PDA

View Full Version : Someone help critique a newbs diet please?

Clints01
11-10-2004, 03:16 PM
Whats up guys,
I think I screwed myself over with my diet - I was a veggie for 7 years and then recently - about a month and a week - ive gone back to meat and dairy consuming alot of chicken breasts, pork, beef, lots of fish, and some dairy including Optimum Nutrutions 100% Whey and alot of Cottage Cheese some Eggs too.

I've been scared away from soy as a protein source - as ive been told the isoflavones will help in the production of estrogen - which in turn will both make me fatter by allowing my body to store more fat - so I've been hard pressed to find any kind of low carb alternatives to alot of the things I eat so Ive just been going for eating pretty simple and clean.

but back to meat...
I leaned pretty heavily on meats and dairy thinking the protein was going to, in conjunction with my workout program(which is also internally flawed but thats a whole other story) would help me with my mass. It helped me out of alot of the adipose tissue that was on my body - it pretty much is eliminating all of the fat I have - which is a nice feeling (positive change in the body I guess) but I was putting a deacent bit of muscle mass on - now Im pretty sure Im still doing so but Im not growing - my arms are solid but they arent bigger - and Im thinking the introduction of a low gi carb every meal cept for last one will help me in my groaths - im basicly trying to bulk without gaining too much of the fat Id lost already - which may be futile im not sure - im a relative newbie to the bodybuilding stance - Ive always worked with weights just more tword toning up and firming up and I've been trying to add muscle mass for about 5 months now - I know it dosnt seem like a long time but I want to keep it up for quite a long time so any info you can give me on how im flawing my diet will help - thanks alot - sorry if this sounds elementary...
later
oh ps I eat about 6 meals a day including 3 whey shakes
thanks any help is greatly appreciated - Im not a moron - but explainations as to why this works or that works - usually help me understand better.
thanks

MagicPunt
11-10-2004, 04:07 PM
6-8 meals per day, whey only postworkout and/or breakfast

Breakfast: Eggs or Whey + Complex Carbs
2: Protein (Eggs or animal flesh) + Complex Carbs
Preworkout: Same
Postworkout: Whey + Dextrose OR Oats + Water OR Skim Milk
PPWO: Protein: (Eggs or animal Flesh) + complex carbs
6: Same
7: Cottage Cheese + EFA's

That's what I try and do

whey is a fast absorbing protein that is essentially a waste any other time than breakfast or postworkout when your body is in a catabolic state

Anabolic Delts
11-10-2004, 06:29 PM

That's what I try and do

whey is a fast absorbing protein that is essentially a waste any other time than breakfast or postworkout when your body is in a catabolic statePretty much how I do it as well...

Here Ill give you a repo point.. dont know what you can do with it but go for it

Clints01
11-11-2004, 12:48 PM

That's what I try and do

whey is a fast absorbing protein that is essentially a waste any other time

than breakfast or postworkout when your body is in a catabolic state
Thanks!! I didnt know all of that about whey- Ive taken it post work out but also as meal replacements - ill stop that heh.
thanks alot man
-Clint

BreakOnThrough
11-11-2004, 01:07 PM
does that meal plan need more EFA's? i have either PB, nuts, or olive oil with almost every meal... or is that too much?