PDA

View Full Version : Sugar Intake!

Jenefer
10-20-2004, 12:31 AM
So I know I eat TOO much sugar!! I am eating so much better these days but a lot of the stuff I am eating has a lot of extra sugar in it. Yogurts, juices, granola bars.

I don't want to change what I am eating but I wanna know the negatives to eating more sugar. I am gonna start taking notes on how much....

SEADRA
10-20-2004, 02:53 AM
All that extra sugar will turn to fat.

Thunder_Bunny
10-20-2004, 03:50 AM
I would try to slowly eliminate these things from your diet. I would start with juice since drinking your calories can add up pretty quickly.

I would also be careful about portion size and limiting yourself to maybe one of these foods a day. If you're going to have Granola, don't eat the yogurt.

Also, there are some low sugar/sugar free yogurts available now. These might be a good substitute if your not opposed to sweetners.

Jenefer
10-20-2004, 12:06 PM
I need fat. I am under weight.

Aren't sweetners just as bad? I try to avoid artificial sweetners as much as possible. Would rather the normal sugar.

I eat very small portions naturally. I also have bought all portioned foods cuz I take my lunch/snacks with me to work.

So it is not 10 glasses of juice a day it is more like 500ml throught the day.

Thunder_Bunny
10-21-2004, 04:20 AM
Do you want to gain mostly fat or muscle or both?

Diab0lic
10-21-2004, 04:42 AM
I need fat. I am under weight.

Aren't sweetners just as bad? I try to avoid artificial sweetners as much as possible. Would rather the normal sugar.

I eat very small portions naturally. I also have bought all portioned foods cuz I take my lunch/snacks with me to work.

So it is not 10 glasses of juice a day it is more like 500ml throught the day.
Sweetners dont have calories like sugar, but often arent very good for you in more than small amounts.

You need to establish a protein/carb/fat ratio and then with regular exercise you should gradually increase your total calories over time to gain some weight :)

Dont just eat lots of sugar to gain weight, thats the way to diseases like type II diabetes :(

Do you want to gain mostly fat or muscle or both?

Why would you want to gain mostly fat?