PDA

View Full Version : help for my dad?

zenki95
07-07-2007, 04:06 PM
now he wants me to make him a diet where he eats 5-6 times a day, figured it would be much better coming from people that know a lot more than me... now, he wakes up at about 6-7 everyday and comes back from work at about 4-6pm depends on how busy he is... he spends a lot of it in a car... he wants to loose weight but he never really works out, so if anybody wants to help.. appreciate it.. if you need more info ill tell ya what you ask...

Environ
07-07-2007, 05:03 PM
It's easy enough to make a diet for him, provided he is willing to do some preparatory work (e.g. preparing meals to take with him). However, he really should try to exercise regularly too. ALL the research suggests that a combination of exercise and diet gives better results than either diet or exercise on their own.

With regard to the diet, if he is sedentary, he doesn't need much carbs, so most his meals should be meat and vegetables/salads with a little fat. Breakfast is really the only meal where he should eat starchy carbs (e.g. oatmeal) and/or fruit. At all other times, his carbs should be from fibrous sources.

Naturally, if he does decide to commit to an exercise regime, then this can change.

So, a typical diet for him might consist of:

Meal 1: oatmeal, glass of orange juice, apple
Meal 2: handful of nuts
Meal 3: meat, fish or eggs with salad or vegetables, 1 tbsp mayonnaise or an equivalent in another form of fat
Meal 4: handful of nuts or serving of cottage cheese or eggs, etc
Meal 5: as meal 3.

Hope this helps. Of course, like I said, if he were to start to exercise, particularly if he started lifting weights, he'd have to change this.

zenki95
07-07-2007, 07:18 PM
thanks for the help