PDA

View Full Version : Velocity Diet - 28 days to a new foundation

jhf
07-08-2007, 08:42 AM
The reason: To lose weight and create a foundation to build on for the rest of my life.

I've been moderately overweight for most of my life. Yet the things i really enjoy and want to do require me to be physically fit.

Last summer I made it my goal to have a 6 pack before turning 30. Well the birthday has come and gone and I miserably failed. This time I will succeed. I figure since 30 is the new 20 I still have many years of activity ahead of me and I'm damned determined to take advantage of them.

My situation. I work and live in a hotel. Good because rent is free, bad because there is no kitchen and I have fast food restaurants all around me. I work 40 hours a week and go to school full time completing my med school requirements. On the weekends I work overnight which makes things a bit more complicated because I sleep regular hours during the week and switch to overnights on the weekend.

There are two reasons I chose the Velocity Diet. First, it's intense and produces results quickly. Second and more importantly, it requires dicipline and will power, both of which I need to cultivate. Med school will require both and preparing for med school just as much.

I will be on this diet for 28 days. During this time I will research the proper way to proceed afterwards: work out routines, diet, bulking, etc. One of my biggest challenges afterwards is changing my dietary habits. Which will be difficult as I have no kitchen :(

My starting Stats are:
216.6 lbs
26.2% body fat

My before pictures are on my bodyspace page. I will update pictures once a week on Sundays.
I will post updates on my weight and bf as well as daily thoughts once a day between 7am and 8am as this is the only time during the week that I am consistantly awake.

The Diet:
4x 2 scoops protien powder, 2 table spoons milled flax seed, 3 capsules fish oil
1x 1 scoop protien powder, 2 table spoons milled flax seed, 3 capsules fish oil
multi vitamin
Lots of Water
2-3x lipo6

Daily Calorie intake is right around 1500 with 49 g of fat, 46g of carbs, and 231g of protien

On days that I lift weights I'll add some creatine mix to my water which will bump the calories to about 1650

Saturdays I'll have a bowl of oatmeal and a piece of fruit.

The Routine:
M-F 5:45-6:30 Cardio
5 shakes 3hrs apart throughout the day
MWF Weights in the afternoon

Observations: I've drank 4 shakes already today and for the most part i'm pretty satiated. No cravings but then again it's only the first day! I miss not having the skim milk though. It tastes better and there is no seperation in the shake. Using water, If I don't drink fast enough the flax settles on the bottom and the protien floats to the top. Can't really complain though the shakes are pretty tasty but I can imagine by the end of the 28 days they will be a little bit old. The cookies and cream flavor is much much much better than the strawberry flavor. Unfortunately I have more of the strawberry powder... oh well. One good thing is that I really like the flax seed. It seems to give a hint of banana flavor to the shake. It's definately something I'll be incorporating into my diets in the future. The only thing I'm not enjoying are the fish oil capsules. I keep burping up fish flavor throughout the day and as someone who's not a big fan of fish it's not to pleasant. I think many packs of sugar free gum are in my future.

Hotmoltenlava
07-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Good luck. I am on day 4. Check out the other logs, if you haven't already. It will give you good insite and motivation. This is very hard, but it is already working for me. I'll be watching.

Have a good one.

chrischap01
07-08-2007, 10:51 AM
good luck with it!

cawiau
07-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Just passing by to say good luck because boy you will need it. Speaking from experience. :D
Check out the other logs/thread
By the way, remember that dedication is key

EvoSummer
07-08-2007, 01:28 PM
I don't know if it's just me but I can't see your pictures on your bodyspace.

Either way man, good luck and stay strong.

jhf
07-09-2007, 04:47 AM
Day 2 begins.
Weight: 213.6
Body Fat 27.6

Day 1 went without a hitch. Felt fine all day and woke up today wide awake feeling good.

Observations: I'm not going to take the lipo6 before I work out in the mornings anymore. It screws with my heart rate to much. Still hate the fish burps from the fish oil capsules! The Body Fat readings should show a better trend starting from today. I'm using a scale which i know is innacurate but weighing myself after workouts in the morning at the same time should give me a reliable trend. I'm really exited that I am sub 214 lbs. I've been hovering at 214 for nearly a year, shot up to 220 and had the hardest time even gettin back to 214. I haven't seen under 214 on the scale in ages so that is awesome motivation.

Thanks to everyone for your words of encouragement. Good luck to everyone!

cawiau
07-09-2007, 04:58 AM
Day 2 begins.
Weight: 213.6
Body Fat 27.6

Good Job. See you started to lose the water weight. Nice!
I went fromt 311 to 302 in 2 days...after that it kinda slows down.
Just hang in there and go with the flow.

Omni Vision
07-09-2007, 05:17 AM
ive been on a very similar diet,
days 4-7 are the hardest when your body transitions energy consumption, but after that your pretty steady with energy
its a very hard diet to stick to, and to be honest i gave up after 15 days, but in that period i lost a whole lot of weight

ChiefGuy
07-09-2007, 05:22 AM
ive been on a very similar diet,
days 4-7 are the hardest when your body transitions energy consumption, but after that your pretty steady with energy
its a very hard diet to stick to, and to be honest i gave up after 15 days, but in that period i lost a whole lot of weight

I thought week 2 was the hardest, I made it 20 days straight with great results and I'm considering doing another 20 days as I'm terrible at calculating meals and macros and I still have 6 tubs of shakes left :) Good luck to you OP!

Dominikm
07-09-2007, 05:51 AM
Go hard or go home...

This is my attitude towards this diet, I am just about to have my last shake for day 9. Don't **** around on the diet and you will see results big time, 1 week later, 2kg down, ~1.5" of waist...

Everyone says week 2 is the hardest, while this might be true. IMHO getting used to a liquid diet on day 1 - 4 is the hardest and then you a set.

Your stats look right, one observation I made is that you use creatine but you don't seem to have any liquid carbs for energy for your workout. This will effect your workout, it can be biotest surge (I use it and it's really good), or something simple as gatorade.

Good luck, as you will need it and if you make it you will have my respect as this is not a pussy ass diet to be on, this is taking it to the extremes of extremes but like you said it's 28 days to a new foundation and the start of your new life...

You mentioned cookies and cream so I presume you are using matrix 5.0? Thats a good protien powder...

Welcome to club hardcore, good luck again as you will need it... :)

jhf
07-09-2007, 07:22 AM
The only reason i was thinkin about the creatine mix was because I have it lying around, but the gatorade is a good idea. I'll have to look into it. Granted I'm only 2 days into this but I'm rather enjoying the process:)

The protien powder i'm using is optimum nutrition. It's the stuff that's available locally. Unfortunately it's only whey protien rather than the protien mix. When I do this again I'll order everything ahead of time on the net.

Fish capsules still suck, lol... Necessary evil though but I shall continue to whine about them all 28 days I'm sure!

I'm going to enjoy the look on the face of my significant other who lives 1200 miles away when I see her in mexico at the end of summer =D

Dominikm
07-09-2007, 07:27 AM
ON's whey is not a casein protien, but cawiau seems to doing ok with it also...

Again, good luck as you will need it. Thats all my shakes down... I've made it to day 10. It's really easy now, has been for a few days now.

jhf
07-09-2007, 01:24 PM
Ahhhhhhh I can't take it anymore! I broke down and went to the grocery store....... The strawberry protien powder is just too horrible with water and I had to get another thing of cookies and cream. Hehe, other than that still going strong and the fish oil still sucks:) The only thing that's sucked so far today, fish capsules not withstanding, was having my boss walk in with subway for lunch. Damn thing was toasted and the aroma carried throughout the office... lol.

On a side note, The actress who plays Kate on Lost is damn hot. Can't believe she's dating a hobbit! Furry footed midgets aren't sexy! :)

Superchic
07-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Look at you even a journal!!! Sweet now I can keep up with how your doing!! You better not slip up mister....hehehe Awesome job J

Dominikm
07-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Or you will get ripped into alot by all the people who think this diet is rubish, and it will take them a while to stop...

Keep strong bro, you can do it!

You get used to the food, I bought pizza and pasta for my mates the other days, had no issue doing it. I knew it would taste good, it smelt good but after a few days you really dont give a crap anymore...

jhf
07-10-2007, 05:14 AM
Weight 210.6
Body Fat 27.2

Hey Tosh! Hehe welcome to the thread... lol Lets hope the next time we see each other yer as blown away with my progress as I was with yours! lol

Now for day 2 recap.

Finished up Day 2 nice and strong. Not much happening with cravings yet but it's only day 2. Yesterday I found a new protien powder and it's awesome. My friend Tosh (superchic) reminded me of a health food store in this little town so I went to go check it out. They had Probolic-SR protien by MHP. Good stuff, has whey, soy, and casein. The stuff is so thick I could almost chew it and it's damn tasty too. The other bonus is that it has more fat than just the whey I was using so i'm able to cut back to 2 capsules of the fish oil per meal:) Happy times!

This morning I woke up at 4:30... Looked at the clock and said F that. Unfortunately I couldn't go back to sleep.... heh, Good and bad. Good because I've always wanted to wake up early rather than getting up at the last possible second. Bad because the gym doesn't open until 5:45! I'll have to see if I can keep myself awake later at night.

Energywise I'm feeling awesome, better than i have in the last few weeks.

Also, deciding not to take the lipo6 before working out was a good idea. I had a much better time at the gym today.

Stoked about almost breaking under 210. I know allot of it's "water weight". However, I've been working out for a solid month before this diet so I'm wondering how much of it is actually water weight. Probably just wishful thinking on my part but either way those numbers on the scale are a damn pretty site.

jhf
07-10-2007, 08:19 AM
First craving hit:) Been lingering for most of the morning but I made it through like a champ. I think the reason is there is nothing that's salty..... Every shake is sweet. Heh, nothing to horrible, mebbe I'll go the way of the cow and buy a salt block! Lol... It was actually rather easy to get through the craving... just remembered the feeling I had when I stepped on the scale this morning... Think it's time for another happy dance.

Superchic
07-10-2007, 06:56 PM
hehehehehehe......i'm a genius for reminding you of that store huh?!?!?
Anyways, Sounds Like you are doing good. oh the cravings....I got 12 more weeks and then its food food food....oh I can't wait!!!!

good job J keep it up...so when are the cigs gonna kick it???

Dominikm
07-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Yea it sucks on the first few days. All is true though, it does get that 1000 times easier after about day 5 or so...

jhf
07-11-2007, 05:37 AM
Weight 209.6
BF 27.2

Yesterday was a lil tougher. Energy levels started dropping towards the end of the day. Woke up this morning early again but was able to sleep for an extra 30 min. At the gym I was really struggling. Other than that I'm feeling fabulous.

Had an interesting conversation with the bottle of V-8 in my apartment. It kept calling out to me saying "Drink me" and I would tell it to stfu, and it would reply "I'm healthy... only 50 cals and lots of goodness", and then I responded back with a more emphatic STFU, and it whimped a while and quieted down. =D

Heh, It probably would be beneficial to drink a glass of spicy V8 but I decided against it. I made a plan and I'm going to stick to it. If I do this again then I'll probably incorporate a glass a day because my brain is crying for something spicy and salty :) It's gonna have to wait for 25 days.

And Tosh, I dunno what yer talkin about... cigs???? what cigs???? there are no cigs here .....hmmmm.....

Dominikm
07-11-2007, 05:48 AM
Lol, you funny barstard!

Good work so far though, looks like you have probaly dropped off all you excess water weight and you are dropping fat also. MAke it through another 3 days and it's easy street. People say week 2 is harder, trust me it's not :)

jon4127
07-11-2007, 06:00 AM
Good work so far man! I ran a full velocity diet and a log is defiantly the way to go, it really will help you stay focused. This type of accelerated diet is not for everyone but if you can man up and do it, the results are astounding.

Wait till you start getting weird dreams, I started dreaming of Italian subs around day 4 :D

jhf
07-11-2007, 07:35 AM
Lol, when jimmy the italian sub appears to me I'll say hello for you:)

jhf
07-12-2007, 02:26 AM
Not going to post my stats for today because they wouldn't be measured under normal circumstances.

I have a test this morning and so I went to bed a few hour early and woke up at 3 am. Thus I won't be working out first thing in the morning and taking my measurements immediately after. I'll be working out after the test.

Yesterday went suprisingly well. Alot easier than the day before. No intimate conversations with any bottles of V8 etc. Sadly I didn't see jimmy the italian sub in my dreams and Victor the V8 stayed quiet as well. The on thing I was really impressed with was that I turned down a slice of pizza without even thinking of it or having the desire to enjoy one. Yay!

The only new development is that the flax seed is passing through my system like sand paper. Gross and painful! I'm almost scared to visit the plaster goddess. I need to go to walmart and buy some super soft lotion slathered tp cause there is one raw pucker in sd!

Well my worksheets just finished printing out so it's time to hit the books again. Will post more later most likely.

lolernie
07-12-2007, 02:46 AM
This definitely seems like a hardcore diet. Some definite props for the insane willpower you guys all have. I imagine its hard to get used to, but once its over it sounds like the results will be worth it. I'm excited to see all your guys' results and if they're good (sounds like they will be) look into it a lot more. Only negative besides the willpower required is that it seems like it would get expensive. If you're going to be behind it physically though, you might as well be behind it financially as well.

Just out of curiosity how much would you guess it costs for the full 28 days?

Dominikm
07-12-2007, 02:46 AM
Goos stuff on turning down the pizza and good to see you got your sainty back, not more convesations with random items...

Use one of thise little coffee blenders put the flax seeds in there and turn them into dust, I dont do this but I can see it working very well and it will mix very well.

cawiau
07-12-2007, 04:39 AM
Good job on hanging on so far.
Believe me...once you are done you will be Happy you did it.

jon4127
07-12-2007, 06:47 AM
Just out of curiosity how much would you guess it costs for the full 28 days?

cost me about 210$ for the month. average that out against the cost of food and not going out for dinners and it about breaks even.

to the op, awesome job with turning down the pizza, you are a rock man!

Dominikm
07-12-2007, 06:54 AM
$500 Australian, becasue Australia sucks balls and have to import everything so it ups the price... It's not like i'm doing it every month so it's all good...

I could proably spend alot more on a normal diet though, if I wanted to...

jhf
07-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Bah today is absolute crap only for the reason that working overnights 2 nights a week seriously screws with the program! So yesterday I went to bed at 7pm, and woke up at 3am to study for my chem test today. I decided to do it that way because my mental faculties were pretty drained by 7pm and I have been waking up pretty alert. Well that whole thing went without a hitch. But getting up at 3am screwed with my shakes. So I ended up only getting in 3 sets of shakes. I think... bah... anyways now I have to go to bed and wake up at 10pm to work. Needless to say... not sure where day x ends and day y begins... lol ... So Friday I'll work from 11pm to 7 am, stay up as long as possible and attempt to get back on a regular schedule... hmmmm Should be interesting.... So on Sat do i end up having 7-10 shakes instead of my regular 5? Think I'll just keep sucking em down every 3 hrs and see where I end up on Sunday when I can weigh in on my normal routine... hehe

Good news:) Fish capsules don't suck anymore... I'm actually growing fond of them... With so much sweet in the shakes, when i bust open the bottle of fish capsules, they smell pretty damn good... no longer are they the repugnant source of all that is evil.

If I end the 28 days liking fish, then that in itself will be a joyous wonder of wonders miracle... would rock... I've always wanted to like fish. I use to as a little kid but somewhere along the way I grew to hate it even though I wanted to love it. Here's to hoping!

Superchic
07-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Def. eating every 3 hours is the way to go. Otherwise your metabolism will slow down...keep it up.

cawiau
07-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Def. eating every 3 hours is the way to go. Otherwise your metabolism will slow down...keep it up.

Couldn't have said it any better :)

Dominikm
07-12-2007, 10:07 PM
x3 on the eating...

Looks like you need to plan your weeks out mate and base you calories over a 24 hour period, when ever that may be so you work the diet correct :)

jhf
07-13-2007, 03:07 AM
So far it's been kinda rough going today. No feelings of quiting or food cravings but the shakes are gettin harder and harder to put down. Heh last one i just closed my eyes, held my breath, and drank until it was all gone. Not pleasant. When I get off work I'm going to go buy some different flavors, perhaps the variety will help. Feeling a bit drained to... kinda mostly in the head... but then again... i dunno if that's all that unusual... lol

I've decided on Monday I shall begin my weight lifting program. Not exactly sure what I'll be doing so for the next 2 days I'm gonna page through some of the articles here.

Also on Sunday I'm going to quit smoking. Should be interesting but I figure as long as I'm on a will power roll might as well stack one more thing on :) I forgot to mention I'm slightly masochistic... lol not really.

And in other news I'm kickin the lipo 6 to the curb. It's doing some rather nasty things to my body which are far to disgusting to go into detail here. especially considereing there's one of you that I know in real life and you don't need the details. Heh, It happened before but I thought it was from the ephadrine in the eca stack, guess not... Good bye Lipo 6, you won't be missed.

So 30 min to my next shake, oh joy

josh0899
07-13-2007, 03:17 AM
$500 Australian, becasue Australia sucks balls and have to import everything so it ups the price... It's not like i'm doing it every month so it's all good...

I could proably spend alot more on a normal diet though, if I wanted to...

Try these stores TheSupplementDen.com ADAStreet.com Both are Australian online stores.

Thesupplement den has a better range but i believe that ada street is cheaper.

P.s I am currently on the 2007 cutting contest and my diet is Very costly.

My supplements cost me around 350-400$ per month and my food is around 100$ per week. That equates to around 1000$ a month. But let me tell you its worth it.

Ive had Huge gains in strength and muscle size which in turn has dropped my body fat from around 19% to 16% in 1 month.

Good luck to you guys.

Dominikm
07-13-2007, 03:50 AM
Thanks mate, I bought eveything from thesupplementden.com.au and it cost about $400 all up, then there was surge that has to be bought from biotest direct, flax seeds, fish oil and those three were from the local health store...

If you did the diet, you would save $500 as you psy $1000... Expensice but it saves your also money :)

Superchic
07-13-2007, 05:18 AM
Hey keep it up and yeah!!! on the smoking for sunday!!! you can do it! go team go team....hehehhe :)

Shakes....ummm try mixing with ice.....more like a smoothie....also did you look for walden farms stuff....might help...
just trying to get you some ideas.

ohhhh yeah I mix mine with ice and coffee then chocolate protein powder...that's tasty too...mocha protein :)

Anyways, give me a call if you need a mental push thru the weekend!!

jhf
07-13-2007, 05:25 AM
Heh, i doooo use ice... but the coffee thing is pure genious... why didn't i think of that ? Damn.... 1 hr away from protien coffee bliss.... mmmmmmmm. You rock Tosh, genious, pure genious... mmm coffee. Hmmm would it be wrong to have coffee shake 5x a day... lol ... hmmmmm

Dominikm
07-13-2007, 05:27 AM
I don't think so, use good coffee, just coffee and no added crap + you get a big of a boost, even if you can't feel it your metabolism will...

jhf
07-13-2007, 09:09 AM
Just a quick day 5 marker cause these overnights make keeping track of stuff interesting. So by the calendar I'm on Day 6. Sleepwise, heh I have no idea:)

Took a nap this morning and I think I dreamed of the whole time. No specifics but I know there was lots of food....

Went to the grocery store earlier to buy 2 more tubs of protien. Cookies and Cream and Rocky Road..... Don't go to the grocery store when you are feeling hungry. The smell of the bakery as I first stepped in was rather overwhelming. And seeing all the good yummy stuff on the shelves through my perifeal vision as I kept my eyes on the floor all the way to the protein section was torturous... heh, wasn't that bad but I have my eye on a jar of humus for when this is over :D

cawiau
07-13-2007, 09:12 AM
Hey keep it up and yeah!!! on the smoking for sunday!!! you can do it! go team go team....hehehhe :)

Shakes....ummm try mixing with ice.....more like a smoothie....also did you look for walden farms stuff....might help...
just trying to get you some ideas.

ohhhh yeah I mix mine with ice and coffee then chocolate protein powder...that's tasty too...mocha protein :)

Anyways, give me a call if you need a mental push thru the weekend!!

Pure Genius...
I would kiss you...but a rep will do :D

Superchic
07-13-2007, 04:12 PM
Another FYI...I use plain black coffee but you can buy flavored grounds....from walmart I have gotten a cinnabon coffee....craziness...right now I have chocolate truffel....next I'm trying the hazelnut stuff.

comedic.genious
07-13-2007, 05:38 PM
how much coffee can be used on the velocity diet ...and how do i fit it in to my caloric intake?

chrischap01
07-13-2007, 06:28 PM
coffee has less than 1 calorie per oz, usually

Superchic
07-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Well for a little bit of an idea...I am "allowed"2-3 cups of coffee a day per my trainer (who is a 30 year bb'er) for my contest prep for my figure/bodybuilding shows. coffee with the caffeine helps with burning fat....just can't overdose....ya know...and of course...ex out the sugar and cream...I'll use splenda (I know J doesn't like it though....heheheh)

hope that helps guys...

Dominikm
07-13-2007, 08:29 PM
Just a quick day 5 marker cause these overnights make keeping track of stuff interesting. So by the calendar I'm on Day 6. Sleepwise, heh I have no idea:)

Took a nap this morning and I think I dreamed of the whole time. No specifics but I know there was lots of food....

Went to the grocery store earlier to buy 2 more tubs of protien. Cookies and Cream and Rocky Road..... Don't go to the grocery store when you are feeling hungry. The smell of the bakery as I first stepped in was rather overwhelming. And seeing all the good yummy stuff on the shelves through my perifeal vision as I kept my eyes on the floor all the way to the protein section was torturous... heh, wasn't that bad but I have my eye on a jar of humus for when this is over :D

Welcome to my life, except change that to having a flat mate who knows his **** in the kitchen and cooks food all the time that smells frigging awsome!

But I have dedicated myself to the v diet for 2 more weeks, speaking of that it's day 14! Solid meal refeed today! Yay! 1/2 way point!

jhf
07-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Well for a little bit of an idea...I am "allowed"2-3 cups of coffee a day per my trainer (who is a 30 year bb'er) for my contest prep for my figure/bodybuilding shows. coffee with the caffeine helps with burning fat....just can't overdose....ya know...and of course...ex out the sugar and cream...I'll use splenda (I know J doesn't like it though....heheheh)

hope that helps guys...

Real men chew on the grinds! What's this creamer and sugar ****!!!! Heh only 2-3 cups eh? well that's good since that's about how much I drink in chem every morning ;)

jhf
07-14-2007, 05:33 AM
Yesterday went without a problem. Did feel drained in the morning but I think that's more due to my sleep schedule switch.

Couple interesting points. First, the girl who comes in after me in the mornings brought a thing of ciniminis and french toast sticks from Burger King and asked me which one I wanted. I screamed and ran away like a little kid! Ok not really but i said no without thinking about it and without really wanting them. That's huge... I use to love ciniminis and french toast sticks:) yay me.

Second, I weighed myself when i got off shift and it showed 209.8. That's huge! I couldn't believe it and checked again. Now 209.8 is higher than my last weigh in but and this is the awesome part... On my official weigh in posts its after I wake up and work out and before I consume lots and lots of protein shakes and water. Now considering I've been drinking protein shakes and water all night 209.8 is huge. I'm guessing that if I were on a normal schedule and weighed myself after working out before drinking water and shakes I'd be down to 207 something.

This thing works! yay :) I'm looking forward to this thing.

One thing I need to do today is check and see how comprable natural unsweetened peanutbutter compares to flax seed in terms of fat and carbs. I'm sitting around 43grams of carbs at the moment so i definately can add some more. The flax just doesn't do well comming out so to speak.

I just checked and the peanut butter has more protien, just a lil less fiber, just a lil more carbs, and just a lil more fat than the flax... so It might be a worthy substitute to put in the shakes. What do you guys think?

Dominikm
07-14-2007, 05:41 AM
Good job...

A little pb in your last shake to spice things up is fine instead of flax.

Superchic
07-14-2007, 07:45 AM
do a little dance....yeah fun!!! congrats on the weight. look at you look at you!!! awesome. by the time i see you again we are both going to look sooo different!! yeah.

the weight is going away and tomorrow you will be on your way to healthy lungs. Proud of you J that is awesome!!!

jhf
07-14-2007, 07:47 AM
well i must say, can't let a youngun like you show me up! Lol, you truely are an inspiration. heh, I'll call ya later after my movie:D

weezyfbaby
07-14-2007, 08:00 PM
just wonderin would BSN sythna 6 protein be ok for this?

Dominikm
07-14-2007, 10:52 PM
Anything will be, if ON 100% whey is fine then alot of things should be.

EDIT: Just looked into it and it's a slow release protien, it will be perfect mate :)

But it's 15g carbs a scoop. So do your figures first to make sure its all good.

jhf
07-15-2007, 05:52 AM
Weight 207.8

Start of week 1 was 216.6
So that's 8.8 pounds lost! And in all actuallity it's probably more because the gym is closed on sundays so the 207.8 was taken right when i woke up.

I posted new progress pictures on my bodyspace. Can't really tell much of a difference but then I've noticed the same on most peoples 1 week progress pictures. I know I've lost about an inch or more around the waist though. I'll take those measurements tomorrow when I get back from working out.

Overall the first week really wasn't that bad. I was suppose to have my cheat meal yesterday but I skipped it. Heh, I was actually afraid that eating would make it harder to go back to the shakes and I was feeling good so said F it.

As for the protein I use in reply to the guy above. I'm using 100% whey and then for my last shake I use a mix of whey, something else, and casein. I'm doing it that way because it's 2x the cost of the pure whey and I'm poor! Lol... but as you can see from my progress it seems to be working just fine.

This morning my for my first shake I used 1/2 ice and 1/2 coffee instead of water and It's ok, I can't really taste the coffee so i'll probably stick to just water and drink the coffee on the side. Love coffee to much to bastardiz e it with the other flavors.

So with Week 1 behind me I don't think week 2 will be much of a problem at all.

Good luck to everyone!

josh0899
07-16-2007, 02:47 AM
Weight 207.8

Start of week 1 was 216.6
So that's 8.8 pounds lost! And in all actuallity it's probably more because the gym is closed on sundays so the 207.8 was taken right when i woke up.

I posted new progress pictures on my bodyspace. Can't really tell much of a difference but then I've noticed the same on most peoples 1 week progress pictures. I know I've lost about an inch or more around the waist though. I'll take those measurements tomorrow when I get back from working out.

Overall the first week really wasn't that bad. I was suppose to have my cheat meal yesterday but I skipped it. Heh, I was actually afraid that eating would make it harder to go back to the shakes and I was feeling good so said F it.

As for the protein I use in reply to the guy above. I'm using 100% whey and then for my last shake I use a mix of whey, something else, and casein. I'm doing it that way because it's 2x the cost of the pure whey and I'm poor! Lol... but as you can see from my progress it seems to be working just fine.

This morning my for my first shake I used 1/2 ice and 1/2 coffee instead of water and It's ok, I can't really taste the coffee so i'll probably stick to just water and drink the coffee on the side. Love coffee to much to bastardiz e it with the other flavors.

So with Week 1 behind me I don't think week 2 will be much of a problem at all.

Good luck to everyone!

4 kg or 8.8 lb in 1 week is incredible you must be going insane with hunger. lol..

Could you guys be so kind as too give me some sort of an idea of what to do on the velocity diet and how i should go about it. I only have around 11kg or 25 lbs too loose and if you are loosing on average 2.5-4kg per week that would save me alot of time.

Repped about 4 people in this thread good job guys. :)

Dominikm
07-16-2007, 06:12 AM
4 kg or 8.8 lb in 1 week is incredible you must be going insane with hunger. lol..

Could you guys be so kind as too give me some sort of an idea of what to do on the velocity diet and how i should go about it. I only have around 11kg or 25 lbs too loose and if you are loosing on average 2.5-4kg per week that would save me alot of time.

Repped about 4 people in this thread good job guys. :)

Start here

http://www.t-nation.com/jumpLast.do?id=546491

Then here

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=05-025-diet

Fat loss logs section his this log, my log, the main massive thread/log so there is heaps of info there. Hunger is not an issue mate, also casein/fibre sorts that out :)

jhf, aswsome stuff, keep going! Also, eat that meal, it does not effect you. It is really good to eat it as it's real food and you body will be like food, awsome, lets digest it and spike this dudes metabolism also :)

jhf
07-16-2007, 07:24 AM
Weight 207.2
BF 26.4

Well, I feel like I'm over the hardest part. The last few days have been very easy. No complaints at all, not even the fish oil capsules. I start my weight routine today so this evening I'll be at the gym. I don't have the specifics in front of me but on this site there is a 1 year beginner work out that goes month by month. Looked good so I figured I'd use that.

People have been asking about the diet and how you feel on it so here is my take. First off, Dominik posted the links right above this to the actual diet, thanks :) That's basically it. What I did was find the stuff available to me, entered the nutritional info on fitday and tweeked it to match as closely to his numbers as possible. I.E. grams of carbs, protien, and fibre.

Energywise the first day or two I was fine. Then for the next 3 or so days I was feeling drained and just a lil off mentally. By day 6 or 7 I was back to normal. I feel absolutely fantastic and my cardio this morning wasn't lacking at all. To anyone who's thinking of this, it's really not bad. You just have to make it past the first 3-4 days and it's all down hill.

I've been starting to think of what I'm going to do once this diet is over. I've been reading through various sections and I think that once I get off this I'm going to move straight to a keto diet. The way I figure it my body is already on the verge of ketosis as it is and it appears you can be on the keto diet indefinately. I have to double check that and i don't plan on being on it indefinately. My main concerns are health and I don't want to do any damage to myself. So as long as it's healthy that's the way I'm going to go. More research is definately in order.

On Aug 29th, I'm heading to Mexico for a week with my significant other so why not go hard core up to that point. Cause once I get there I'm enjoying everything I possibly can. You can't imagine the kind of restaurants that are in this tiny lil town an hour south of cancun. Everything from some of the best chinese you've had to a 5 star restaurant to traditional mexican. It's friggin awesome :)

My only concern with a Keto diet is that it seems expensive so I'm going to have to do some serious budgeting to figure out the cheapest way to do it in a hotel room with a microwave, mini fridge, and george forman grill.

My last thought is I wonder how this weeks loss will go. Last week was more than I could have hoped for. My goal for this week is at least 3 lbs. That will keep me on track to where I want to be. This is gettin fun :)

Dominikm
07-16-2007, 07:37 AM
Awsome stuff man, it is all down hill from after about day 4 isn't it (weight wise)... Good going so far, stick to it...

Lol, don't go to nuts in mexico :) I'm thinking of keto also as you are kinda bordering ketosis on this diet and you could easily pahse into it. More reseach first for me. I got my 40/40/20 sorted incase I don't do it but who knows...

chrischap01
07-16-2007, 07:58 AM
Weight 207.2
BF 26.4

Well, I feel like I'm over the hardest part. The last few days have been very easy. No complaints at all, not even the fish oil capsules. I start my weight routine today so this evening I'll be at the gym. I don't have the specifics in front of me but on this site there is a 1 year beginner work out that goes month by month. Looked good so I figured I'd use that.

I've been starting to think of what I'm going to do once this diet is over. I've been reading through various sections and I think that once I get off this I'm going to move straight to a keto diet. The way I figure it my body is already on the verge of ketosis as it is and it appears you can be on the keto diet indefinately. I have to double check that and i don't plan on being on it indefinately. My main concerns are health and I don't want to do any damage to myself. So as long as it's healthy that's the way I'm going to go. More research is definately in order.

My only concern with a Keto diet is that it seems expensive so I'm going to have to do some serious budgeting to figure out the cheapest way to do it in a hotel room with a microwave, mini fridge, and george forman grill.

My last thought is I wonder how this weeks loss will go. Last week was more than I could have hoped for. My goal for this week is at least 3 lbs. That will keep me on track to where I want to be. This is gettin fun :)

Good job so far! Good luck with the new weight workout.

Re: keto, I know they get a bad rap on here but I'd suggest you read either Atkins or South Beach. Both give a good plan for taking yourself from low/no carbs up to a reasonable, balanced diet if you follow them exactly. Re: the cost, fresh and frozen green vegetables, eggs, canned chicken breast, and canned tuna are your friends if you are on a budget. Once you get away from the minifridge, you can go with the big bags of frozen chicken breasts.

jhf
07-17-2007, 06:52 AM
Today was kind of crappy. I over slept and so I didn't get a chance to work out. But still going strong on the the diet. Nothing really to report other than that.

Weight 207.8

jhf
07-18-2007, 07:35 AM
Was able to get my cardio in yesterday. Yay me. Other than that nothing really to post. Going to go lift in about an hour. Splitting my Routine into 3 days of lifting 3 days of cardio. MWF Lift, T,TH,Sat Cardio.

Positive note, my face is starting to slim down so that's good :)
Weighed in yesterday after the workout at 206.4

Around noon now and I just did my first weight session. Felt good but was really disapointing. I wasn't able to get through the entire set of exersizes. Understandable but frustrating but I know as time progresses things will get better. Also now that I'm throwing in lifting into the mix I'm expecting a slow down on weight lost which is perfectly fine as long as the body fat percentage continues to drop. Looking forward to being sore tomorrow :)

Katelyn C
07-18-2007, 01:24 PM
What is the best whey to take on the velocity diet and the best flavor?

-Aaron-
07-18-2007, 01:26 PM

Whey isn't the protein you should be taking. A Casein blend is what's optimal for it's ability to make you feel full.

I would recommend 0N 100% Casein Vanilla.

justdragit
07-18-2007, 01:47 PM
Whey is fine. I have used it both time i have done this diet. If you want to use casein protein Syntrax Matrix 5.0 is the best IMO. Otherwise, for regular whey go with ON 100% Whey in the Extreme Milk Chocolate.

jhf
07-18-2007, 02:50 PM
Basically what they said. I mainly use just the ON Whey, a scoop of cookies and cream and a scoop of rocky road in each shake. I usually use the protien mix which has the casien in it for my last shake of the day. I'd use it for every shake but I'm poor and it's 2x the cost of the whey.

EvoSummer
07-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Was able to get my cardio in yesterday. Yay me. Other than that nothing really to post. Going to go lift in about an hour. Splitting my Routine into 3 days of lifting 3 days of cardio. MWF Lift, T,TH,Sat Cardio.

Positive note, my face is starting to slim down so that's good :)
Weighed in yesterday after the workout at 206.4

Around noon now and I just did my first weight session. Felt good but was really disapointing. I wasn't able to get through the entire set of exersizes. Understandable but frustrating but I know as time progresses things will get better. Also now that I'm throwing in lifting into the mix I'm expecting a slow down on weight lost which is perfectly fine as long as the body fat percentage continues to drop. Looking forward to being sore tomorrow :)

Great job man. Just stay on track and it'll be worth it in how you look and feel. We're about the same weight so it'll be nice to see how you progress.

Superchic
07-18-2007, 08:14 PM
Hey J~

been busy here missed checking up on ya...hehehe. Looks like you are doing good. Watch it on the Keto diet...I would suggest more research and I would like to chat with you before hand. My volleyball coach was on this and would just like to talk to you about that.

what is your lifting split...MWF fullbody or are you doing an upper lower body split??

My new plan is psychotic and crazy...different everyday...here we go...3.5 weeks out from my first show!!! :)

Superchic
07-18-2007, 08:18 PM
Also, one other note...Zack said he would help you set up a diet/training plan if you are interested...

Dominikm
07-19-2007, 02:05 AM
so i guess u 2 know each other in real life outside of the forums then based on your convos since you have started posting here...

?

Hilush
07-19-2007, 03:24 AM
If i knew how to rep people I'd rep you just for your determination :-)

Little question,
are you staying with the exact same calorie intake from day 1 to day 28?
(I mean does the split for low days and for high days stay the same...)

because i thought about doing some tapering of the calories to start higher and lower it as the days go by...

Superchic
07-19-2007, 05:05 AM
so i guess u 2 know each other in real life outside of the forums then based on your convos since you have started posting here...

?

eh...unfortunately yeah we know eachother.....hehehe
just kidding....Yeah I know J....Great guy, awesome, honest, dependable, and hardworker!!! most genuine person I know...

jhf
07-19-2007, 05:37 AM
Weight 206.2

Awwww yer gonna make me blush!.... Seriously though if anyone is a testament to willpower and dedication it's miss superchict.

T, I would love all the help I can get. At the moment I'm "attempting" a full body mwf

Anyways, first on the tapering thing. I've thought about it but since the calorie deficiency is so great I don't think there is a need for a person like me to taper. Especially since it's only 1 month.

Been looking into the keto diet more and more and I think I'm going to stay away from it. I'll probably just substitute a meal for a protein shake little by little until i get to one of the normal diets. My challenge is to figure out what is feasible with a minifridge, microwave, toaster oven, and a double burner. The mini fridge is what kills me.

Word of the day is Aroma. The last two days the smell of food has made itself known in full force. Went to a movie and all i could smell is buttered popcorn. Stopped by the photo shop to pick up a tripod and the smell of the Chinese restaurant next door was wow... yup... heh, it's like everywhere I go my nose is on full alert. It's not making me crave anything, just thought it was interesting.

Ran a full mile around the track this morning :) Haven't done that in over a year... I was pretty happy with myself. Strange how things work, just a few days ago I had to stop at half a mile and today just felt like I could keep going so I did... yay! 2 miles here I come!

jhf
07-19-2007, 05:38 AM
Little question,
are you staying with the exact same calorie intake from day 1 to day 28?
(I mean does the split for low days and for high days stay the same...)

because i thought about doing some tapering of the calories to start higher and lower it as the days go by...

Pretty much, I get a bowl of oatmeal on saturdays but other than that its the same. The days I lift I get an extra shake for after the work out.

Dominikm
07-19-2007, 05:50 AM
Pretty much, I get a bowl of oatmeal on saturdays but other than that its the same. The days I lift I get an extra shake for after the work out.

lol, honesty dude... Fuk that! Thats the original suggestion, ****ty one, he revised it (original author) to say got a restaurant and get a decent meal so you can be social or just do what I do... Get a fat steak and cook it up in a killer way, two thick toast slices and some salad.... best thing in the workd, nothing is better that this ever ever or ever again... after doing a week on the shakes...

Aroma, yea that gets stronger, funny thouhg, i have no cravings, i loved these doughnut things, with cusrard inside them before at this bakery i walk past every day, custar horn, that the word... taste awsome, doughnut and custard in one :)... No cravings and i look at all food and there are no cravings...

You'll know what i mean after day 15 or so...

jhf
07-20-2007, 12:49 AM
No idea what my weight is as I'm sitting at work right now with nothing better to do than write my update. I get off work at 7 and will be heading over to the gym to lift then.

Yesterday was fine until the evening when I started getting some heavy duty cravings. Worked through em and now everything is fine. Took another look at the velocity diet and I guess tomorrow or saturday I'll have my normal meal. Not sure what I'll have yet. I'll probably go to a restaraunt and have a steak and some green vegies.

I've spent a good part of the day researching on proper nutrition and what to do once this is over and all I can say is information over load! I need to find something simple that I can follow everyday. If I had a normal fridge this wouldn't be much of a problem but with my current limitations I'm stuck as to what to do. Heh, I feel no better informed than when I began! So here is the question, If you had a minifridge, a microwave, toaster oven, and a george forman grill what's a simple plan roughly following 40/40/20 1900-2100 calories. I don't really care if I eat the same thing everyday for 6 months

And then once i get down to 185-190 lbs I want to start bulking so if I'm not mistaken that would be 2700-3000 calories.

Anyways, any helpful input would be much appreciated. The goal is simple without the need for large fridge space, daily trips to the grocery store, virtually no freezer space, and no extravagent cooking(washing pots and pans in a bathroom sink is no fun).

Back to the current state of things. I've decided to kick things up a notch by toning things down. If that makes any sense :) Basically I'm toning down the cardio. Longer duration but less intensity. It seems that is the best way to lose fat without eating into your muscles. Also I'll be walking to the gym on weight lifting days and that will be my warm up. I think it's about half a mile so that should do quite nicely. I'm also going to incorporate a moderate bike ride everyday in the afternoon. I'm spending to much time sitting around so I need to introduce more activity. Once I've transitioned off the V-diet I'll up the intensity of the cardio until I can maintain 40 min at 80% at which point I'll introduce HIT.

Quiting smoking has been a miserable failure so it's time to kick that up a notch too. No excuses are acceptable.

Dominikm
07-20-2007, 04:09 AM
Good stuff dude, give it till the end off or middle off week 3 and cravings are basically gone. Keep going, good idea on upping the cardio since you just sit around all day...

Superchic
07-20-2007, 05:12 AM
Sweet looks like you've been doing a lot of research.

email me some info and Zack and I can formulate a type of diet and traiing that may work for you....he's been at this for 4 years and well I have a 30 yr trainer..working with me...

so when you hae time email me what macros your at now carb/protein/fat...your cardio (how much intensity) /weight lifting (reps /sets) also, supps (fats, how many pills, fat burners, creatine, all that)

I have some ideas that will taper you into a good cutting diet after your velocity diet....kinda like coming off contest prep that I just went thru...it should work well...

Also, let me know the exact date you'll be starting a new diet so i can make sure to work it right....and the date that you are going on vacation!!! (end goal date)

This is all if you want help of course....

Dominikm
07-20-2007, 05:15 AM
My after v diet plan if you wanna take a look... 2500 cals...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=848493&size=big&cat=&ppuser=367960

I have the afternoon snack as post workout basically and after I might change the scoop of whey + banana, keep the whey but different carbs that will be absorbed better.

jhf
07-20-2007, 10:06 PM
Today was good. Walked to the gym which took about 20 min and lifted weights. Felt strong and much better than the first session. After that I took a slower walk home which took about 25 minutes. One thing that helped me out a lot at the gym was bringing my watch. I made sure I took 60 seconds rest in between each set of reps. 60 seconds is a lot longer than you would think. I think that may have been why the first go around wasn't so fabulous.

Mailed my dear friend Tosh to take her up on her offer of help and gave her all the info. Thanks T!

I seemed to have stalled a bit on the weight loss but that's ok. I took measurements today and have lost in the important areas. Plus I can tell a difference in the mirror. I'll post another set of progress pics on body space on Sunday. I have a new tripod so I'll be able to get consistent pictures from here on in.

Tomorrow I get my meal. Not really excited about it but I figure it would do my body good for a lil change after 2 weeks of just protein shakes and everyone has been telling me I should. What's on the menu? I have no idea but I'm going to stay away from carbs like bread and pasta. Although now that I typed out pasta it's sounds pretty damn good, heh must stay away! I'll most likely have steak or a salad with grilled chicken. Don't really know yet.

Other than that just sittin at work sippin away at a protein shake waiting to get off to go for a walk in 7 hours. :D

EvoSummer
07-21-2007, 12:19 AM
Nice job man. Even if the scale doesn't move those measurements are what count. What are you going to do when you get to day 28? Cut using a different diet, maintain, or bulk?

jhf
07-21-2007, 12:39 AM
Thanks! I'm going to slowly transition into a 40/40/20 diet and continue cutting down to about 185 and then get down to some serious business of putting on some muscle mass :) But first I'm going to enjoy a week off in mexico, heh.

jhf
07-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Well i'm sitting at work again without much to do so I figure I'd call this day virtually over and celebrate the half way mark with a protein shake and update.

This morning much to my chagrin I took everyone's advice and had a solid meal. I had a steak fajita wrap minus the sour cream and a salad instead of the fries. Picked out the crutons and as much cheese and bacon and had probably half a table spoon of balsamic vinigerette. Only thing that was really bad about the meal was probably the pepperjack cheese. Overall, it was yummy but it didn't really do anything for me.

I should mention that as I write this my coworker is scarfing down a roastbeef sandwich and fries. Cruel! heh, not really, I'm pretty happy with the shake.

Anyways, didn't get my cardio in today as I got off work at 7 am and had to be back at work at 3 pm and i didn't get much sleep before the 11-7am shift. Tomorrow I'm going to put in an intensive cardio session, weigh in, and take another set of pictures which I'll upload to body space. I have a feeling I'm going to be up a pound or two but that's cool cause I measured yesterday and I was down about an inch around the waist.

Anyways, 2 weeks done, 2 weeks to go, and then healthy healthy yummy food:)

jhf
07-22-2007, 10:49 AM
Woke up and went for a about a 2 mile run, well i think 2 miles, ran for about 20 min and at the moment I'm a slow runner. All in all I was out moving around for about 40 min. Felt good, I haven't been able to run 20 min straight since god was a boy. Got home, weighed in and I am now at 207.4 . So from last sunday I'm only down .4 pounds. But, I'm down an inch around the waist and hips. Yay... so another successful week. Heh, still wish the scale showed lower but I know that those aren't the important numbers. As long as the waist is shrinking the scale can say what ever the hell it wants to :)

Steak_n_Taters
07-22-2007, 03:28 PM

On's banana FTW!!! I love the flavor. Sometimes i mix it with chocolate.

Superchic
07-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Screw the scale...I'm contest prep right now...3 weeks out...diet just changes and the f***ing scale just went up 4 pounds. ugggg.....I know its water weight and hopefully some muscle. Zack says it is muscle because I'm looking good.

so yeah....toss the stupid thing out the window...just my 2 cents.

jhf
07-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Lol, ya but i'm a sucker for instant gratification. I like when I use the facilities and my weight goes up half a pound... I swear I paid attention in physics class... lol I don't put to much into the day to day changes.

I wish I could make it to your show.... oh well, I'll just have to go warm up the mexican sun for ya so it's all ready for your cruise :)

Heh, I'm pretty sure chocolate and bananas are out on this diet... lol but it does sound yummy specially with a spoon of peanut butter.

Dominikm
07-23-2007, 03:37 AM
Good stuff, your down and inch and down .4lbs so thats good also... Keep going mate. You will get there :)

jhf
07-23-2007, 07:23 AM
Well, yesterday came and went without any major issues. Drinking my preworkout shake right now so I figured I'd check in. Gonna head over to the gym and lift some weights. Looking forward to it, the soreness from the weekend is gone so I need to go get sore again!

Starting to see a lot more noticibile changes in the mirror which is awesome motivation. Everything is shrinking and I can see more definition. Very happy about that. I'm getting optimistic for how things will be towards the end of summer.

jhf
07-23-2007, 06:05 PM
Well, I just got back from a nice 20 min bike ride. I wanted to see how long it would take me to ride to class and turned it into a moderate cardio session. Nothing to serious but enough to break a sweat. This morning I did weights and that felt really good too... expecting to be sore tomorrow.

I had really bad cravings for about 30 min to an hour earlier. Opened my window and I smelled barbecue. So I just downed a shake a lil earlier than I was planning and went on the bike ride. Took care of the cravings and I feel better for it. That was pretty much the first attack of any sort of cravings in a while. Oh well, couple hours of study and then off to bed.

SoopamehnX
07-23-2007, 10:58 PM
i currently weight at 204lbs with roughly 25%bf according to the scale at my gym(although i highly doubt its that high maybe 20%ish) . My question is most of my fat is in my midsection when on the v diet how does your skin react to say 15+lbs of weight loss. does your midsection skin sag because of the radical loss? or does it tighten up

jhf
07-24-2007, 08:41 AM
My midsection seems to be shrinking up quite nicely. At least there seems to be no noticible sag.... then again I'm only a lil over half way through this, and a long time from my ultimate goal.... so I won't really know until several months down the road.

jhf
07-24-2007, 08:44 AM
Just got back from my first attempt at HIIT. Did it for 5 minutes and I have to say wow.... it really kicks yer ass... I can't imagine what 15-20 min is like. My plan is 5 minutes for the first 3 sessions and then add a minute every 3 sessions until i'm up to 15-20 minutes. Felt like giving up after the first sprint but I couldn't bring myself to do it... after all it is only 4 more springs and then 3 and then 2 and then the last one. It would have been pretty pathetic of me not to be able to push through 5 sprints.... but damn it was tough... heh, I'm scared for Thursday when I do it again.

On another positive note, checked my weight after working out and it showed 206.6 so we are back on a down trend it seems... :)

Superchic
07-24-2007, 04:53 PM
What are you doing for hit....1 min sprint 1 min recovery??

jhf
07-24-2007, 05:11 PM
30 seconds sprint, 30 seconds recovery. Heh, lets see how much more I can procrastinate from chem :)

EvoSummer
07-24-2007, 05:15 PM
I thought you were supposed to keep the cardio low intensity for the velocity diet. When do we get to see pictures?

edit: just saw your bodyspace. Nice job. I see a nice difference.

jhf
07-24-2007, 05:24 PM
Heh, you are and the majority of my cardio is... just got bored and wanted to see what it was like... kicked my ass but that just makes me want to kick it back!
and thanks:) I'm looking forward to this sundays pics, hopefully will continue to notice a difference.

EvoSummer
07-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Heh, you are and the majority of my cardio is... just got bored and wanted to see what it was like... kicked my ass but that just makes me want to kick it back!
and thanks:) I'm looking forward to this sundays pics, hopefully will continue to notice a difference.

Definitely. If you can make sure to take measurements of your body because it's a bit harder to notice a difference when you're looking at yourself in the mirror everyday (at least that's what it's like for me). Well I have started to notice a little less moobs for myself which is nice.

Dominikm
07-25-2007, 03:32 AM
Just got back from my first attempt at HIIT. Did it for 5 minutes and I have to say wow.... it really kicks yer ass... I can't imagine what 15-20 min is like. My plan is 5 minutes for the first 3 sessions and then add a minute every 3 sessions until i'm up to 15-20 minutes. Felt like giving up after the first sprint but I couldn't bring myself to do it... after all it is only 4 more springs and then 3 and then 2 and then the last one. It would have been pretty pathetic of me not to be able to push through 5 sprints.... but damn it was tough... heh, I'm scared for Thursday when I do it again.

On another positive note, checked my weight after working out and it showed 206.6 so we are back on a down trend it seems... :)

Don't do that cardio, I didn't loose anything last week and upped the cardio heaps. I am just walking to and from work this week and i'm loosing again, the more cardio you do the more counter effective it seems to be on this diet.

jhf
07-25-2007, 07:54 AM
Well, yesterday was another success. Not much to report, did the HIIT as I already mentioned and it kicked my ass. Was getting hungry earlier than usual in between shakes but nothing huge. One thing that occured to me though is that as a student, this is definately a summer diet. I wouldn't want to do this in the middle of a full semester. Ever since I've started this the last thing I seem to want to do is sit down and do the work for my chem summer class. Heh, lucky for me the hardest part of the class was before I started and I can pretty much coast into an A for the course.

Anyways, drinking my pre-workout shake and in a few minutes I'll walk to the gym to lift. Then it's study for the chem test tomorrow.

One happy note. I woke up and for ****s and giggles weighed myself. 207 which is pretty awesome considering my official weigh ins are after working out just so I can get a consistent figure with the water weight playing as little role as possible. So my guess is that after a morning cardio session I would have been in the 205 range... friggin awesome :)... also did a measure of my chest and it was down an inch and a half... the moobs are shrinking :D

-Aaron-
07-25-2007, 09:00 AM
Don't do that cardio, I didn't loose anything last week and upped the cardio heaps. I am just walking to and from work this week and i'm loosing again, the more cardio you do the more counter effective it seems to be on this diet.

x2

I did a 2 hour cardio session, just to see if I can lose anything including mass, it didn't work. It was LISS for 2 hours, but cardio seams pointless on this diet. :(

jhf
07-25-2007, 09:53 AM
Heh, but I'm one of those strange people who prefer cardio to lifting weights. What I'm doing seems to be working for me. We all have to tweek things to fit our own bodies.

Side note, got back from lifting, weighed myself and 205.4 :) woop... back on track:) I might actually make 199 before this diet is over...

11.2 pounds in 17 days aint to shabby

Superchic
07-25-2007, 06:11 PM
Doing good J!!!

On the Cardio you def have to do what you feel is right for your body.

Someone posted about doing 2 hours of cardio in a session...that is counter affecting. During my contest prep i never went over an hour and that was with doing 5-8 sprints followed by 45 min mod cardio. The ONLY time I have ever done more than an hour of cardio was on my triathlon training and I was taking in a lot of carbs to maintain my BF and not counteract and ruin my progress.
Cardio is something you need to tailor to your body whether you are are ecto, meso, or endo.

J after your done with this diet...i have some ideas that should work well for you...a mix of hiit and moderate 3-4 times a week....

I'm so excited for ya!!! keep it up!!

-Aaron-
07-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Doing good J!!!

On the Cardio you def have to do what you feel is right for your body.

Someone posted about doing 2 hours of cardio in a session...that is counter affecting. During my contest prep i never went over an hour and that was with doing 5-8 sprints followed by 45 min mod cardio. The ONLY time I have ever done more than an hour of cardio was on my triathlon training and I was taking in a lot of carbs to maintain my BF and not counteract and ruin my progress.
Cardio is something you need to tailor to your body whether you are are ecto, meso, or endo.

J after your done with this diet...i have some ideas that should work well for you...a mix of hiit and moderate 3-4 times a week....

I'm so excited for ya!!! keep it up!!

I was the one that went two hours to prove a point. Cardio is worthless on this diet, for me and many others anyway. I went two hours of LISS, heart rate never above 150, and I didn't lose ANY weight. No muscle loss, no fat loss, nothing.

Dominikm
07-26-2007, 01:39 AM
It might work mate (jhf), but wait till week 3 where I plateaued becasue of it. It will proably effect you also, maybe not but only time will tell :)

jhf
07-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Late post for day 18 but better late than never.

Yesterday went without a hitch. My sleeping schedule was a lil screwy. Went to bed at 7pm woke up at 3pm and studied from 4-7 for my chem test.... Got 100% yay me...

All in all it's good cause I work overnight tonight so around 3pm i should be ready for bed to wake up at 10pm.... Boooooooo heh, the **** i do to myself... anyways... because of the studying and test haven't had a chance to get any cardio in... will be doing that shortly... but damn it's hot and humid out... oh well no pain no gain right?

10 days to go :) Looking forward to phasing in food and going to mexico... bout a month away now :)

jhf
07-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Down in to the single digits, 9 more days to go :) Excited about phasing in some food and start my routine for the rest of the year. I only have about 4 weeks before I hit Mexico so I'll phase back to normal eating up to then. That way I should put to much back once I get there. Also I'll be running about 30 min a day on the beach when I get there so that will help, not to mention running all over the place.

Today was easy, this diet really gets easier once it becomes routine and habit. I barely crave food at all and if I do it's usually just a passing thought. I haven't had any real battle with the cravings in quite some time.

Ran for a mile today and walked for about another mile. Felt good but damn it was humid today. Got home and I could wring the sweat from my shirt.

That's about it. Just sitting at work with nothing much to do.

Dominikm
07-27-2007, 04:37 AM
Good stuff mate, keep going. Only 10 days left :)

jhf
07-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Well day 20 is over and I broke 205 pounds :)

Weight: 204.2 !!!

Very happy and I compared myself in the mirror to my starting and week 2 progress pics and I can definately notice a difference. Took some more off the waist too. about 3.5 inches so far... very happy.

Today was suppose to be weights day. Didn't feel like going at all but I went over there and found out there was a "scheduled" power outage and as such the gym was closed all day. Luckily I had driven there because I was going to get my oil changed after. So I drove back home and went for a run instead. Felt great. Ran for an extra minute. I think from now on I'm going to keep adding a minute each session. So I'm up to 12 minutes now. My legs can keep going unfortunately my lungs can't yet. I'm waiting for them to clear up... this has been the best motivation for quiting smoking. Threw away my pack today, poured water all over the cigs so I wouldn't be tempted to fish them out of the trash later. I know I could run for 2-3 miles straight if my lungs were clear. Pretty much the only thing I ever have regretted in my life was to start smoking... so stupid... anyways I should be on the right path now.

So tomorrow I get my cheat meal. My question though is would it be better to have it before lifting or after lifting and if it's neither, how far away from lifting should I eat?

If I can drop another 4 pounds and hit 199-200 by next sunday I'll be a happy camper. Be doing the happy dance all day!

Dominikm
07-27-2007, 11:10 PM
Well day 20 is over and I broke 205 pounds :)

Weight: 204.2 !!!

Very happy and I compared myself in the mirror to my starting and week 2 progress pics and I can definately notice a difference. Took some more off the waist too. about 3.5 inches so far... very happy.

Today was suppose to be weights day. Didn't feel like going at all but I went over there and found out there was a "scheduled" power outage and as such the gym was closed all day. Luckily I had driven there because I was going to get my oil changed after. So I drove back home and went for a run instead. Felt great. Ran for an extra minute. I think from now on I'm going to keep adding a minute each session. So I'm up to 12 minutes now. My legs can keep going unfortunately my lungs can't yet. I'm waiting for them to clear up... this has been the best motivation for quiting smoking. Threw away my pack today, poured water all over the cigs so I wouldn't be tempted to fish them out of the trash later. I know I could run for 2-3 miles straight if my lungs were clear. Pretty much the only thing I ever have regretted in my life was to start smoking... so stupid... anyways I should be on the right path now.

So tomorrow I get my cheat meal. My question though is would it be better to have it before lifting or after lifting and if it's neither, how far away from lifting should I eat?

If I can drop another 4 pounds and hit 199-200 by next sunday I'll be a happy camper. Be doing the happy dance all day!

congrates on the loss and the cigs!

Superchic
07-27-2007, 11:17 PM
have it after lifting....if you have a post workout shake have the meal about 30-60 min after that. Your post workout shake should be a whey shake not a blend so it goes straight to the muscle.

this is what I have learned anyways....

jhf
07-28-2007, 04:50 AM
Thank you T, unfortunately the man asked me to work this afternoon so I won't be able to lift today either.... boooo.Don't think it would be a good idea to lift when i've been up for 16 hrs and am ready for bed so....monday it will have to be.... was looking forward to it too :(

jhf
07-28-2007, 07:33 PM
3 weeks complete! Finally down the final stretch. Seems like it was just last week that I started this and now it's almost over. These last 21 days have just flown by.

Anyways, today went without a hitch. Didn't get a work out in because I went to sleep and 5 hrs later went back to work. Fun stuff. I did get my meal in this morning though. Had 3 eggs, a slice of tomato, slice of swiss cheese, wrapped up in a tortilla and a few grapes on the side. It actually sucked... heh was rather bland so I asked the waitress for some tobasco sauce and that was a mistake... Heh, I put way to much on... which made it really good on the way in but I woke up with my stomach killing me and it burned a bit on the way out.... To much information I know :D

Anyways, I will wake up tomorrow, go for a run, weigh in and take week 3 pictures and post em up under my bodyspace progress pictures section.

jhf
07-29-2007, 10:18 AM
Posted week 3 progress pics in the progress pics section of my bodyspace page. Can tell a big difference from starting pics and a slight difference from last weeks pics.

Weight is 204.4 so that's a total loss of 12.2 pounds so far.. pretty happy with the results.

SoopamehnX
07-29-2007, 01:24 PM
holy sh*t i just took a look at ur progress report and saw ur results pretty f'ning amazing man keep up the hard work

jhf
07-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it. This whole experience has been definately worth it for me. I am looking forward to phasing in some food next week though :)

jhf
07-29-2007, 07:05 PM
6 days left :D Woke up and went for a 13 min run and walked the rest of the way home for a total of about 25 min. This evening I went for a nice easy 40 min bike ride. Got all my shakes in. They are starting to taste a little more bland but I think that's because they didn't have my Rocky Road flavor so I had to go for Double Chocolate instead and it's just not quite as scrumptious as the Rocky Road and Cookies and Cream mix.

Posted my pics. It's funny when I posted my beginning pics I didn't realise how big my gut was but when I compared my latest pics to day 1 I realised how far I let myself slip. It's been a pretty amazing ride. I'm looking forward to how things will look at the beginning of september.

Cigs are another matter. It's been a rough road 10x harder than this velocity diet. The diet is a walk in the park. So I'm back at it with those, hopefully tomorrow will be day 1 for no smoking.

Superchic
07-29-2007, 07:42 PM
AWESOME progress!!!!

NOW lets talk about the cigs.....listen here mister....get that sh*t stopped i mean it!!!! Dang it!!!

Anyways, i'll send you my ideas for a transition diet and training by Wednesday if you want....

hitwomen
07-29-2007, 08:17 PM
good luck

-Aaron-
07-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Apparently it's now a sin to buy Syntrax products, any good slow digesting protein?

jhf
07-29-2007, 08:33 PM

and hitwoman, heh looks like you edited your post but I'll answer the question anyways to the best of my ability. When comming off the diet you want to increase your calories slowly otherwise there is a strong chance that you will put the weight back on. I think it has to do with bringing your metabolism back up to speed. For example the first week off, I'll probably have a bowl of oatmeal and some cottage cheese instead of my first shake. The next week I'll add another meal etc until I'm back to a normal eating schedule.

Can't sleep... grrrrr heh doesn't look like I'm gettin up at 530 to go lift:P

jhf
07-29-2007, 08:35 PM
I don't know anything about syntrax but I picked up MHP's Probolic SR a couple weeks ago. It's a protein mix of whey, casein and something else. To be honest I went through about 1/2 of it and just went back to my pure whey. It was too thick for my taste....and 2x the price... but when I remember I'll drink it as my last shake since the casein I guess takes longer to release into your system so you are feeding your muscles all night.

-Aaron-
07-29-2007, 08:39 PM
I don't know anything about syntrax but I picked up MHP's Probolic SR a couple weeks ago. It's a protein mix of whey, casein and something else. To be honest I went through about 1/2 of it and just went back to my pure whey. It was too thick for my taste....and 2x the price... but when I remember I'll drink it as my last shake since the casein I guess takes longer to release into your system so you are feeding your muscles all night.

I failed this diet before with pure whey... The Hunger Pangs where more than I could bare with.

jhf
07-29-2007, 08:41 PM
I would definately suggest looking into the protein powders with casein in it... It has the consistency of a milk shake... I probably just had a bad flavor and mebbe a bad brand but it was all the lil mom and pop health food store had. If I ever do this again I'm going to pre-order everything online. Much cheaper and better stuff.

jhf
07-30-2007, 12:01 AM
More than frustrated right now. My day tomorrow is shot. I couldn't sleep so I went down to the front desk of the hotel where I live and work at and the overnight girl is drunk and stoned. This is a girl, who if she's caught drinking or doping then she violates probation and gets sent to jail for a year. Incredibly smart girl, no friggin common sense. Anyways, it's obvious that she's in no condition to be working (she can barely sit in a chair, much less speak without slurring every word). So I send her home to sleep it off and am now working the overnight shift. Mind you, I've been up since 9:30 this morning and I have class at 7am tomorrow or today... however you look at it.

What's funny is I wasn't really as pissed off at the fact that I'm going to be half dead in class tomorrow morning as I was at the fact that I won't be hitting the gym at 6 am to lift. Especially since the gym was closed on saturday so I missed that lifting session as well. Dammit.... I'm hoping that after I crash after class I'll be able to wake up intime to get to the gym to lift tomorrow evening. And then be able to get to sleep at a decent time so I can get up to run before class on Tuesday.

When it rains it pours right? Bleh

jhf
07-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Well i guess that's another day done... after the whole fiasco of last night It doesn't really feel like a day since I slept from 10am to 5pm but I'll call it one just to keep it consistent. Hopefully I'll be able to get to bed in a few hours and get back on track sleep wise.

Nothing much to report... the diet has pretty much gone into auto pilot mode. It's all just habit now and there really haven't been any challenges to work through for a while now.

Woke up and ran for 14 minutes. Will lift tomorrow and do tues/thur/sat instead of mon/wed/fri this week. On wed I'm hoping for a 15 min run.

weighed in after my run at 203.8!

Still breaking through the barriers... pretty happy about that... I think it's a long shot but I might be able to get under 200 by sunday... that would be unbelievably awesome.

SoopamehnX
07-30-2007, 07:30 PM
wow 13lbs lost so far i think great job keep up the hard work. what diet will you be going on after V diet?

jhf
07-30-2007, 07:48 PM
I have a friend helpin me design a simple diet I can follow living in a hotel room so I'm not 100 percent sure yet. I know for the first week I'll probably add a bowl of oatmeal in the mornings, then the second week some cottage cheese at night, and go from there.. It's going to be a strict diet, pretty much the same thing day in and day out with possible minor substitutions like chicken instead of tuna, etc.... The one thing I really liked about the V diet was how strict and simple it was so I'm going to look for the same thing comming off and going into the future.

lose10kilos
07-30-2007, 08:52 PM
Well i guess that's another day done... after the whole fiasco of last night It doesn't really feel like a day since I slept from 10am to 5pm but I'll call it one just to keep it consistent. Hopefully I'll be able to get to bed in a few hours and get back on track sleep wise.

Nothing much to report... the diet has pretty much gone into auto pilot mode. It's all just habit now and there really haven't been any challenges to work through for a while now.

Woke up and ran for 14 minutes. Will lift tomorrow and do tues/thur/sat instead of mon/wed/fri this week. On wed I'm hoping for a 15 min run.

weighed in after my run at 203.8!

Still breaking through the barriers... pretty happy about that... I think it's a long shot but I might be able to get under 200 by sunday... that would be unbelievably awesome.

wow 13 pounds, that will inspire me to finish my 25 more days !! well done mate !

jhf
07-30-2007, 08:55 PM
You can do it :) Once it becomes habit it's not hard at all. It's just making it through the hard part where your body goes from switching from using carbs as it's main source of energy to fat. Once that happens you will have plenty of energy and it gets a lot easier to handle the cravings. By the third week you are on auto pilot and you'll find that having only x ammount of days to go makes it all the more easier.

jhf
07-31-2007, 06:12 PM
One more shake left to take in about an hour from now and the day is over so I figured It would be safe to call it. 4 more days to go... that's just so strange. I swear it hasn't been 4 weeks already... Damn the last month has flown by.

Got invited to a "chem's over party" next thursday and turned it down. 1) I'm 30 and the prospect of hanging out with underagers at a frat house isn't appealing at all. If it was at a bar sure I'd go and have some water or a diet coke or somethign. 2) I'm on such a roll right now I have no desire to eat ****ty food or drink any alchohol. So with all that it wasn't hard to turn down at all

Lifted weights this morning... my legs kill... I dunno if i over did it or what but my left quad is a bit painful walking up the stairs. I think it's cause finally I found the point where I should be lifting. I've been upping the weights each session and finally I had to struggle. Hopefully it's just a sore well worked muscle because I'm lookingforward to my run tomorrow morning.

Other than that nothing much, 4 days left till i slowly reintroduce food. To me that will be the true test of this diet. If I'm still losing weight by the end of August then I'll be a firm believer in the Velocity diet. I don't think I'll put the weight back on but you never know. Only time will tell. I have a good feeling though.

Hope I show more progress weighing in tomorrow after my run... I really really really want to see 199/200 by Sunday.

fkn_give_me_abs
07-31-2007, 10:52 PM
Hope I show more progress weighing in tomorrow after my run... I really really really want to see 199/200 by Sunday.

at the rate you're going bro i reckon you'll make it!!

awesome stuff, ALMOST THERE!!!

jhf
08-01-2007, 07:20 AM
After running this morning

weight: 202.4

That's all I have to say :D

Dominikm
08-01-2007, 07:24 AM
awsome, go hard son, crack that 200lb mark!

hitwomen
08-01-2007, 10:08 AM

thats great!!

lose10kilos
08-01-2007, 03:07 PM

welldone mate !

jhf
08-01-2007, 05:14 PM
Thanks for your support guys !

Anyways, bout to head to bed so it's time to call another day done.

Went for a 15 min run this morning and on Friday I will up it to 16 minutes. Went all day without buying a pack of smokes. Been a lil antsy and crawling in my skin all day but hey it's the price of stupidity. Very happy about the weigh in this morning 202.4 I believe it was... Mebbe I will crack 200. I'm going to post pics and final weigh in on Monday I think. I work overnights fri and sat this week so sunday will be a lil screwy. Monday if all goes well I'll get up early enough before class to go for my 17 min run and take pics and weight shortly after before heading off to school. Last week of school comming up.. another good thing! Ready for a month off before getting back into the swing of thigns. 2 more semesters till med school! yay!

Anyways, today was a lil tougher, partly because my body knows that it's 3 more days till I start to reintroduce food and partly because of no cigs. But it's only 3 days away so I'd be an utter idiot to entertain thoughts of weakness at this point.

Have a great night/morning all!

Superchic
08-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Awesome J Great job!!!!

Hope your family and everyone you know are okay from MN!!! My sis is good...know one I know got hurt I don't think. Let me know k??

Dominikm
08-02-2007, 03:12 AM
Awsome stuff, crack that 200lbs and make us proud!

jhf
08-02-2007, 07:16 AM
Hey T, Ya I called my mother and no one we know was near the bridge at the time... talk about some crazy stuff eh? I'm going to reroof her house in a couple weeks. Could have been me! wierd.....

jhf
08-02-2007, 06:48 PM
Ok, bout to head to bed and another day successfully completed. My friend T was kind enough to guide me along the way and developed the rest of my cutting diet. I won't go into specific details cause I don't have her permission yet but I can give the basics.

It's been slightly modified by me to accomidate what I can handle shopping and prep wise.

Day 1,2,3 my calories will be about 1663 just subbing out one meal.

Day 4,5,6,7 will be about 1813 calories subbing in more meals

Day 8-14 it will be about 1970 calories

And then from there on it will be about 2266 calories and on weights I'll have an extra 240 calories from a post work out shake.

I may cut the 8-14 a bit early and phase in the normal routine before day 15... I'll see when I get there.

Origional Plan was for 40/40/20
this works out to 43/31/24.... not sure where the extra 2% is. Fit day lost it! Heh... gonna try and tweak a lil bit to get closer to 40/40/20 but unless I hear otherwise from T I won't worry to much about it.

Now, I'm contemplating adding another week on to the V-Diet... mainly cause at this point it's easy and I have a **** ton of fish oil capsules left. Plus it's cheap, mindless, and incredibly portable. Haven't really decided yet but If I do that then I'll have 3-6 days on my normal diet before I go to Mexico so it times out quite nicely. Food for thought. If I do continue for an extra week I'm already planning my cheat meal on Thursday morning as I have a final then and I think a well balanced meal would be benificial.

After that I plan on having no cheats until Mexico. Think that about covers it... can't believe it's already thursday and there are only 2 days left in the 28.... damn time flies on this diet!

lose10kilos
08-02-2007, 08:03 PM
well done mate, cant wait to c ur final results !! goodluck with the rest of 2 days !

Superchic
08-02-2007, 10:11 PM
modifications for calls on days 1-14 is good. gets your body used to the increase in calories :)
your sooooo on your way!!! great job. 2 more days on V diet awesome. If you do the extra week, do not skip your cheat meal. FYI, for those cheat meals...they are good for your body, very good. there like the carb up meals for competition training... I had 1 every 3 days last prep...trainer specifically advised..DO NOT miss it, good for your body and helps you stay on track.

:) fun stuff!!!

Dominikm
08-03-2007, 05:46 AM
modifications for calls on days 1-14 is good. gets your body used to the increase in calories :)
your sooooo on your way!!! great job. 2 more days on V diet awesome. If you do the extra week, do not skip your cheat meal. FYI, for those cheat meals...they are good for your body, very good. there like the carb up meals for competition training... I had 1 every 3 days last prep...trainer specifically advised..DO NOT miss it, good for your body and helps you stay on track.

:) fun stuff!!!

x2

It's not a cheat meal, it's a refeed/carb up and it spike your matabolism big time...

I woudln't do an extra week on the v diet, pahse off now ay.

Good stuff...

Whats ur loss so far?

jhf
08-03-2007, 07:02 AM
Heh, might not be a "cheat" meal but I think I'll still call it one cause damn it it feels like I'm cheatin... heh...

So weight after run : 200.8
Waist 39.5 inch

rock on!

lose10kilos
08-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Heh, might not be a "cheat" meal but I think I'll still call it one cause damn it it feels like I'm cheatin... heh...

Waist 39.5 inch

rock on!

whoa mate nice ! only .8 pounds less and u reach ir goal of under 200 pounds!!!!

fkn_give_me_abs
08-03-2007, 04:32 PM

Waist 39.5 inch

rock on!

*prepares the "WELCOME TO UNDER 200 CLUB" banner*

good **** man!

jhf
08-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Thanks! Heh, it's been a while since i've been in the 190's probably a good year and and a half or so.. mebbe even 2. Looking forward to blowing by the 190's too. At least for the time being. Will be interesting where I end up when I get to the level I want muscle wise. But that's a good year to 2 years off so I won't worry about it to much now. First the fat, then the muscle, then the maintenance.

Well... 1 more day for the full 28 days. Wow. heh, today I went for a 16 minute run. Kicked my ass but felt good all the same. I think next time I will do 16 minutes again and then move up to 17. We'll see how it goes while I'm running.

Shakes went fine. The last couple of days I've noticed the hunger starting to creep back. I'm not sure if it's because subconsciously I know the end of the diet is near or if it's that my schedule has been thrown off a day this week. It's much easier controlling the hunger knowing the end is so near. Although if you think about it it's still a good couple weeks before I'm eating normal again.

Still pondering taking this another week. Partly to F with myself because of the hunger issues the last couple of days and partly because I've seen really good results this week that it's tempting to roll with it. Not really sure yet will decide on Sunday. Either go to the store and buy some cottage cheese or not.

I will say this though, I'm looking forward to force feeding myself cottage cheese and learning to love it. I swear it's some wierd substance from another planet.

Anyways, 200.8 so it looks like I've pretty much made my goal. Will go to Perkins tomorrow for my cheat meal and that might offset things a bit for Sunday. Regardless of the final weigh in on Monday I've been very happy with this diet.

Superchic
08-03-2007, 09:15 PM
personally I think you should start to taper into the real food again. The V diet is not meant to be a continuous diet that's when its not so healthy.
***hehehe, you say it'll be a few more weeks until you eat "normal" again...."normal" is gone. ...i'm just coming to terms with this idea. normal is what the 90 some percent of others do that are overweight and unhealthy in this world...now you are the minority..you are going to be healthy ...thus normal eating, isn't an option to go back to. Welcome to this new healthy lifestyle change, I'll welcome you with open arms!!!! hehehehe.....

(FYI, bought my fitness model outfit and swimsuit...takin' pics and learning posing tomorrow from friend who used to model professionally. :) fun stuff)

jhf
08-03-2007, 09:35 PM
Oh sure, go ahead and make total sense! Hehehe, I was thinkin about it before I go to work and essentially week one off the diet will be like the diet since I'm only subbing one meal with the soft protein.

I can't wait to see the pics..... If there was some humanly possible way I'd make it to your show... lol, love being a student but sick of the being broke part of the equation. Oh well It's only 6 more years of being broke... not to bad right? hehehehe

jhf
08-04-2007, 06:36 AM
Well considering that I'll be heading to bed in a few hours day 28 is for the most part over. I won't make it official until I'm sittin at work tonight but I'm feeling pretty good.

I do still have this gut which is unfortunate but if I remember correctly it won't completely flatten out until I hit 190 or so so I still have a few weeks to go.

Still expecting a decent weight loss this week as I'm only substituting one meal and the numbers on that are pretty damn close to a shake. Just wanna let the ol stomach ease into solid foods.

I'll do a more proper write up tonight and on Sunday or Monday, which ever day I do my final V-diet weigh in and measurements on. Having my overnight shifts put off a day screwed things up a bit so Monday might be a better day.

After reading the last few entries on Dom's log I'm tempted to put off posting pics for a good week or 3! Although, since photography is my hobby and I have a couple digital cameras I can't really use the same excuse... heh. I promise Sunday or Monday they will be up. Most likely Monday.

Gonna be sad to see this diet go. I really enjoyed it.

Last note, had my "cheat" meal this morning. Steak Fajita Wrap sans the sour cream and a salad sans the crutons. It was yummy but my stomachs gotten smaller. I should have stopped after half of it and it was a smaller wrap to begin with... No way I could manage a Moe's wrap...

jhf
08-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Well.... that's it... heh a bit anti climatic if you ask me. Lol, I celebrated with a glass of spicy V-8 juice from the bottle that's been sitting on my table during the entire Velocity Diet.

So now we go into the transition phase. For this next week it will be pretty much the same as the Velocity Diet except my last meal will be a cup of cottage cheese. I think... I'm at work right now and my plan is upstairs on my personal computer.

Mini Write up:
It definately works, however the true test will be whether or not I'm still makeing progress several weeks from now.

Energy: I didn't have any problems with energy the entire process. The first few days were a little bit rough but after that mentally and physically I was fine. To prove it I've got the highest marks in my Chem class and I'm running farther and lifting more weights than I have in years.

The Watch: The single most helpful thing I had on this entire diet. Get a good athletic watch. I used it to monitor laps while running but more importantly I set the timer on repeat every 3 hours and when it went off it was time for another shake.

The Blender: There is no way in hell I'd do this diet without it. I picked up the Magic Bullet "As seen on TV" from walmart and it's god's gift to kitchen appliances. I have it sitting next to me at work right now. No extra cups needed, you just drink out of the one provided by the blending gods and use it.

The Shakes: Stay away from strawberry. It might taste like the sweet suculent nectar of the gods with milk but it tastes like the devils piss with water. I forced myself through a week of drinking the crap just cause I had it left over. Stick with the Chocolate flavors. My personal favorite was a scoop of cookies n' cream and rocky road. Use a few cubes of ice and they really are good. I've been on em for 28 days and I'm still not sick of it.

Fat Burners: I'm still skeptical on the whole issue of fat burners. To me it seems they do most their work by cutting the appetite. However, for that reason you should use them. Especially in the beginning week. I did for the first week and then stopped taking them. I didn't like what they were doing to my body and they completely F'd up my cardio. I like to be able to run without feeling like my hearts going to explode.

Flax Seed: Buy the most ground up flax you can get and then grind it some more! If I was rich I would have purchased a nice coffee grinder with multiple settings on it to grind the flax at the finest setting. The flax seed seperates and floats to the bottom so you are almost always taking a nice big gulp of flax at the end. Nothing horrible just a pet peeve of mine. Now I used whey so the shakes were much thinner. I did notice that using a protein mix with casein in it it was thick enough so the flax just sat their suspended in it's lil protein bath.

Whey vs The expensive stuff: I live in a small town and all that was available to me was $20 tubs of whey in multiple flavors or $45 tub of vanilla protein with casein/whey/and something else in it. I tried out the vanilla but I didn't care for it and it was to expensive for me to use it at every meal. I started using it as the last shake of the day but to be honest, in the end, I still have 1/4 tub of the crap left. I just stopped using it.

The Scale and The Tape: I weighed myself after every Cardio session. I would wake up, go for a run and weigh myself and then have my shake. The reasoning being that hopefully, water weight would play as little role as possible and I would get more consistent readings. I think that by looking on my bodyspace it's fairly evident it worked out. You can definately tell where the water weight was comming off in the beginning and how the weight loss progressed throughout. For the tape, I tried to do it every Sunday after the pictures. There was a point where I wasn't losing but the tape showed progress so I didn't get bummed out. Buy a good measurering tape. I just got one at walmart that has a doohicky on it so one end snaps onto the other and you just slide the tape through. Makes no sense but I can get a good taking self measurements with it. Just check out the sewing section at your local walmart and you will see what I mean. If I were to do this again I would fork over the money for the school's bodpod BF tester to get scientifically accurate results at the beginning at the end but that's for another day.

PWO Shake: The first one I had a fruit smoothie but the guilt associated with it was to much. Calorie wise I made sure it was the same as my protien shakes and nutrition wise it couldn't be topped and the carbs were optimal but it just seemed wrong. I ended up adding 1/4 cup of oats to my shakes and left it at that. It's interesting...... heh

Things to do differently: Preorder everything on the internet. Heh I started this on a 1 day notice. Next time I will be more prepared and buy everything on line. Cheaper and better quality products. Plus I'd like to give that Surge a try. Add a glass of Spicey V-8 juice... just cause it's damn tastey, it's 50 cals, and it's really good for you.

I know there are other points I have thought of over the past few days that aren't comming to me so if they grace their presence on me at some point in the future I'll Add the after the lil ** line following.
See 30 seconds after post and I remember something
Progress Pics: Take them once a week. Looking in the mirror everyday it's hard to see the progress but when you see week to week pics of yourself side by side it can be pretty amazing and motivating.

hitwomen
08-05-2007, 08:35 AM
this is when everything gets interesting.

jhf
08-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Interesting is putting it lightly..... Just had my first bowl of cottage cheese and ... ya.... The first half wasn't bad and I was thinking to myself hey I actually don't mind this stuff...the last half I was gagging down. But got it all down. I've adopted the mentality that it doesn't have to be something I enjoy it's fuel for my body. Hey, it helps a little :D

So other than the cottage cheese it was a good day. Got off work and I was feeling pretty good so I went for a run. Perfect running conditions. Little to no breeze, foggy, with a slight mist in the air. The origional plan was to duplicate my last 16 minute run before upping it to 17 min. Well I blew both 16 and 17 out of the water. 18, 19, and 20 went by the wayside too. I ran 20 min 40 seconds. I could have gone farther but it was the end of the 2 mile loop which was my goal all along. Felt absolutely fantastic! Heh, I think it can be attributed to running after having pretty much a full day of nutrition behind me and being hydrated but we will see in the morning. I'm going to go for my last fasted cardio session before my end V-Diet weigh in.

After that I will change to weighing 1x a week. Right now I'm more concerned with building up stamina and lowering bodyfat. The scale number is the least important. My new performance goal is doing that 2mile loop in 16 minutes. Eventually 14 would be nice but I think I can work my way up to an 8 minute mile.

As long as I keep progressing with the runs and the weights and keep my nutrition up to par the rest should take care of itself.

I'm expecting my weight to go up a few pounds as I start phasing in food but hopefully I can get down to between 190-195 by the end of August. I have a feeling it's going to be closer to 195.

Also saw the Bourne Ultimatum today.... it was awesome!

So to sum it up
Ran 20min 40 secs in the am
Biked 45 minutes in the pm (to many bugs - going earlier next time)
Ate my cottage cheese and tbs of peanut butter
Saw a kick ass movie
Didn't study chem :(

FrostFox
08-06-2007, 12:39 AM
Interesting is putting it lightly..... Just had my first bowl of cottage cheese and ... ya.... The first half wasn't bad and I was thinking to myself hey I actually don't mind this stuff...the last half I was gagging down. But got it all down. I've adopted the mentality that it doesn't have to be something I enjoy it's fuel for my body. Hey, it helps a little :D

So other than the cottage cheese it was a good day. Got off work and I was feeling pretty good so I went for a run. Perfect running conditions. Little to no breeze, foggy, with a slight mist in the air. The origional plan was to duplicate my last 16 minute run before upping it to 17 min. Well I blew both 16 and 17 out of the water. 18, 19, and 20 went by the wayside too. I ran 20 min 40 seconds. I could have gone farther but it was the end of the 2 mile loop which was my goal all along. Felt absolutely fantastic! Heh, I think it can be attributed to running after having pretty much a full day of nutrition behind me and being hydrated but we will see in the morning. I'm going to go for my last fasted cardio session before my end V-Diet weigh in.

After that I will change to weighing 1x a week. Right now I'm more concerned with building up stamina and lowering bodyfat. The scale number is the least important. My new performance goal is doing that 2mile loop in 16 minutes. Eventually 14 would be nice but I think I can work my way up to an 8 minute mile.

As long as I keep progressing with the runs and the weights and keep my nutrition up to par the rest should take care of itself.

I'm expecting my weight to go up a few pounds as I start phasing in food but hopefully I can get down to between 190-195 by the end of August. I have a feeling it's going to be closer to 195.

Also saw the Bourne Ultimatum today.... it was awesome!

So to sum it up
Ran 20min 40 secs in the am
Biked 45 minutes in the pm (to many bugs - going earlier next time)
Ate my cottage cheese and tbs of peanut butter
Saw a kick ass movie
Didn't study chem :(

Mad reps on finishing the velocity diet. Great journal! And chemistry sucks :)

jhf
08-06-2007, 05:35 AM
Thanks, it was a worthwhile experience

Starting Weight 216.6
Week 1 Weight 207.8
Week 2 Weight 207.4
Week 3 Weight 204.4
Week 4 Weight 200.6
Total Weight loss 16 pounds

Waist
Start 43 inches
Week 1 about 42 inches
Week 2 41 inches
Week 3 40 inches
Week 4 39.25 inches
Total 3.75 inches

So there ya go 16 pounds lost and 3.75 inches lost around the waist

I posted the pics on my bodyspace. I can barely tell a difference between last weeks and this weeks pics. About all I can see is the skin tightening up a bit.. moobs are a tad bit smaller.

Dominikm
08-06-2007, 06:07 AM
oh no... u didn't crack the 200lb club... ahwell... u did a awsome job though keep going and u will get right down there and be ripped in no time :)

jhf
08-06-2007, 08:41 AM
Here is the starting pic and weeks 1-4
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com//img/user_images/11262181/progresspic/184462orig.jpg
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com//img/user_images/11262181/progresspic/184502orig.jpg

jhf
08-06-2007, 08:52 AM
Finally figured out how to imbed pictures.... heh, kinda disturbing but there is no sense in having any shame :) Hope I didn't blind anyone!

FrostFox
08-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah, I like how the diet gave you a bunch of triangles on your right arm. :)

I have to say it's a huge difference. Wow! You're on your way now. I'm seriously considering the velocity diet now... what can I say, I'm a sucker for quick fixes.

jhf
08-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Lol, the first two pictures were shot in a mirror so it's actually my left side, then I got a tripod for better accuracy in picture so now they are my right side. Lighting still sucks.. Might go to Lowe's sometime soon to buy some lighting and rig up a mini studio sometime in the future.

Give it a shot. I've found that comming off the V-Diet my resolve to change my eating and lifestyle habits has only grown stronger. It's a great jump start for a person who was eating like crap and completely inactive like I was before.

Went from barely being able to run .5 miles at the start to now 2 miles and its only made me want to go farther and faster... I love it!

jhf
08-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Transformation Day 2

This morning I went for another 2 mile run and shaved off about 30 seconds. Yay me... what was cool was it was on an empty stomach right after I woke up so Sunday was not a fluke.

So went for the run, weighed in, took pictures, measured etc... stiched the pictures together and figured out how to put em in a forum post.... busy morning! And that was before Chem class....

Right now I'm attempting to down another cup of cottage cheese before I turn in early for the night. Last night I tried a cup of cottage cheese with a tbs of peanutbutter mixed in. Ugh... not so great... might be better with more pb but I am only allotted 1 tsp. So tonight I say well, I'm going to bed early so I'll mix my protein with the cottage cheese and call it a night. 2 Scoops of double chocolate whey, 1 tbs of pb, and a cup of cottage cheese later...... it's better than last night... no gagging yet but it's definately not a winner..... could be that I'm not to fond of the double chocolate whey. Might be better with cookies and cream but the store was out :(

So if anyone has any suggestions for the cottage cheese lemme know...

That's about it for now. Have a good night everyone.

Superchic
08-06-2007, 06:54 PM
you mean Tablespoon or teaspoon of PB?

There is dry curd cottage cheese. never had it but Zack loves it...might want to try that....

jhf
08-07-2007, 04:43 AM
tablespoon of pb. Unfortunately, Hivee only has 1 type of fatfree cottage cheese. The healthy choice stuff... gonna check walmart today though cause my water jug developed a leak :( Also I have some boxes of sugarfree jellow and pudding around so I'm going to give that a shot. I've seen a couple recipe's calling for a tablespoon of that stuff and a couple packets of splenda so mebbe that will do the trick.

jhf
08-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Well, here I sit again with the cottage cheese. Heh, it's not that bad with some white pepper. But the same thing as day 1... first half I don't mind at all... the last half gets a lil trying... but definately getting better to stomach so there might be hope after all. Took the day off activity wise... Final in chem on thursday. I think I'll go running tomorrow morning when I wake up though... felt like something was missing out of my day today. Gonna see how much I went up on the scale too. Other than that same ol same ol nothing much to see here.

jhf
08-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Cottage cheese update: Much better! Heh, I've figured out that I don't mind cottage cheese at all when it's fresh out of the fridge. The problem begins when the stuff starts warming in the bowl... heh. Anyways I'm sticking with the white pepper. No gagging at all on that last bowl... yay! Now if I can only get myself to like fish I'll be all set.

Fitness wise today was not so good. The nutrition was there but I overslept this morning so no run and no weigh in. Been putting in to much time studying for the final tomorrow morning. Needless to say, I'll be up all night studying for it too so tomorrow I'll take the test, go to sleep, and then get up for a nice 2 mile run and weigh in again. I have been noticing though that my average weight during the days has been lower and the bf reading on my scale has continued to trend down nicely.

AntonBachuk
08-08-2007, 11:46 PM
so i am new at the the forums but i read through the whole 6 pages just now and want to congradulate you on the great success, defenetly a lot of respect goes out to someone who went through so much work, calculations and determination towards their goal, 16 pounds in 28 days is great, but it made me think and now i want to try it, but i want to try it with out following any diet but my own, ill do what i think would get me to loose 16 lb and if it works ill write about it if i dont which is most likely happen ill still update you on the outcome, good luck and stay strong brother, its a tough battle....building your body is not a diet...its a life style.

jhf
08-09-2007, 12:18 AM
Good luck with your endeavors. You are right, what you should be striving for is a lifestyle not just a diet. I chose to do the diet because I was eating crap and inactive before hand and it occurred to me that this diet might be a good launching point for that lifestyle.

I highly encourage you to start up a log, whether you are ultimately successful or not. It helps to keep you motivated, and the encouragement and advice from others are incredibly helpful.

Good luck and I hope you find the results you are looking for!

FrostFox
08-09-2007, 04:07 AM
white pepper with cottage cheese eh... I will have to try that.

Have you been able to keep the weight off during your transition? I imagine the water weight (~3lbs) would come back right away, but what about the rest?

jhf
08-09-2007, 04:24 AM
I think so, I haven't weighed in under the same circumstances as I did during the diet (running first thing in the morning before any meals) but I've noticed that my weight during the days has stayed the same if not lowered a bit. But I haven't added any carbs yet either, that comes on Sunday so I'm sure I'll see a slight gain next week.

jhf
08-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Weight 202

So not to bad but as I've mentioned before the carbs start comming in on Sunday so we'll see what happens then. Also ran another 2 miles today. Felt great and I shaved off 30 seconds or so on my run.... 2 miles in 19.30 ish. Don't have my watch infront of me for the exact number. And the BF keeps trending down on my scale so overall I'm still very pleased.

Day 5 is now over, kinda..... slept after I took my final and woke up around 5pm and now I have to go to work... heh, overnights make things all screwy.

jhf
08-10-2007, 09:16 PM
No cottage cheese today! :) Had my cheat meal instead. Same as the last 3 fajita steak wrap no sour cream and a small salad with balsamic vinegerette. Other than that nothing really going on. I think I'm in school withdrawal. I have absolutely no idea what to do with my days!

Anyways for the last 2 days I've been in a bit of a funk and I need to find someway to snap out of it. Grrrrrr

Took my hip, waist, and chest measurements and I'm down on all 3 so that made me smile tonight.

Little note to everyone. I'm enjoying reading all yer journals. Keep up the good work... I just hate posting one line congradulations over and over, I feel as if I'm a broken record. But I am an avid reader of pretty much everyone's log. It's good to see so much success going around!

jhf
08-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Well, I can't believe it's been a week since I've been off the diet. This last week made it seem like I was still on the diet though because the only difference was adding a bowl of cottage cheese at the end of the day. Speaking of the cottage cheese, some how I missed mine yesterday. I'll attribute it to working overnights, heh.

So I guess that means when I wake up tomorrow I'll be having a bowl of oatmeal in the morning. I am soooooooo looking forward to that. Yum! Overall I've put on a bout a pound but lost more around the waist, hips, and chest! I'm attributing it to water weight because with my chem final my activity was a little lacking this week.

Still managed to go for a 2 mile run today. Was feeling bleh and so I went out for a run and afterwards I felt fabulous.

This next week will be interesting. I'm going to visit the family on Monday and Tuesday. Going to bring my blender and protein powder with me as well as the oatmeal. Instead of the cottage cheese I'll be having a small portion of whatever they will be serving for dinner. I'm hoping my mother cooks something healthy. I know my fathers place will be healthy. Both places will probably be ok except mebbe a slight over load on carbs but I'll manage.

mmmm oatmeal. Also picked up some garlic pepper seasoning to try out with my cottage cheese... sounds yummy hopefully it will be will find out at the end of my shift :D

AntonBachuk
08-12-2007, 12:43 AM
cant wait for the day whe i feel like you lol

jhf
08-13-2007, 05:41 AM
Day 8 is over... I feel like I'm missing a day but I think it's right. Yesterday wet without a hitch. Tried the cottage cheese with some garlic/pepper seasoning. Wasn't the greatest. A little overpowering on the garlic side. Ran another 2 miles and that's about it. This morning I had my oatmeal... mmmm was so yummy. Anyways off to see the fam for 2 days. Have a good one!

Dominikm
08-13-2007, 06:11 AM
IMO mate you have done your pahse off, start your normal cutting diet. I went right into a 3 meals a day/ 3 sahkes a day cutting plan I still lost weight. Only reason I still have 2 shakes now is that I don't get paid for 2 more days and then it's right into my 2500 cals cutting plan. You literally need like 5 days or so to get back to normal ay...

Good job with the diet but I say it's time to get back to normal, that my my honest opinoion.

jhf
08-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Heh, I know I could have done it quicker but I wanted to take it extra slow over 14 days just to squeeze every last drop of it as I could. :D And it seems to be working.

Dominikm
08-14-2007, 05:06 AM
Fair enough, bet your looking forward to getting back to normal though ay.

Superchic
08-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the comments on the pics J. I've been playing mind games since wondering if I'll be ready for my last two shows...need to be leaner and tighter...working on it.

How have you been? Hows the dieting...are you making the transition to whole foods...you should really get that completed soon you've been transitioning slow enough. hows the quitting smoking going?

Keep me updated !!!!

jhf
08-15-2007, 11:51 PM
Well, I have been making a fabulous transition into solid foods. Heh, I was worried I'd put on a pound or two from the last two days but as luck would have it, I was diligent and strict in my food choices and am now.... under 200 lbs! Lol, I woke up and just stepped on the scale this evening before work and it read 199.6... i checked it 3 times cause i didn't believe it! Yay!

Yesterday we went to IHOP where I had a grilled chicken ceaser salad with dressing on the side, a protein shake or two, and for dinner roast pork on the grill, slices of tomato with some kind of cheese on em and balsamic vinegrette. This morning, had oatmeal with some blue berries, another shake and since I don't have food at home yet I'm having shakes on the overnight shift.

When they broke out the truffles for desert I said no thanks! Heh, wasn't even really tempted. Also turned down chips and salsa, well I had one chip cause it was home made salsa and my dad wanted me to try it. Anyways a fabulous success. My sis gave me **** for my eating habits but said she was proud of me... heh yay sis... anyways very good 2 days.

I did have a few drinks of diet pepsi and bourbon and a couple glasses of wine but since it's been months and months since I drank I didn't feel bad about that at all.

Quitting smoking is good! not perfect but much better than I expected.

And Tosh, I gotta say once again you look fabulous in your show pics... truly inspirational :)

That's about it, gonna kick it into high gear here for the next 2 weeks. Adding an EC stack and gonna bust some serious ass running and in the gym... !

FrostFox
08-16-2007, 01:52 AM
Congrats on breaking 200! Celebrate by eating a whey cookie or something ;)

sumisan
08-16-2007, 06:34 AM
WTG on the loss and getting into onederland :D You did an awesome job on the V diet, I am on day 3!

Pierre-Marc
08-16-2007, 09:49 PM
One thing i'd like to know is bodyfat measurements. Seems a little confusing in your first few posts. You wrote you started at 216.6lbs and 26.2% bf and after 8 days, you were at 207.2 and 26.4%bf a few days after 27%. At first it really looked like you were lossing muscles. Could you give us a reading of your current bodyfat? Just to make sure you didnt lose any muscle on this diet.

jhf
08-16-2007, 10:43 PM
You have to keep in mind I'm using a body fat scale. So the first few measurements were the first couple of times I stepped on it. After I realised how inaccurate they were I started taking them less frequently just to get a general idea of the trend. I'm pretty sure if i did lose any muscle it was a minimal amount as my lifts never diminished and kept getting stronger. Hope that clears that up. After the first few measurements I started to only take measurements after my morning runs so it gets to be a bit more consistent.

Sumi, I've been keeping up with your log, heh, I lurk alot there are so many started now that it's hard to keep up with the posts but I try to read them all. Nice work so far!

So another day done... I kinda lost track of the transition days but I don't think it's as important anymore. I'm on a fairly normal plan now. Today was tough. Well, tonight was anyways. I kept having the strongest urge to go out and buy crappy food. I kept it under control but damn I didn't like the feeling at all. Going to go for a run tomorrow and then I'll update the weight after that.

Pierre-Marc
08-16-2007, 10:52 PM
Grats on the weight loss btw. I just wanted to clarify this as I guess its the most important factor in weight loss, and to make sure people do not diet for nothing or do it the wrong way. I will start this diet at the begining of january since I'll be laid off from work for 2 months. It'll be easier since I work as a cook in a five star hotel and food is everywhere... I have lost 40 pounds last year and gained quite a bit of muscle mass since then, as well as some fat back... Bodyfat went from 25% to 9-10% back to 12-13% and in january, the big plan is to go from 12-13% to 7-8%.

Thanks for the inspiration.

My stats
Meso-endo
5'10ft
178 12.5% bf

jhf
08-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Weight 198.6 !!!
Bodyfat 21.8 !!!

Just because the last poster made me curious I worked out the numbers earlier and if the BF scale was 100% accurate which we all know it's not I've definitely lost a lot of fat and gained 2-3 pounds of muscle. I'm sure in reality I haven't lost as much fat and haven't put on as much muscle but I'm tickled pink with the results and they keep coming in:)

Also took some measurements and they are down across the board as well... So happy times all around.

Today went well... Went for a run and shaved some more time off my 2 mile run at 19.20 now. I would have went farther today but I had to pee really bad by the end of the run but it felt good to know I could have gone a lot farther.

Looking forward to getting to Mexico under 195 pounds I think it's definitely doable now. I just hope Hurricane Dean doesn't F things up for me... heh.

It's so cool, I pulled out some t-shirts I haven't been able to wear because they were to tight and they all fit nice and comfortable now. So all is good. I can't even wear any of my pants without a belt... I'd go clothes shopping but A) I don't want to spend any money with tuition payment and Mexico coming up and B) I want to wait until I'm at my end goal so the new clothes don't become to loose.

Very much looking forward to seeing where I am in December!

Superchic
08-18-2007, 04:29 AM
What meal plan/training are you following now? Are you lifting? Just curious as to what you are doing?

jhf
08-18-2007, 04:39 AM
I'm pretty much on the plan you laid out for me. I haven't done much with the weights. The last week of classes and then being out of town put a damper on that but I've started to design around the suggestions you gave me. I'll fire off an email to ya when I have it complete and see what you think... Heh I can't thank you enough T! You rock....

btw... you see that damn hurricane down in the carribean? I hope it doesn't screw up my mexico trip...lol

Superchic
08-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Well I don't want to take soo much credit that you are giving me. i just put some stuff together that I had and used my old diet plans....not a miracle thats for sure.

glad everything is working out for you!!! I'm so happy that you are getting it done and the quitting smoking thing!!! yeah buddy!!!

You'll be on your way to mexico and the hurricane won't bother ya, problem solved!!!

jhf
08-19-2007, 01:17 AM
Another fine day although the urges to go out and just get food was strong today. I think it has to do with introducing more carbs in the diet. Not to hard to get rid of though. I just step on the scale or look in the mirror and all thoughts of faltering go away. Going to start updating less as things are becoming more and more routine. I'll still post weekly pics and measurements because it's fun to see the changes over time.

Superchic
08-19-2007, 04:16 AM
Also your metabolism is picking up because you are introducing whole foods. This is awesome you should keep seeing quitea few results...may have to up your cals a lil bit eventually...we shall see. but your metabolism is in overdrive from the food yeah!!!

jhf
08-20-2007, 10:42 PM
Back to 199!

Heh, not to worried, didn't do fasted cardio today, it was after a bowl of oatmeal. I actually was going to skip the cardio all together because I woke up around 7pm and was just feeling bleh. Anyways around 9pm I said f it i need to get out and about so I went for a 2 mile run. 19 minutes... shaved another 20 seconds off!

I don't know what it is about running outside but I absolutely love it. There is a certain meditational quality about it and afterwards I always feel 10x better.

I just have to figure out why it is that every time I go running I have to pee. It doesn't matter if I take a piss 5 seconds before running, by the end of the run there it is again! hehehe

Also started my EC stack well just the E today I couldn't find my caffeine capsules. Pretty wired... I think I have about enough Ephedrine to last me 2 weeks.

ZMN
08-23-2007, 09:27 AM
Also your metabolism is picking up because you are introducing whole foods. This is awesome you should keep seeing quitea few results...may have to up your cals a lil bit eventually...we shall see. but your metabolism is in overdrive from the food yeah!!!

oh schizzle, iQuad in the hizzle

jhf
08-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Yay! Weight before going 196.4 so I'm very happy with how I've done during the summer.

Just got back from shopping Sioux Falls. I am now the proud owner of a pair of fins, snorkle, mask, gloves and scuba booties! Heh, going to get my scuba certification while I'm there and I am very excited about it!

I really wouldn't be suprised if I came back from Mexico weighing the same if not losing a few pounds. For the most part even though it's sinfully delicious the food is really healthy down there. So with that as well as the fact that we are going to be running a couple miles a day, swimming a lot, hiking all over the place, and scuba diving I think I'll maintain my weight if not lose a bit. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Even if I gain a few pounds I won't be upset by it at all.

The best part of the day today though was going clothes shopping. It's amazing the deals you can get on summer clothes this time of year. But it's not the savings that made me grin, it was fitting into clothes that before would have been way to tight and actually looking good in them. Also noticing more and more looks from the opposite gender totally made my day. It's sad but it's amazing the direct relation between peoples attitudes towards you and your weight.

Anyways, I'll be back in a lil over a week! Have fun everyone I know I will be!!!

jhf
09-09-2007, 06:28 PM
Yay, back from Mexico. It was an awesome trip. Learned how to scuba dive, bummed around, caught crocodiles, ate awesome food... all around an awesome time.

Weighed myself yesterday and it was 198.8 and that wasn't after working out or anything so I've gained 1-2 pounds not to shabby at all.

The last two days down there I caught a nasty cold so I'm going to give it a few days before I go back to things full swing. But after that there is no looking back.

My new goals are
1-To be in rock climbing shape by next January.
2-185 by October 23, my birthday :) roughly 2 pounds a week.
3-Run 4 continuous miles.

FrostFox
09-09-2007, 11:23 PM
2 pounds a week is tough when you've got little to lose... good luck! :)

Superchic
09-16-2007, 05:44 AM
Did I miss something.??? Where are you?

jhf
09-22-2007, 12:49 PM
Hey Tosh, Heh I'm still here been battleing this nasty cold and finally have it licked. How did yer competition go today???

Ok, So it's been well over a month since I've gone off the velocity diet and my weight it 197.6. That's without having done any excersize today. I say that becuase during the Velocity diet I would always take my weight after my morning cardio session to limit the effects of water weight on my weigh ins.

As I mentioned, I've had this lingering cold that just wouldn't go away so for most of september I really haven't done squat excersise wise. Well, I'm finally feeling good. So it's time to pick things back up.

I'm going to give the v-diet another round. I'm already anticipating several objections to this but after much thought there are a couple of reasons why I chose this route.

The biggest reason is money. I'm extreemly limited on funds as this is the first semester where I've had to pay for tuition completely out of my own pocket and I have a tuition payment comming up in the first week of October. It might sound wierd but it's cheaper for me to do the velocity diet living out of a hotel room than it is to eat healthy.

The second reason is because I enjoyed it so much the first round.

The third reason, I enjoyed the challenge of it and want to put myself through it again.

The fourth reason, results, I got stronger and leaner.

So, tomorrow morning when I get off work will be round 2 of the velocity diet. After work, I'll go for a run, weigh in, and take starting pics.

:D

Super Scoop
09-22-2007, 03:59 PM
I am on day 18 of my Velocity Diet, and I have gone from about 220 to 205. I have been stuck on 205 for about 5 days. I have tried to up the workouts but also have added creatine, as you may have read on another post. That may have added 2-3 lbs of water or at least I will tell myself.

I am having my cheat meal tonight, can't wait as it will be eggs, which also have protein. I try to not go overboard and still center my cheat meal around protein.

I guess my question is this, have any of you gotten "stuck" or hit a plateau when doing the Velocity Diet or High Protein Diet?? Just curious. Any hints to drop more weight, beside just stick to it???

Thanks and wish you all success. Go Ravens!!

jhf
09-22-2007, 04:46 PM
I definitely hit a couple of mini plateaus. Just keep with it and you will continue your drop :) nice work on 18 days, it's all down hill... heh I'm not looking forward to these first couple of days.... ugh... lol

Dominikm
09-22-2007, 06:51 PM
When I hit a plateau for a week one my vdiet (round 1) I stopped all intensive/moderate) cardio and just did walking...

I'm on day 7 of round 2 now and all i've been doing is lifting and walkign to and from work + using my lunch break to go for a 25min walk in the city and it's working wonders... I've dropped over 15lbs in the first week and my lifts have gone up :D

Super Scoop
09-23-2007, 09:40 AM
Thanks guys!! I appreciate your feedback and support. When times get tough I check out these forums and it helps.

Good luck to everyone, keep the faith, and keep going. Quitting is for the weak. As I tell my teams, Suck it up and keep going. Time to take my own advice.

Great job Dominikm!!!! That is an awesome job!!

jhf
09-23-2007, 09:35 PM
Went ok, a lil tough but I managed. I was called into work so no running or pictures. This week is going to be hectic, I have an organic chem test, lab report, physics test to prepare for etc so it will be interesting to see how I can fit in my cardio and weights.

Time to write up that fabulous lab report... booooo

jhf
09-25-2007, 04:13 PM
So I didn't get a chance to write in yesterday so I'm making up for it today. Yesterday was horrible, heh was tempted so many times to go grab something to eat but I'm proud of myself I stopped myself each time at the door and said what the hell are you thinking, turned around and went back to studying. I have realised that I am an anxiety eater, heh whenever I get stricken by anxiety the cravings come rushing in.... So after tomorrow things hopefully will be a bit better when my chem test is done. Anyways today was much easier, it's not over yet but close enough.

weight this morning 196.2

jhf
09-26-2007, 08:39 PM
Well, almost failed today... the whole stress with the test thing came full swing and I almost fell down with it... It's definately tougher for me this time round... But I shall persevere... did it once, no reason not to succeed a second time.

Hopefully things will slow down a bit this next week...

The unfortunate thing is that I'm running out of my good protein powder and all I have left is a tub of the strawberry crap. Ugh... just have to make it a week and a half before payday and I can go back to the good stuff but it's going to be a rough few days when I have to crack open the strawberry, heh... Have a good night all.

Superchic
09-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Keep it up J.

i'm having a rough time myself....not screwing up or anything but my mind is all messed up. ups and downs...have to increase cals and my goal is to maintain instead of lose which is a first ever for me...hard to wrap my head around it.

uggg...the thought of adding cals is rouhg...i'm so afraid of gaining....

anyways, stay strong.

jhf
09-27-2007, 10:19 PM
Hey T, Heh, I never thought that comming off of a routine like you have been on would be tough. I imagined it would have been a relief but I can see where the difficulties come in to play. A year of hard core training will definately take some time to adjust from. But! Congradulations you made it through! So very proud of you and you have done amazing things:) Heh cruise is comming up shortly.

If anyone deserves to kick back and relax it's you. Awesome job!

Ok now for me, heh day 5 done. Nothing much to say. I'm 105.8 pounds. Today was much easier than yesterday. That's about all there is to say :) Stay strong everyone!

FrostFox
09-27-2007, 11:40 PM
You mean 195.8 pounds. Unless you somehow left your legs lying around somewhere. ;)

jhf
09-28-2007, 10:16 AM
lol, ya .. oops and no i'm not a double amputee... heh so ya 195.8 :)

-Aaron-
09-28-2007, 01:50 PM
You doing another run?

jhf
09-29-2007, 08:26 PM
Ya, I'm broke and have extra supplies. heh

anyways 195.4

Hard part over, now it's just seeing it through to the end. Haven't been able to visit forums as much as I'd like. Hopefully updates every day but if not at least every other day. School and work is just keeping me plenty busy.

Sky22
09-30-2007, 12:46 AM
Hey, what else to you eat on your soild meal days besides your meal? Do you fill the rest of the day with shakes? If so, do you just try and figure how many calories your soild meal was then have shakes for the calories left over?

Thanks!!

jhf
09-30-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm pretty lazy so I usually go to perkins, have a wrap with a salad, and then shakes for the rest of the day. The last two shakes I'll have 1 scoop instead of 2 scoops of the protien powder if I remember.

Heh, when I'm broke though I have a nice bowl of oatmeal :)

jhf
10-02-2007, 11:16 AM
195.2 Heh, not a huge ammount lost but I'm still happy Still going strong, although I'm contemplating switching things up. Came across this news article;
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070928/hl_nm/high_carb_dc;_ylt=AkE3ninlifyZGwd8U7jaz.4EtbAF

One thing I did notice during the last time around was that my mental capabilities did slide somewhat as the diet progressed. That's something I can't really afford so I may go the other way and set up a semi permanent diet along the lines of 24 percent total protein, 30 percent total fat , and 46 percent total carbohydrate.

After the 78% on my chem test and the most likely B I got on the physics test I took today I need to be a bit careful. It's not like the summer where I had built a fairly guarenteed A before I started the V-diet....

Something I'm playing around with in my head at the moment. I'll decide Wed or Thurs.

FrostFox
10-02-2007, 01:59 PM
The results of the study say that running on extremely low carbs reduces cognitive function... this is old news, jhf :P you won't be at your best mentally on Velocity or any other extremely low carb diet where your body runs on ketones. However, the study itself concluded that the difference between both groups is "small".

More on the study: the headline of the article is pure crap - the high carb may help you think faster relative to ketogenic diets. That is a huge difference. There was no third group using the time-tested and popular 40/40/20 and 40/30/30 diets a lot of bodybuilders and so forth use (protein/carbs/fat). 24% protein? You won't have enough protein to build muslce. I dare say nobody in the history of man has transformed their body on 24% protein.

As for why your weight loss may be slow compared to the last time... maybe you never completely replenished your glycogen levels after the diet was over, or maybe your body thinks its in starvation mode. In any case, I don't think anybody expects to lose more on their second velocity diet than their first.

If you hit a wall, you may be forced to "reset" your metabolism by eating at maintenance for two to four weeks, then losing weight and building muscle the old-fashioned way: lots of weightlifting, cardio, eating @ maintenance minus 500 calories.

Let me know what you think!