PDA

View Full Version : An organic food store just opened up near me... what should i get?

manchoman
07-06-2007, 10:25 AM
It has all kinds of fresh, organic foods. a lot of vitamins and whatnot, as well. anybody frequent organic stores? what should i get from there?

hosler83
07-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Try out some ezkekial bread. I went up to the organic food store and tried that a few days ago. Its in the frozen section. I just defrost it in the toaster and add natty pb and banana. IMO the best snack one could ever eat.

Sibrek
07-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Nothing. Organic is a marketing scheme-ezekiel bread is good like someone said, but because it's flourless and made from only grains, not bc its organic

LSMalibu
07-06-2007, 11:05 AM
Don't waste your money on organic fruits and veggies that have inedible peels:

bananas, oranges, avocados, onions, coconuts, pineapples, melons, etc.

The Solution
07-06-2007, 11:06 AM
x2 on buying some ezekiel bread..

u can also get some kashi go lean cereal! totally killer

dig into some organic spinach leaves.. goes great in a salad.. also a variety of cereals u can get, whole grain breads, almonds.. anything really its just organic.. and its prob a bit more expensive

they make good ass almond butters! try n spread that with some cottage cheese at night.. its pretty good but i still love my natty PB

jman14
07-06-2007, 11:06 AM
It has all kinds of fresh, organic foods. a lot of vitamins and whatnot, as well. anybody frequent organic stores? what should i get from there?

food:
grass-fed beef (see if you can find bison also, its really good)
free range chicken
wild salmon
lotsa fruit and veggies
natty pb (or treat yourself to almond butter)
omega 3 eggs
organic milk
whole grain/whole wheat pasta (lots of organic stores have really good varieties of these)
quinoa (good stuff)
steel cut oats
sprouted bread/buns/rolls
short grain brown rice (my favorite)
ummmmmm idk, that's what i get

vitamins:
get a good multi
some fish/flax/linseed oil

thats what i can think of, hope it helps ;)

even though "organic" really means nothing, i like those stores because there is a lot of quality food with minimal proccessing or additives. I just find that at these health-food type stores, they do tend to have a better selection of quality food compared to a grocery store.

Vaper
07-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Steel cut oats

Whats with all the exekeil bread hype now ? Its not casue of the cutler DVD is it ?

siamesedream
07-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Get a newspaper.

....so you can take out the coupons to go and buy your food from a normal grocery store and stop supporting the organic bull****.

The Solution
07-06-2007, 11:15 AM
i only buy ezekiel bread.. i think its a great tasting bread.. and its damn healthy for you..