PDA

View Full Version : low calorie/sugar free drinks

JKim
06-03-2002, 06:25 PM
Do drinks drinks such as the low calorie minute made lemonade drink or snapple diet air cause insulin spikes? THe lemonade is sugar/carb free, and the snapple has like 5 grams of sugar in it total with 6g carbs. I'm kinda iffy on drinking them cause i'm not sure if they would cause high spikes.

97LT1
06-04-2002, 05:15 AM
I don't know for sure. But i stay away from all diet drinks just to be safe.

MAX MADMAN
06-04-2002, 01:51 PM
KJim

You may want to try Crystal Light.........variety of good flavors, no sugar, no afterbite taste.

JKim
06-04-2002, 05:20 PM
what about that chemical called phenkaline or something like that, is that junk bad for ya?

97LT1
06-05-2002, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by JKim
what about that chemical called phenkaline or something like that, is that junk bad for ya? Some have adverse reactions to it. I would se a doctor to se if you are alergic to it.

MAX MADMAN
06-05-2002, 10:24 AM
Crystal Light IS NOT bad for the vast majority of people who drink it. Before wasting $$$ on a Dr. visit and tersts, I'd just try some and see how you like it. I know many, many bodybuilders and athletes who drink it (sold in supermarkets next to the Lipton Ice Tea) and habe never once heard of read of any side effects or adverse reactions.

Take care.

Willmilk
07-06-2017, 07:34 AM
Fat-free half-and-half has only 1 or 2 grams of sugar per serving. So diluting it with water creates a fat-free and nearly sugar-free milk that tastes pretty good. But it's expensive, about $4 to $5 a half gallon. Of course, if you dilute it, it lasts longer, but it's still about double the cost of regular milk per serving.