PDA

View Full Version : 12 Weeks...Go Lean or Bust!

pga617
07-06-2007, 03:02 PM
So I've decided to keep a log/journal here to help keep me more accountable and get some feedback along the way. A little background, I'm 27, 5'2", currently 136 & 30% bf. In Nov 05 I began eating better & exercising and was able to get down to 117 & around 23% bf from 138/32% bf over the course of 8 months. I plateaued for a bit, then somehow it seemed no matter how hard I tried, the better I ate, the more I exercised I kept gaining weight to the point that I'm back where I started. I realized that my weight gain coincided with my beginning to take an anti-depressant Lexapro. I was resistant at first to believe this because I hate when people make excuses for gaining weight other than their poor nutrition choices, but I had gone to see nutritionists & fitness experts and neither could help me figure out what else the gain could be from, even had my thyroid checked. I stopped taking the Lexapro about 2 1/2 months ago, and my weight has stabalized (I was gaining about 1-1.5 lb/week eating 1500-1800 cals/day!) and I'm no longer gaining, but I have a feeling it is going to take a lot of effort to fight the damage, but I am determined. So stay tuned!

chrischap01
07-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Good luck!

jklv
07-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Good luck with ur goals ;)

pga617
07-07-2007, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the good luck wishes guys!

So here was yesterday's diet

M1 - Oats & Whey

M2 - Cottage Cheese & Graham crackers w/PB (I know, I know, didn't want the crackers, but I ran out of apples yesterday-going to the grocery store today)

M3 - Chicken, yam (or maybe sweet potato, still can't really tell the dif), and spinach w/feta & balsamic

M4 - Tuna w/Wasa crackers

M5 (Post-WO) - Protein shake

M6 - Flounder

M7 (usually don't have a late night snack, but was starving!) - PB w/Wasa crackers

Calories 1654 - 46P/28C/27F

A little "off" day for diet, had a late meeting at 9:30p so I had to just eat something really quick after coming home from the gym so I just threw some flounder in a pan. I was up later than usual so I was pretty hungry again come 1130p so I had a small snack.

Today sucked @ss at the gym! I think I pinched a nerve in my neck while doing chest yesterday. I felt it last night and in the middle of my 4th rep of narrow grip pull-downs today I felt something in my neck pinch and couldn't finish my workout, boo! Now I cannot turn my neck in any kind of direction to my left w/o shooting pain. Also, my headphones died, well only one ear died so they kinda work, but it is quite annoying to only hear my music in one ear.

I stopped at 3 different gyms on my way home (shopping for a new gym). Golds only offers a 1 yr membership. I really want something month to month because I have no idea what the next year has in store for me. In Shape is a small local gym that looked really nice, and they offered me a 1 week trial to let me see how I like it. The 3rd Planet Fitness was the cheapest, BUT they were probably the rudest. When I told them I was looking for a new gym and wanted to talk about rates and get a tour they just said, "well you can look around yourself, or do you ACTUALLY want someone to show you around?" and didn't offer me any kind of week pass to see how I like going. I told them that I had heard that they have some weird rules, like no dead-lifting (wtf?) and they just kinda laughed it off, but never said if they allowed DL or not? I've also heard a lot of not so great things about PF, they also don't offer any classes. I don't do a lot of classes, but sometimes they're nice to break up the monotony, y'know? So I have about 1 week to decide, that is when my LA Fitness membership runs out.

shrugs or drugs
07-07-2007, 11:22 AM
wow you ratio of macros is perfect.. every day my macro changes, i try to keep mine at 50/30/20 but i can never get it point on. Good LUCK!

Hotmoltenlava
07-07-2007, 11:49 AM
*Subscribed and repped*

Good luck. We'll be watching.

Have a good one.

cawiau
07-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Just passing by to wish you the best of luck.
With dedication and hard work there is no doubt that you will reach your goals.

pga617
07-08-2007, 06:35 AM
Yesterday was pretty good despite the gym incident. Today is my off day, but I still feel like going to the gym, so I'm going to do some cardio today. Chest is super sore from my workout Friday....love that sore feeling! Here is my diet for yesterday:

M1 - Egg Whites; Oats & Whey

M2 - Wasa & PB

M3 - Shrimp; Spinach w/Feta & Balsamic; Edamame

M4 - Apple w/PB

M5 - Shrimp; Veggies; Edamame; Whey w/skim milk

2 rum/diet cokes.

Calories - 1768 - 39P/33C/28F

Saturdays are my planned higher calorie days so I'm right on par, I actually plan for 1800-2000 these days, but didn't want to go overboard because I didn't do much at the gym yesterday.

I was quite proud of myself for going out for drinks and (a) limiting to 2 drinks and (b) not snacking afterwards. Not that I'm a big drinker, but you know when you're out w/friends it is easy to get caught up & go overboard.

I'm trying out a new gym today, my neck is still hurting from the pinched nerve so just some light cardio today. I picked up some new headphones so yay for that.

pga617
07-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Good diet today.

M1 - Oats & Whey

M2 - Tilapia, Veggies, Edamame, Wasa & PB

M3 - Cottage Cheese Wasa & PB

M4 - PB & J, Protein Shake

M5 - Tilapia, Spinach w/Balsamic, Edamame

Calories 1448 - 40P/34C/26F

I was going to have some tuna somewhere in there, but just wasn't hungry & I'm not going to force myself to eat. I'm feeling good about the diet, it is pretty routine now. Every once and awhile I think oh, I can have a piece of candy I've been good, but I don't even want to start down that slippery slope. Sundays I prepare my lunches for the week, I always have the same thing, chx, sweet potato, spinach so I just cook it all up and portion it up, it makes it really easy for the week.

I went to a kickboxing class today, it was nice to be moving. My neck still hurts, but is much better than yesterday.

chrischap01
07-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Good diet today.

M1 - Oats & Whey

M2 - Tilapia, Veggies, Edamame, Wasa & PB

M3 - Cottage Cheese Wasa & PB

M4 - PB & J, Protein Shake

M5 - Tilapia, Spinach w/Balsamic, Edamame

Calories 1448 - 40P/34C/26F

I was going to have some tuna somewhere in there, but just wasn't hungry & I'm not going to force myself to eat. I'm feeling good about the diet, it is pretty routine now. Every once and awhile I think oh, I can have a piece of candy I've been good, but I don't even want to start down that slippery slope. Sundays I prepare my lunches for the week, I always have the same thing, chx, sweet potato, spinach so I just cook it all up and portion it up, it makes it really easy for the week.

I went to a kickboxing class today, it was nice to be moving. My neck still hurts, but is much better than yesterday.

Looks good! I love doing stuff like kickboxing to vary the exercise. I have been taking krav maga, that's great too. I boxed and wrestled in HS, so I have always loved that kind of stuff. Reps for the kickboxing!

Good luck!

heathershubby
07-08-2007, 09:09 PM
I would rep you but I already did so as soon as I spread enough around I will rep you again.\

subbed

pga617
07-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Looks good! I love doing stuff like kickboxing to vary the exercise. I have been taking krav maga, that's great too. I boxed and wrestled in HS, so I have always loved that kind of stuff. Reps for the kickboxing!

Good luck!

Thanks, it is definitely a great way to get aggression out too. It wasn't a great class, I was spoiled when I lived in Florida, I had an excellent kickboxing instructor, really worked you hardcore, no slacking allowed and was a stickler for form. Since moving to Connecticut I haven't found a class that comes anywhere near the intensity, but it was nice just to change it up. Also, when doing a class you don't have to think about what to do next, takes the thinking out of exercising.

pga617
07-10-2007, 05:33 AM
I ate a little less than planned yesterday, but still a good day:

M1 - Oats & Whey
M2 - Cottage Cheese
M3 - Chicken, Sweet Potato, Spinach w/Feta & Balsamic
M4 - Apple w/PB
M5 - Protein Shake (post-workout)
M6 - Tilapia, Edamame

Stats: 1325 Calories - 39P/36P/26F

The tilapia was a much smaller piece than I originally realized (only 2 oz). I was kinda rushed so I didn't have time to throw another piece in the oven so I finished pretty light for the day. I'm adding some fat to my 2nd meal, I just get too hungry if I don't so I'll probably throw in a Wasa cracker w/1 Tbs PB to hold me over to lunch a little longer.

Workout yesterday was arms & shoulders. It was an okay workout, I was at a new gym so it took some extra time to find what I was looking for so didn't keep the HR up as much as I like.

I have some parties this week so I'm trying to keep it super clean and instead of taking my normal Thursday off I'll probably throw in an extra cardio session there. Thursday I have a going-away party and Friday is our company's summer picnic. Hopefully I don't derail myself too bad.

pga617
07-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Great diet today ate everything as I had planned, even my macros were spot on!

M1 - Oats & Whey
M2 - Cottage Cheese, Wasa w/PB
M4 - Apple w/PB
M5 - Whey w/skim milk
M6 - Shrimp, Edamame, Broc****

Calories - 1523 40P/35C/25F

The extra fat in my 2nd meal really kept me full longer, in fact it was 2:00p before I realized I hadn't eaten lunch yet. I'm watching that new show that Shaq has w/the obese kids right now. I'm amazed at the state of these children and the resistance that is met to do some phsical activity in school, I'm curious to see this generation of kids in 10-15 years and their state of health, very sad.

chrischap01
07-10-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm watching that new show that Shaq has w/the obese kids right now. I'm amazed at the state of these children and the resistance that is met to do some phsical activity in school, I'm curious to see this generation of kids in 10-15 years and their state of health, very sad.

Scary thought...

Good job on the diet so far. You seem very dedicated!

cawiau
07-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Scary thought...

Have you gone to a sport store lately to purchase a bike?
Bike prices have decreased drastically
Why? Kids don't ride bikes no more
They are to busy watching Video games and TV and eating their life away.

Good for me because got 2 good bikes for my little sister and brother for lest than $50.00 each
My neighbour got one for her 15 year old for $80

To the OP, keep up the good work.

chrischap01
07-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Have you gone to a sport store lately to purchase a bike?
Bike prices have decreased drastically
Why? Kids don't ride bikes no more
They are to busy watching Video games and TV and eating their life away.

Good for me because got 2 good bikes for my little sister and brother for lest than $50.00 each
My neighbour got one for her 15 year old for $80

To the OP, keep up the good work.
That is just sad. I lived for bikes when I was a kid, and then for skateboards after that. It's true though, you don't see nearly as many kids out playing in the summer as you used to.

I am just glad Shaq is finally doing something about this! ;)

pga617
07-11-2007, 06:52 AM
It was rollerskates and rollerblades for me!!

pga617
07-11-2007, 07:04 AM
Scary thought...

Good job on the diet so far. You seem very dedicated!

I have to be, I have 2 huge motivating factors helping me also. My best friend's wedding is in October and I am in it and I do not want to be the "fat" bridesmaid as my friend & another bridesmaid are a good 15-20 lbs lighter than me....skinny bit**es (lol). Also, there was a 12 week summer transformation contest I found on here last week and since it coincided with my own plans I decided to enter.

chrischap01
07-11-2007, 08:37 AM
I have to be, I have 2 huge motivating factors helping me also. My best friend's wedding is in October and I am in it and I do not want to be the "fat" bridesmaid as my friend & another bridesmaid are a good 15-20 lbs lighter than me....skinny bit**es (lol). Also, there was a 12 week summer transformation contest I found on here last week and since it coincided with my own plans I decided to enter.
Good luck, but don't forget to think about yourself. If you do it for yourself you will be more likely to succeed and more satisfied when you get there than you will be if you just did it because of those skinny bitches. ;)

pga617
07-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Good luck, but don't forget to think about yourself. If you do it for yourself you will be more likely to succeed and more satisfied when you get there than you will be if you just did it because of those skinny bitches. ;)

Great advice, trust me, definitely doing it for me, I started this journey 2 years ago for the sole reason of wanting to feel better about myself. I'm also quite the perfectionist and this was one area of my life I wasn't satisfied in. This just gives me that little extra push!

chrischap01
07-11-2007, 11:13 AM
good for you. Keep up the good work!

cawiau
07-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Great advice, trust me, definitely doing it for me, I started this journey 2 years ago for the sole reason of wanting to feel better about myself. I'm also quite the perfectionist and this was one area of my life I wasn't satisfied in. This just gives me that little extra push!

Give it your all and I am sure you will amaze yourself at the end.
Keep up the good job!

pga617
07-12-2007, 08:32 AM
Here is my diet for yesterday....no surprises.

M1 - Oats & Whey
M2 - Cottage Cheese, Wasa w/PB
M4 - Apple w/PB
M5 - Tilapia Edamame, Cottage Cheese, 1 Capt'n/Diet Coke

Calories - 1513 39P/34C/27F

I had planned on having a protein shake before dinner, but like most nights it seems this week I just didn't have the time, so skipped it and had an early dinner because I was meeting a friend out for a drink.

My exciting news is that I had my BMR tested with Body Gem this morning. I did it 2 yrs ago and it was 1310, it is now 1380 so I've increased my BMR with the additional muscle mass...yay! I'm going to have it done again at the end of my 12 week plan. I also like knowing/having a definite starting point for my calorie intake.

Yesterday was legs day, my favorite, I always feel so strong afterwards. This is what I did:
10 min warm-up jog on treadmill

Squats 10x65/10x65/8x70
Deadlifts 10x65/10x75/8x75
Plie Squats 10x15/10x15/8x20-4x15-4x10 (drop-set)
Step-ups 10x40/10x40/10x40

My legs were quite wobbly after this, I'm sure I'll be feeling it as the day goes on.

Today is my off day, but with the extra drinking this week I've decided to do some light cardio after work before I head out to yet another party tonight, plus it helps keep my leg muscles loose after such a hard workout.

I have 2 days 'til my 2 week stats update, I'm hoping to see improvements!

pga617
07-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Tomorrow is our company summer luncheon. We close the office around 12p and we go to a restaurant and eat & drink to our hearts content...except me. There is always tons of food & alcohol at these events so I'm hoping to stay strong and restrain myself, although I knew this day was coming up so I planned for a cheat, but I don't want to get out of control. I've been looking over the menu and there are lots of good choices. I'm planning on staying away from the appetizers (unless it's shrimp cocktail...mmmmm). For lunch they have a salmon filet that hopefully I can get it just plainly grilled & get a side of broc****. Now for the cheat comes dessert time, I cannot remember the last time I had dessert, sooo many delicious choices on the menu, but I think I'll indulge in either the chocolate mousse or cheesecake and will "try" to eat only 1/2 of it. I plan on sticking to 2 drinks, that really isn't the hard part though as I'm not a big drinker. So hopefully if I stick to my plan I should end in the 1800-2000 range which is in line with my hi-cal days. I haven't had a high-cal day in about a week so I'm due, it is weird when you've been so strict with diet for awhile I almost don't even want to cheat, but I don't want to deny myself either.

cawiau
07-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Play it safe tomorow....good luck :)

pga617
07-13-2007, 08:29 AM
Ugh, feel like crap today. I went to a going-away party last night, didn't really want to go because I don't think I've been to bed before midnight once this week, but you know how that goes. I had 2 more drinks than I had planned, THEN had a slice of pizza. Totalled up my calories and ended the day at around 1875 so not horrible and my macros were surprisingly still good 39P/36C/25F, I was actually down on the scale, but I'm sure that was due to dehydration. So needless to say I guess yesterday was my cheat day and I'll have to stay light today, so "maybe" no dessert :(

I did get a quick 30 min jog/walk last night so hopefully that will help mitigate my damages, but I'm so tired today I probably won't make it to the gym. So I'll be pushing my chest workout to Saturday and back workout to Sunday (Sunday is normally my off-day).

chrischap01
07-13-2007, 08:47 AM
Ugh, feel like crap today. I went to a going-away party last night, didn't really want to go because I don't think I've been to bed before midnight once this week, but you know how that goes. I had 2 more drinks than I had planned, THEN had a slice of pizza. Totalled up my calories and ended the day at around 1875 so not horrible and my macros were surprisingly still good 39P/36C/25F, I was actually down on the scale, but I'm sure that was due to dehydration. So needless to say I guess yesterday was my cheat day and I'll have to stay light today, so "maybe" no dessert :(

I did get a quick 30 min jog/walk last night so hopefully that will help mitigate my damages, but I'm so tired today I probably won't make it to the gym. So I'll be pushing my chest workout to Saturday and back workout to Sunday (Sunday is normally my off-day).
sounds like you have everything under control...

I end up shifting my off day every week, but I always make it up if I miss a workout. I think it is a slippery slope if you start letting them slide!

pga617
07-13-2007, 09:54 AM
sounds like you have everything under control...

I end up shifting my off day every week, but I always make it up if I miss a workout. I think it is a slippery slope if you start letting them slide!

Yeah, I often adjust my off days to allow for schedule changes. I schedule 2 off days (Thursday & Sunday), but I usually end up taking one day completely off and will do some xtra cardio on the other off day just because I get bored.

pga617
07-14-2007, 06:58 AM
I did really well yesterday, even with the work luncheon:

M1 - Oats & Whey
M2 - Shrimp cocktail
M3 - Mixed greens, salmon, 1/2 baked potato w/butter, glass of red wine, & 1/2 piece cheesecake
M4 - Tuna w/Wasa crackers
M5 - Tilapia & edamame

I had to estimate calories since lunch wasn't prepared by me, but I think I ended somewhere around 1600 cals and 42P/33C/25F

I also weighed in today for my 2 week comparison:

July 1 - 136.2 lbs..... 30.7% bf
July 14 - 134.8 lbs......28.8% bf

A 1.4 lb weight loss and 1.9% bf loss, definitely on the right track so I'm happy with the progress.

chrischap01
07-14-2007, 08:16 AM
I also weighed in today for my 2 week comparison:

July 1 - 136.2 lbs..... 30.7% bf
July 14 - 134.8 lbs......28.8% bf

A 1.4 lb weight loss and 1.9% bf loss, definitely on the right track so I'm happy with the progress.

That is awesome! Keep up the good work! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

pga617
07-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Not much going on this weekend for me, just the usual, went to the gym yesterday and today. Saturday was chest day and then I did 15 min HIIT, today was back day, then I ran for 15 minutes. My neighbor commented today that I looked like I had lost some weight so that was nice. I feel really motivated and strong right now, I hope I can keep it going.

pga617
07-16-2007, 09:35 PM
Today was my hi-calorie day, it sounds weird to complain about trying to eat so much, but it is hard when eating clean. I usually end up trying to eat the same things w/slightly larger portions and for my protein shake I make it w/milk instead of water and use 2 scoops instead of 1.

M1 - Oats & Whey
M2 - Cottage Cheese w/Wasa & PB
M3 - Chicken, sweet potato, spinach w/feta & balsamic
M4 - Apple w/PB
M5 - Protein shake w/milk
M6 - Tilapia, veggies, edamame

Calories - 1843....42P/33C/25F

I officially switched gyms today so happy about that and today was arms & shoulders & 15 min HIIT. I had a good workout, arms were fatigued and legs were shakey after the HIIT, it is a great feeling.

Hardy1111
07-17-2007, 01:32 PM
Keep up the good work!

pga617
07-18-2007, 07:32 AM
Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

Yesterday's Diet:

M1 (7:30a) - Oats & Whey
M2 (11:00a) - Apple w/PB
M3 (2:00p) - Chx, spinach w/feta, sweet potato
M4 (5:00p) - Cottage cheese & Wasa w/PB
M5 (7:45p) - Protein shake
M6 (9:00p) - Tilapia, veggies & cottage cheese for dessert!

1487 Calories 40P/36C/24F

The protein should've been a little higher, but both my chicken and tilapia were only 3 oz, usually they're 4 oz pieces, still good macros though.

Yesterday I went to the gym, did abs & calves and 30 min steady-state cardio. Definitely feelin' the abs this morning, I changed my routine a little, it's a nice feeling to have that soreness the next day again!

chrischap01
07-18-2007, 07:35 AM
Yesterday I went to the gym, did abs & calves and 30 min steady-state cardio. Definitely feelin' the abs this morning, I changed my routine a little, it's a nice feeling to have that soreness the next day again!

It is a good feeling. I did abs last night for the first time in a while and I am feeling it today! I tried some new things, which is good. I always get bored with ab exercises.

pga617
07-18-2007, 10:37 AM
It is a good feeling. I did abs last night for the first time in a while and I am feeling it today! I tried some new things, which is good. I always get bored with ab exercises.

I do too, and it seems like abs adapt so quickly so I'm constantly browsing through magazines and here for new ideas.

pga617
07-19-2007, 07:38 AM
Yesterday was legs day...my FAVORITE! I feel so strong on leg day, loading up those plates on the barbell....make me feel like superwoman! For my workout I did:

Squats
SLDL
Wide-leg stance squats
Step-ups

I added 10# to my squats, 20# to SLDL, and 5# to my wide-leg squats. Legs were shakey when I left, a good sign :)! Abs are still a little sore, and I can tell my legs will get sore as the day goes on. Today I'll just do some light cardio to keep the legs loose.

Diet:
M1 - Oats & Whey
M2 - Tuna & Wasa w/PB
M3 - Chx, spinach, sweet potato
M4 - Apple w/PB
M5 - Protein shake
M6 - Tilapia, edamame

1475 Calories - 41P/31C/28F

Went out to a bar last night to send off my ex (good riddance!) back to AZ. Did well, I only drank 2 diet cokes, wasn't really in the mood to drink and certainly not to mess up my diet for the day.

pga617
07-19-2007, 08:32 PM
Today was high-calorie day, and I certainly needed, I felt so hungry today!

M1 - Oats & Whey
M2 - Tuna & Wasa w/PB
M3 - Chicken, spinach w/feta, sweet potato
M4 - Apple w/PB
M5 - Protein shake w/milk
M6 - Tilapia, broc****, cottage cheese w/pineapple

1799 Calories - 43P/32C/25F

I did 40 min on the eliptical today, and I'll be taking tomorrow off because I have a haircut appt after work. I feel like I'm beginning to see some changes, but I don't know if it it just my mind playing tricks on me so I'm anxious to take some new pics in a few weeks.

pga617
07-23-2007, 07:02 PM
I had quite the "munchy" weekend. Luckily I don't keep any snack food around the house so even though I ate more than normal it was all healthy stuff. I've begun my morning workout routine again rather than going in the afternoon, I just feel so much better to get my workout out of the way. So I switched around some of my meals. Here is today's:

M1 (Pre-workout) - Protein Shake
M2 (Post-workout) - Oats & Whey
M3 - Apple w/PB
M4 - Chicken, sweet potato, spinach w/feta
M5 - Cottage cheese & Wasa w/PB
M6 - Pork center loin & broc****

1420 Calories - 40P/32C/28F

Had a good workout, did bis & tris this morning and 15 min HIIT, tomorrow is shoulders, calves & abs.

chrischap01
07-24-2007, 08:44 PM
keep up the good work!

pga617
07-26-2007, 11:14 AM
Still going strong, still weighing in at around 135, but the bf% has gone down a bit, as long as SOMETHING is going down I'll take it! I take my first progress pics to compare in about 1 week, it is so hard to tell if you're progressing when you see yourself everyday.

Diet has been good, I've been sticking w/my morning workouts. I've switched out my sweet potato w/broc****. I know "technically" sweet potato is a veggie, but I consider it more a starch and I get more fiber w/the broc**** so it keeps me full longer.

I went out Tuesday night, stuck w/one beer ate a light dinner at home before going out so I did well, didn't eat the greasy bar food even though there were left-over fries on my friend's plate that were calling my name! I know that I would've felt like crap the next day though, my body just can't handle that kind of food anymore.

pga617
07-31-2007, 08:50 AM
Wow, 5 days since my last post?! I've been doing great on both diet & exercise. Sticking w/my regular diet, but I've upped the calories from 1450-1500 to 1550-1600. I re-worked my numbers and saw I should be eating a little more.

BMR - (1380 * 1.3) + 275 (calories burned through exercise) = 2069 to maintain so I'm trying to work w/a range of 1569-1769

No big changes, I just add some milk to my oats in the AM and have increased my protein portion at lunch from 4oz to 5oz. Tomorrow is my second official weigh-in for my 12 week program. I weigh in on the scale every morning though (I know I shouldn't, but it doesn't effect how I feel for the day, it is just part of my morning routine), but official post my weight the 1st of every month. I also will try to take progress pics Thursday, but if time-wise it doesn't work out I'll do them over the weekend. My pants feel looser around the hips so I know some changes are going on. Hopefully I will be able to see some of it in the pics.

Hardy1111
08-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Keeping an eye on you for the greater good. :)

Keep it up, looks like you're going strong.

pga617
08-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Okay here are my first comparable stats:

Jul 1 - 136.2 lbs/30.7% bf
Aug 1 - 135 lbs/27.9% bf (-1.2 lbs/-2.8% bf)

- 4.1 lbs body fat
+ 2.9 lbs muscle.

Happy with the bf loss and since it is my first month of heavy lifting I expected to see some muscle gains although I'm sure that will slow way down over the next few months since I'm on a caloric deficit. If I can keep the pace up I will certainly reach my goals by the end of the year.

pga617
08-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Okay, just posted progress pics on my bodyspace. Slowly, but surely I am seein progress. My back & hips look a little less "fleshy" and arms look a little slimmer. I'll be excited to see what another 3% drop in bf will bring. Today will be my first cheat in a few weeks, there is a going-away party for a dear friend at work and we're going to this great place for pizza & beer of course. I've been extra strict on the clean eating for 2 weeks so that I could indulge without the guilt. I had a good workout this morning, 10 min cardio warm-up, 30 min strength training (chest & abs), and 15 min HIIT afterwards, burned a little over 400 cals. I'm eating clean the rest of the day so I should come in between 1900-2000 cals for the day.

Ass-Blaster
08-03-2007, 08:05 AM
Looking good! Keep it up!

pga617
08-04-2007, 10:35 PM
It is amazing what a night of drinking can do to dehydrate your body! I ate too little, and drank too much going out last night, and was 2 lbs lighter on the scale so I drank tons of H2O today to try to re-hydrate. Too hung-over to get to the gym today, can't remember last time I felt so crappy, a great reminder as to why I don't do that often, I hate feeling this way. Tomorrow will be a fresh day to get in a good workout and eat well. Sometimes ya just gotta let loose though.

chrischap01
08-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I just had one of those nights. One of those weekends, actually...

Think I am just about recovered though!

pga617
08-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I just read your wild weekend, sounds like it was a blast! I'm back on track w/the eating & gym, and back down on the scale too. Hopefully you didn't do too much damage.

chrischap01
08-07-2007, 10:02 PM
glad to hear you are back on track, and that you got to have a little fun without a setback!

pga617
08-09-2007, 09:09 AM
Me too, after eating so clean for so many week, I just feel crappy eating junk now. I had dinner w/friends last night, & did okay. A little pasta w/meatballs & salad, stayed away from the garlic bread & apps, but I did have a 2-3 bites of cheesecake and 1 glass of wine. It was soooo rich, I couldn't have eaten a whole piece if I wanted to or I think I would've been sick. The scale was still being nice to me this morning both in weight & bf% so I'm happy. I'm hoping by the end of the month to be down another 2-3 lbs and 2% bf...we shall see.

Today is a cardio day, I wanted to sleep in this morning so I'll be heading to the gym tonight. Legs are sore from yesterday's workout, and still feelin' the abs a little from Tuesday (love it!)