pack, not a mediocre 4 pack.

Chalkemup
02-23-2011, 02:25 PM
the thing about fat cells is that they dont go away.. thats why it is easier to gain weight back because when you loss the weight they just shrink.

Swatden808
03-01-2014, 03:14 AM
Its fat brah!

shawnpongsin
04-26-2015, 01:47 AM
So I was 340 lbs 2 yrs ago an I'm 215-225 lbs at 5'9 I'm turning 25 in July an Was curious on how to keep my weight or gain 20 lbs to try an stretch my lose skin on my belly so I Cn get ripped abs also what I need to eat an exercise, maintain my weight an build ripped muscles, I'm definitely determined to get my goal accomplished I just need advice an motivation if there's any tips let me know asap thanks
L1V1N @ M0T1V@T3D
MiN3D

Tigerzen
04-26-2015, 04:28 AM
I think it might be fat too, maybe put up a picture and we should be able to confirm.

newmenewbie
04-26-2015, 06:15 AM
If it looks like wrinkled crepe paper it's skin... If it looks like flab it's fat.
Trust me. I have both. Now losing the fat though. Pray it's fat guys, you can drop fat to reveal abs but if it's skin your f***ed.

(Not quite the words my plastic surgeon used when i asked but you get the point!)

JohnCyr
04-26-2015, 06:57 AM

Such an inspiring statement from someone who should be giving out advice rather than judgement. Very humble. Good job. Repped. NOT

8LAKE
04-26-2015, 08:18 AM
Just as a heads up as some of you seem to have missed the dates, this thread is 14 years old!