PDA

View Full Version : Uneven legs

Sunshineslynn
10-20-2004, 09:54 AM
Okay I have worked out for over 2 years now and have built some nice muscle on my legs. The problem is my left leg seems to be more defined than the left. i thought for the longest time that my left would eventually catch up but it has not. I do one leg ext thinking that will help. Should I do one leg presses or one leg squats to get them even. This is my current work out

squats 168lbs 4x8
presses 200lbs 4x8
lying curls 50lbs 4x10
kickbacks 50lbs 4x10
extensions 80lbs(each leg) 4x8
I sometimes through in lunges for the fun of it.
Any suggestions would be great.

bscrusher
10-20-2004, 10:50 AM
if you have bodybuilding goals drop everything but the squats, and maybe add donkey calf raises or some similar lift. the speed of your progress will increase dramatically.

lunges are great too, but only very advanced lifters can make good use of squats and lunges in the same session.

i will bet if you only improve the overall quality of your lifting, as i have outlined, your legs willl start to even out.

why don't you post your schedule, along with the rest of your goals? i would be very surprised if the rest of your program can't be vastly improved.

Sunshineslynn
10-20-2004, 02:19 PM
so just do squats??? Please explain why I would only do those. I work my calves separately.

bscrusher
10-20-2004, 02:59 PM
hi sun, if you dedicate the correct time and intensity to doing squats you need no other leg work. in fact any other leg work will slow down the progress of your body building goals. if you do a correct squat workout there will be no energy left for anything beyond 1 or 2 sets of calf press and some stretching. for our purposes squats are the most effective and efficient lift.

i see no harm in doing calves separately, there is most likely an advantage if you are trying to bring up a weak body part.

egoatdoor
11-05-2004, 07:28 PM
I'm a guy and I have a similar problem in that I am very right hand dominant. In particular, I have much more muscle size and definition in my right lats compared to the left. What I have been doing is adding some extra sets of one arm dumbbell rows or one arm cable rows at the end of each workout for the left side only. If you have a similar leg problem, I see no problem with doing 2 or 3 sets of one legged extensions and /or lunges for the weaker leg. Also, try not to develop the stronger leg so much by not doing any leg extensions for that leg at all. It doesn't need the extra work.