PDA

View Full Version : Progress @ week 20

blondebrain
10-20-2004, 04:57 PM
Hi everybody. I've been working out since i got my cast on in June out of pure boredom and i've fallin in love with it. I've been working on a 5 day schedule. These are pics from this week which is week 20 of my workout. I don't really know how to pose so I just took some different shots. Sorry if the lighting is bad. I don't really know what else to put so if you want to know something just ask me. Please tell me what you think.

Some of my stats:
Weight: 140
Thigh (middle): 21.5 in
Bicept (flexed): 11.5 in
Calf: 15 in

I posted my pics on a website and as an attachment
http://www.geocities.com/blondebrain2002/blondebrain.jpg

bscrusher
10-20-2004, 06:58 PM
blonde you look excellent, good legs, great back, if you have body building goals now is the time to cut the volume of your workouts and increase the intensity. try 3 workouts per week 45 minutes max.

what are your goals exactly?

post a pic that shows your calves better.

Thunder_Bunny
10-21-2004, 04:14 AM
You're looking great, thank you for sharing. :)

peregrine
10-21-2004, 07:21 PM
woohoo very nice. i think you look great.

what are your goals?

blondebrain
10-21-2004, 07:41 PM
Right now my goals are to define my abs more and gain an inch on my arms

someday
10-22-2004, 04:53 AM

you are 16 and if you eat well and workout hard you have great potential. i would suggest setting different goals. too many people starting out focus on arms and do nothing for legs. bad idea! it is called BODYbuilding for a reason!

peregrine
10-22-2004, 08:21 AM

sounds great keep up the hard work.
get a god routine and reasonable diet. i'd suggest arms 2 times a week along with the rest of your upper body and maybe legs 1-2 times a week as well.

very nice.

bscrusher
10-23-2004, 11:41 AM
bump someday.

hi blonde, the best ab training is heavy deadlifts and other compound free weight lifts. the best arm training is heavy deadlifts, bench press and military press. do each of these once a week.

DO SQUATS AND CALF PRESS!

as someday already mentioned, this sport is called bodybuilding for a reason. very few people have the genetics to successfully train a bodypart in isolation, and then they don't get to pick which part. train your whole body and your whole self. body part training is a dead end. that said, an effective emphasis can be put on your arms by doing bicep curls on your deadlift day, and doing bench dips or skull crushers on your bench press day. if you tense your abs and pull up the muscles of the pelvic floor while lifting, this will protect your spine and engage your powerful core muscles, especially your abs, and make you much stronger. power breathing and/or reverse breathing will magnify the effect on abs, and general strength and safety. squats have a powerful effect on the largest and strongest muscles, the metabolism, and the entire body as a system. learn to love them, you can not train seriously without them.

llamabob
10-24-2004, 01:11 AM
sounds great keep up the hard work.
get a god routine and reasonable diet. i'd suggest arms 2 times a week along with the rest of your upper body and maybe legs 1-2 times a week as well.

very nice.

Why would you want to train arms twice a week, overtraining.

V1ado
10-24-2004, 04:41 AM
Great body.

Keep training hard an i am sure you will get better gains ;)

peregrine
10-25-2004, 11:30 AM
Why would you want to train arms twice a week, overtraining.

you may be right or not. it depends on the person and what part of training he is in. hypertrophy two times a week is not always bad. if he is going purelly for strength aside from neuro adaptation yes 2 times a week may be too much depending on the volume and intensity.

10-15sets a week is still 10-15 sets, and the same amount of work.

so it doesn't matter as much if it is done on both monday and thursday, or only on monday.

example
1 time a week
barbell curls 6sets x 6-10
tricep pressdowns 6sets x 6-10
concentration curls 4sets x 6-10
dumbell kickbacks 4sets x 6-10

versus
2 times a week
day 1 monday
bb curl 3sets x 6-10
tricep pressdowns 3sets x 6-10
concentration curls 2sets x 6-10
dumbell kickbacks 2sets x 6-10

day 2 thursday
repeat monday

llamabob
10-25-2004, 01:04 PM
The problem with twice a week is you have to take into account the auxillary uses of the arms. triceps are used in any pressing movement, such as chest day, and bi's are hit on pull days, such as back. Now you're hitting bi's and tri's three times a week, I feel that volume is much too high.

peregrine
10-25-2004, 01:58 PM
The problem with twice a week is you have to take into account the auxillary uses of the arms. triceps are used in any pressing movement, such as chest day, and bi's are hit on pull days, such as back. Now you're hitting bi's and tri's three times a week, I feel that volume is much too high.

there are many people who overtrain and then the other exreme those who undertrain. with all the advocacy of overtraining GAINS are what matter.

again it depends on how your split is set up, and your own body.
if you did this in one week

day 1chest/back
rest
day 2legs
rest
day 3arms
rest
rest

vs something like
day 1chest/bis
rest
day 2legs quads