PDA

View Full Version : What can I do better?

kaylers
10-20-2004, 01:31 PM
I have a question about improving my diet. I understand that I need to be patient. I have been working out for 1 month, 12 days on a program. I have gone from 33.4% body fat to 29% body fat. My weight was at 143.3 down to 139 and sometimes 137 (the odd day). I am 5'1. I understand that I need to be patient, but I think that maybe my diet might have to do with it. Please give me some suggestions that I could do to make it better. I've discovered that my body is sensitive to brown rice so I eat green veggies instead.

Meal #1
-1/4 cup of low fat cottage cheese
-1/4 cup of low fat vanilla yogurt
-1 tbsp of walnuts
-1 tbsp of organic sunflower seeds
-1 sliced apple

Meal #2
- 2 organic rice cakes
- 1 tbsp of Light Kraft PB

Meal #3
-0.5 cup of oatmeal
-0.5 cup of cottage cheese
-1 tsp of vanilla extract
-1 tsp of cinnamon
-2 individual packets of splenda
-125 gr. of simply white egg whites
= protein pancakes
-0.5 cup of rasberries
-1 tbsp. of Ed Smith Sugar free syrup

Meal #4
-Nectar Syntrax protein shake
-30 green grapes

Meal #5
-3 oz chicken breast
-5 flowerts of broccoli
-Salad (romaine or iceberg)
-6 cucumber slices
-1 tsp of flax seed oil

Meal #6
-3 oz chicken breast
-w/175 egg whites
-0.5 cup of steamed green beans

+ LOTS OF water... where can i go better? Please help.. thank you so much!! My goal is to compete in June... However, I have a lot to lose.

Alinasmommy
10-21-2004, 05:38 PM
try putting more veggies into your diet. Perhaps and egg white omlette with mushrooms, spinach and feta cheese with some V-8 juice for breakfast. Instead of rice cakes with PB how about celery with PB or LF cheese or maybe even a couple of lettuce wraps with lean deli meat and sliced pepper. Have a BIG salad for lunch with lots of veggies and a lean protein (tuna, salmon, turkey, cheese nuts) When I ws trying to lose weight I would often have two salads a day--cobb salad at lunch (that has chicken, bacon avocado) and maybe a taco salad at night (ground beef, LF cheddar, FF sour cream and salsa verde for dressing)

I am a pseudo vegetarian though--I don't eat poultry or red meats (I would just use the various veggie or soy substitues) but I do eat fish!

Good luck. Hope this info helps

Emma-Leigh
10-22-2004, 05:04 AM
Meal #1
-1/4 cup of low fat cottage cheese
-1/4 cup of low fat vanilla yogurt
-1 tbsp of walnuts
-1 tbsp of organic sunflower seeds
-1 sliced apple
You should start your day off with something with a good, complex carbohydrate source. The yoghurt/apple/nuts and cheese are not the best.

That about some oats, cottage cheese, walnuts/linseeds and maybe some apple?

Meal #2
- 2 organic rice cakes
- 1 tbsp of Light Kraft PB
I would drop both of these. Rice cakes are very high GI and the light PB is full of sugar/horrible processed fats. You also need a complete protein in this meal.

What about some lean protein, complex carbs and vegetables?

Meal #3
-0.5 cup of oatmeal
-0.5 cup of cottage cheese
-1 tsp of vanilla extract
-1 tsp of cinnamon
-2 individual packets of splenda
-125 gr. of simply white egg whites
= protein pancakes
-0.5 cup of rasberries
-1 tbsp. of Ed Smith Sugar free syrup
This looks fine.

Meal #4
-Nectar Syntrax protein shake
-30 green grapes
Is this post-workout? If not, then don't do this - it is a very high insulin stimulating meal and is the last thing you want.

Meal #5
-3 oz chicken breast
-5 flowerts of broccoli
-Salad (romaine or iceberg)
-6 cucumber slices
-1 tsp of flax seed oil
Good.

Meal #6
-3 oz chicken breast
-w/175 egg whites
-0.5 cup of steamed green beans
I would add some fats to this meal. Otherwise great.

kaylers
10-22-2004, 10:02 AM
Thank you for those suggestions! I'm on my way to letting go of PB

Emma-Leigh
10-22-2004, 11:08 PM
Thank you for those suggestions! I'm on my way to letting go of PB

PB is ok (although walnuts, almonds and linseeds are better)... But that light stuff is crap. Go for the natural if you must.

RageCage
10-23-2004, 03:32 AM
your diet looks fine to me - if you wanna lose more, do more cardio etc.

i am 11% bf, i hav started cuttin a while now, i am aiming for 8-9%, i find if my diet gets too clean, i can't take it, and i go on a eating rampage, cause my body needs more food (simple carbs etc.) so,,... try to avoid this, by keeping your diet good (not superperfect) and increase your caloric expenditure -i find running the best

you still got a long way to go!!!! - be patient, drinking alcohol etc aint gonna help either!!!!

runnig is the best for losing weight, supported by weight training
__________________________________________________ _____
where theres a will, theres a way

spn
10-23-2004, 08:42 PM
She didn't mention alcohol and running is not neccessarily going to make her lose her more weight...too much she can lose muscle.Her diet just needed a little tweaking...I hope you're a male otherwise your goals for b/fat are way too low to be healthy...and if you are a male you're in the wrong board!

Sorry to be so harsh

spn
10-23-2004, 08:45 PM
also please don't say she has a long way to go...she has done great in a short time!

kaylers
10-24-2004, 07:51 AM
Thanks SPN for your kind words! I'm really working hard on losing weight. I am not drinking at all. No idea why he said that. Thanks for you help.