PDA

View Full Version : Gonna Make My First Buffalo Burger Tonight

RightCoastSrf24
07-09-2007, 03:22 PM
hints, tips, recipes, etc?

im probably going to top it with mushrooms, onions and low fat cheddar. possibly wrap it in lettuce.

and im thinking of having....2 of them!!

RightCoastSrf24
07-09-2007, 04:11 PM
anyone???

DarinK
07-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Where do you get your buffalo burgers? I used to but them frozen by the case but the price is high compared to beef. I would eat mine on a whole wheat roll with lettuce, tomato, onion, and mustard just like a cheeseburger.

Aindreas
07-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Just be careful not to overcook them because they tend to dry out faster than beef due to the low fat content.

But man, you have an experience coming. A medium-rare bison burger is one of my absolute favorite foods. I think it has so much more flavor than beef.

MisterSamson
07-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Nice..never had them but have been thinking bout it..let us know how it goes.

ps glad to see another NJ'r

King_Marmoset!
07-09-2007, 04:37 PM
I find it takes longer to cook bison meat because it's so lean. Oh, I grill mine.

I eat mine with non-fat cheese and wheat buns. I love that meal!!

noer
07-09-2007, 04:55 PM
might be a little late, but motreal seasoning (steak or hamburger), and worcestershire sauce, a little goes a long way, high heat for a short time on the grill, great even as a patty by itself! of in half a chunk of whole wheat pita bread, swiss cheese, and a touch of bbq or steak sauce. buffalo is a great piece of meat.

Oddball8945
07-09-2007, 05:03 PM
and im thinking of having....2 of them!!

yay 2 burgers thats hardcore man, no bread?

I had four 95/5 ground beef patties for lunch on flatbread that a made for a total of 8oz Beef.

anyway

What i did was took curry powder,onion powder,garlic powder,sea salt,chili powder,tobasco,adobo and a touch of cumin. Mixed that all into the beef and grilled it. The flavors are amazing imo, toped it with a slice of FF Cheese and a touch of heinz 1 and ate it on flat breads

The Solution
07-09-2007, 05:04 PM
eat it straight up like a man.. have some green veggies on the side and a sweet potato or some brown rice.. no need for the bun get a better complex carb :)

skinnyboipgh
07-09-2007, 05:09 PM
If u r gonna grill ur burgers, I'd recommend a lower fire than normal & leave em on the grill longer. Also plan to cook them medium-rare, so they don't dry out too much, as others have said.