PDA

View Full Version : NBC's The Biggest Loser

EmperialChina
10-19-2004, 06:18 PM
Pretty entertaining 'reality show', though the first weeks weight results must have been a hell of a lot of waterweight as losing 20 pounds a week of fat is simply not going to happen, anyone else watching it?

s10bear
10-19-2004, 06:22 PM
I am, soo much bull****, that's all I am sayin

skelooth
10-19-2004, 06:25 PM
DAMN I JUST CAME HERE TO MAKE THIS VERY SAME TOPIC!

Only I'd say, it's a bunch of bull****, and a disgrace to television.

C'mon man! Some dude lost 22 lbs in ONE week, .... that's a hell of a lot of water. Next episode they'll all be crying because they'll lose half of what they lost this week, if that.

Also, I question how healthy this show is for them, mentally and physically.

Graphite
10-19-2004, 06:27 PM
Yeah im watching it at this moment, Hell yeah 20lbs was a **** load of weight he lost.. I was pretty surprised.. Did you see that after pic of that one girl with the country accent? She looked pretty good after the 15 more pounds she lost.

*edit* at the end they had a health statement saying they was being monitored.. So it couldn't have been that unhealthy but what can you say these people must of had ALLOT of waterweight.

BIGDUBBDEISEL
10-19-2004, 07:10 PM
What is the show called?

EmperialChina
10-19-2004, 07:21 PM
Yeah im watching it at this moment, Hell yeah 20lbs was a **** load of weight he lost.. I was pretty surprised.. Did you see that after pic of that one girl with the country accent? She looked pretty good after the 15 more pounds she lost.

*edit* at the end they had a health statement saying they was being monitored.. So it couldn't have been that unhealthy but what can you say these people must of had ALLOT of waterweight.

Yeah Dana, I was also mesmorized by her big nice boobies, hope she doesn't lose those in the weight lose. Her after picture was good, you can tell she lost 15 pounds of 'actual' fat. I think out of all of them it was best to send her home first probably.

I also noticed a few guys like Aaron have Gyno, poor guys probably due from the raised estrogen levels from the high BF levels etc.....

EmperialChina
10-19-2004, 07:25 PM
DAMN I JUST CAME HERE TO MAKE THIS VERY SAME TOPIC!

Only I'd say, it's a bunch of bull****, and a disgrace to television.

C'mon man! Some dude lost 22 lbs in ONE week, .... that's a hell of a lot of water. Next episode they'll all be crying because they'll lose half of what they lost this week, if that.

Also, I question how healthy this show is for them, mentally and physically.

LOL, Deja Vu mate! :D

I agree, and those weight loss numbers are simply impossible, they should be going by body fat % and I wish they would have told us their body fat percentages along with their weight as that is much more specific than just a weight number. I know it's not as great telvision doing it that way.

Giving those people's eating habits I can see how they could lose so much water weight and how the smaller people lost less, as they didn't have as much available "water weight", but I also wonder about the scale etc.... I still enjoy the show and got a lil' thing for bull busting "Jillian". :D

I expected more from Maurice the biggest guy there who was 436 pounds...damn!

EmperialChina
10-19-2004, 07:26 PM
What is the show called?

Here you go bro'.

Maybe the seasone premiere will come on again......

http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/

Thardus
10-20-2004, 06:03 AM
I also noticed a few guys like Aaron have Gyno, poor guys probably due from the raised estrogen levels from the high BF levels etc.....

Wait a sec, are you saying a high body fat percentage in a male will raise estrogen levels?

Thardus
10-20-2004, 06:25 AM
I like shows like this because they cause me to want to continue what I'm doing. (Discovery Health Channel has several variations of a show called "Body Challenge")

I also had a few problems with the show. First off, since the teams are competing based on total fat lost it seems the women will be the natural choice for elimination. The women are all smaller, so if big Maurice loses 1% of his weight in a week that will be over 4 pounds but if one of the women lose 2% of their weight they'll lose less total weight! From what I've been told it's easier for males to lose weight due to our higher muscle content and better ability to put on muscle mass. I just don't see why any team would eliminate one of their men while one of the smaller females is still on their team - unless of course of those men caves in to temptation.

Second, they calculated each contestant's body fat percentage using that water displacement technique. They didn't bother to explain to us how that test calculates the body fat percentage nor did they even reveal to us the results! Total weight might be easier to measure and is a time-honored measurement of a person's health, but body fat percentage is really a better way of measuring your mass if optimal health is the goal.

Third, after losing the competition and being given a 5lb fat penalty, the trainer mentions that her team members are going to have to account for an additional ~3000 calories to make up for that penalty. I understand that a pound of fat is storage for roughly 3500 calories, but many in the audience would not. They should have explained this - they had plenty of time in the 90 minute show!

Fourth - Some of the contestants lost an incredible amount of weight in that week. Many lost over 10lbs and some even lost upwards of 20, but no one mentioned that this was mainly water weight. No way can someone lose 20lbs of fat in one week without liposuction!

Fifth - What are they going to do next week with one team being 1 person down? It seems a bit unfair to compare the total weight loss of 2 groups of people when one group has fewer people than the other.

Sixth - I would have liked a better description between the styles of the two trainers. The show just assigned a trainer to each team, but I think it would have been more interesting if the teams were told of the 2 trainers and their styles then put into a competition where the winning team could choose which trainer they'd get.

Hartski
10-20-2004, 08:09 AM
I liked the show, and I plan on watching it every week. It's really helping to motivate me to lose more weight and keep working hard.

The disclaimer said that each person's diet and excersise routine was tailores to them, so that must be how they devided the teams.

The ones that just have problems eating too much were put on the "Eat Less" diet, and the ones that needed their metabolism boosted were put on the "Eat More" diet.

I must say, that if I had a trainer that looked like Jillian, I'd be working my ass of 24/7

Graphite
10-20-2004, 10:44 AM
Its a weekly show? damn it, I was hoping it comes on everyday but oh well. It kinda gets me going too :D

EmperialChina
10-20-2004, 01:56 PM
Its a weekly show? damn it, I was hoping it comes on everyday but oh well. It kinda gets me going too :D

Yeah, it's not very accurate, but hell just watching one episode a week would keep me going for the whole week. :D

skelooth
10-20-2004, 02:16 PM
I do not find that show motivational at all.... i find it demeaning to fat people. You know........ all it does is make americans laugh at fat people, EVEN FURTHER demeaning me and my fat. American Culture has created classes amongst the population far beyond finance. Good looking people, and uglies. I'm sick of watching perfect people on tv, then watching them demean fat people.

hotgymchick
10-21-2004, 04:45 PM
I got a huge laugh out of when one of the girls (I think from the "red" team) was sitting at the table screaming and crying about how she doesn't know what to eat, she only ate 500 calories that day, "that can't be enough!". She was making such a big deal out of it.

Of course she knows what she should eat she has a crewload of people telling her.

I just find it fascinating that some people are SO addicted to food that they sit and cry about it. I don't believe that this will work in the long run: the kind of motivation and intensity that the trainers are trying to instill in these people is partly innate- if you don't have a burning passion for serious dieting and training, you aren't going go get it in the first 2 weeks of being on some dumb show.

And most of America is fat- everywhere I go I see overweight people. They have no right to sit and watch this show and feel superior in any way, they should get off the couch and away from the TV themselves and exercise.

mondesi02
10-21-2004, 07:07 PM
..I would just like to add that I caught a few minutes of that show..& I am in love with the female trainer.

EmperialChina
10-21-2004, 07:33 PM
I got a huge laugh out of when one of the girls (I think from the "red" team) was sitting at the table screaming and crying about how she doesn't know what to eat, she only ate 500 calories that day, "that can't be enough!". She was making such a big deal out of it.

Of course she knows what she should eat she has a crewload of people telling her.

I just find it fascinating that some people are SO addicted to food that they sit and cry about it. I don't believe that this will work in the long run: the kind of motivation and intensity that the trainers are trying to instill in these people is partly innate- if you don't have a burning passion for serious dieting and training, you aren't going go get it in the first 2 weeks of being on some dumb show.

And most of America is fat- everywhere I go I see overweight people. They have no right to sit and watch this show and feel superior in any way, they should get off the couch and away from the TV themselves and exercise.

A big bump to this hotgymchick, you took the words right out of my mouth, especially the part with the woman going into a hissy fit etc.... :)

EmperialChina
10-21-2004, 07:36 PM
..I would just like to add that I caught a few minutes of that show..& I am in love with the female trainer.

Hell yeah.....how can you not love that little ball buster. :D

skelooth
10-21-2004, 08:15 PM
She's got arms like a man, **** that....

I like my women soft and femmy :)

playmaker
10-22-2004, 12:18 AM
She's got arms like a man, **** that....

I like my women soft and femmy :)

skinny fat is not femmy!! Do you prefer this because it make you feel better or something?

tengals123
10-22-2004, 12:22 AM
errrmmm.....she's HOT! yes please......

skelooth
10-22-2004, 04:39 AM
dude, girls are not supposed to be buff. I like em with a nice thick ass and tig bitties, they've GOT to have the cushion for the pushing. A rock solid ass is not cushion enough for my tastes :P

ShadowRydr
10-22-2004, 05:36 AM
dude, girls are not supposed to be buff. I like em with a nice thick ass and tig bitties, they've GOT to have the cushion for the pushing. A rock solid ass is not cushion enough for my tastes :P

I think you need to grow up a bit more. Your profile says your age is 23, yet, you sound like a 13 year old to me. I bet a lot of women are going to find that attitude very attractive..yeah..

skelooth
10-22-2004, 05:39 AM
strange, the women I've dated in the past LIKE sex.... I don't know who you been dating man, but they don't sound like my type.

playmaker
10-22-2004, 06:32 AM

Firstly i'm not a dude i'm a vascular chick :D .... Anyway it's not hard to find fat ass/skiiny upper body with huge boobs (boobs=fat) girls!!! Good luck

rwindleyme02
10-22-2004, 07:05 AM
skinny fat is not femmy!! Do you prefer this because it make you feel better or something?

Got to go with playmaker on this one. Fit chicks are HOT!

Liquid
10-22-2004, 09:01 AM
he secretly likes guys

skelooth
10-22-2004, 09:04 AM
he secretly likes guys

Who kissed and told? ;)

Girls with shredded bodies look pretty damn masculine to me, so maybe it's the other way around ;)

mjt12
10-22-2004, 12:19 PM
Arent you the one complaining that you cant get laid by anyone other than "ugly chicks". You should be so lucky to get a fit girl.

skelooth
10-22-2004, 12:44 PM
Arent you the one complaining that you cant get laid by anyone other than "ugly chicks". You should be so lucky to get a fit girl.

It's funny how I'm getting attacked because I am not particularly a fan of women with cuts.

I say I like women with a little bit of meat on them, and instantly, I get attacked with comments like

I secretly like men
and, because right now i'm bangin ugly chicks, I should be so lucky to get with a "fit" girl

Ya'll are a crazy breed of people, you have very little tolerance for anyone that has a differing view or opinion than your own.

Does Pamela Anderson have cuts? Does Carmen Electra have cuts? NO. They got the meet where it counts. They're thin and fit, but they do not have CUTS and BULGING muscles. I do NOT like women with BULGING muscles. To ME, that is disgusting. You are entitled to your own opinions on what is attractive, as I am entitled to my OWN.

Damn narrow minded people. I feel like I'm on board full of conservatives and republicans.

EmperialChina
10-22-2004, 01:22 PM
It's funny how I'm getting attacked because I am not particularly a fan of women with cuts.

I say I like women with a little bit of meat on them, and instantly, I get attacked with comments like

I secretly like men
and, because right now i'm bangin ugly chicks, I should be so lucky to get with a "fit" girl

Ya'll are a crazy breed of people, you have very little tolerance for anyone that has a differing view or opinion than your own.

Does Pamela Anderson have cuts? Does Carmen Electra have cuts? NO. They got the meet where it counts. They're thin and fit, but they do not have CUTS and BULGING muscles. I do NOT like women with BULGING muscles. To ME, that is disgusting. You are entitled to your own opinions on what is attractive, as I am entitled to my OWN.

Damn narrow minded people. I feel like I'm on board full of conservatives and republicans.

Mate, no offense but this is wildly immature and your rebuttal is dripping with irrationality and bull****. No one has a problem with what you prefer or not, it is infact you who is coming across as the overt jerk, with your initially remarks. You not only state your opinion but you are so rude about it, and I would think in a forum such as losing weight someone with a weight problem may not be so quick to judge. You said to the effect "Eww she looks like a damn man and her arms are bigger than mine." Firstly Jillian has 12 inch arms at the most, is that so masculine to you, if so then well........

Jillian to me looks like a fit girl with very nice muscle lines, not sure how you can compare her to a "man" which is so ridiculous, she to me looks more feminine than a skinny-fat, just look at her body. Another problem is that there are women who lift big here and seem to find many guys who want a piece and I doubt they are all 'gay'.

So you didn't say "I prefer girls without the cuts on them."

You said "Girls shouldn't lift weights, it's gross ewww she is a man for lifting weights."

You wouldn't want 'playmaker' to go into your thread and say "ewww I prefer men with abs and a low BF%", its not always what someone says but how they say it, case in point. For this reason alone I can see the point of the many women on here, and how they encounter that far too much.

skelooth
10-22-2004, 01:24 PM

That is childish and irrational? Because I like a girl with some fat on her? Man, ya'll are nuts.

I even wrote "for my tastes". Indicating a PERSONAL PREFERENCE, which instantly got turned into me being a closet gay, and one ass even trying to offend me on a personal level by referring to my other topic. and I'M the childish, irrational one? How so? Honestly. Just because I'm not a fan of the girl from the biggest loser.

Rachael Ray from the food network, now THAT is a woman. You have your preference, and I have mine. It's just a shame that some of you are incapable of respecting that.

EmperialChina
10-22-2004, 01:26 PM
That is childish and irrational? Because I like a girl with some fat on her? Man, ya'll are nuts.

Yeah, everyone else is somehow 'crazy and nuts', but you right? :rolleyes: :D

No one cares what you prefer, it's how and what you say obviously can't you see this?

skelooth
10-22-2004, 01:28 PM
Yeah, everyone else is somehow 'crazy and nuts', but you right? :rolleyes: :D

No one cares what you prefer, it's how and what you say obviously can't you see this?

please see updated post above.

No one cares what I prefer? haha i've been 'attacked' by three people who obviously do care.

Who said I was right? All i did was state my personal opinion, in a VERY light hearted manner. I NEVER said I was right, I was however, accused of being WRONG.

Continue argueing, I'll go on forever. Please quote me where I claimed to be "right" or where i said everyone else was "crazy and nuts for liking buff women". The crazy and nuts comment is in retrospect to the COMPLETE UNACCEPTANCE of differing views by multiple people in this thread.

skelooth
10-22-2004, 01:33 PM
You wouldn't want 'playmaker' to go into your thread and say "ewww I prefer men with abs and a low BF%", its not always what someone says but how they say it, case in point. For this reason alone I can see the point of the many women on here, and how they encounter that far too much.

I just want to touch on this point. My comment was in no way intended as a personal attack on anyone. It was a comment of PERSONAL PREFERENCE. Did you know that there are stick thin guys out there who LOVE 400lb fat women? Did you know that some really short girls LOVE really tall guys? Did you know that EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN GOD DAMN PERSONAL PREFERENCE, or is that NOT ACCEPTABLE to you.

RussG
10-22-2004, 02:10 PM
Looks like this thread went downhill fast. As for me, I like both types of women. As long as they aren't obese and as long as they aren't anorexic, I can find them attractive. Guess that's just me ;)

velikimajmun
10-22-2004, 02:24 PM
Looks like this thread went downhill fast. As for me, I like both types of women. As long as they aren't obese and as long as they aren't anorexic, I can find them attractive. Guess that's just me ;)

I had to laugh at this..looks like the thread is going downhill and then contributing to it. awesome.

Personally, I found the show to be the most demeaning thing I have ever seen on TV. It was great

EmperialChina
10-22-2004, 02:26 PM
Well I would have preferred it didn't stray off topic like that, but it was bound to happen.

:D

skelooth
10-22-2004, 02:52 PM
Well I would have preferred it didn't stray off topic like that, but it was bound to happen.

:D

Yeah, I'll stop now...

RussG
10-22-2004, 03:11 PM
I had to laugh at this..looks like the thread is going downhill and then contributing to it. awesome.

Personally, I found the show to be the most demeaning thing I have ever seen on TV. It was great

lol...yea yea, I have nothing to say on the real topic since I haven't watched the show. What time does it usually air?

velikimajmun
10-22-2004, 03:16 PM
lol...yea yea, I have nothing to say on the real topic since I haven't watched the show. What time does it usually air?

bump for someone else...I think it was monday night but it might have been tuesday. I really don't know the days just fade into one when you work 12-14 hour days...I just watch whatever is on when I get home for relaxation.

So can someone else tell him

EmperialChina
10-26-2004, 05:37 PM
It's on Tuesdays at 8:00 PM it's still on right now.

What happen this week is just as I suspected, they average weight loss for this week was around 2 pounds and many (over 5 people on there) had 0 pounds of weightloss. One girl even said "Maybe I should accept my body as it is now, why put myself through this if I am not getting results". They got spoiled the first week thinking that it was normal to lose 20lbs a week. :rolleyes: and they think that's normal. They should realize that their bodies returned to homeostasis and no more ridiculous water weight is left to lose.

rwindleyme02
10-26-2004, 09:17 PM

What happen this week is just as I suspected, they average weight loss for this week was around 2 pounds and many (over 5 people on there) had 0 pounds of weightloss. One girl even said "Maybe I should accept my body as it is now, why put myself through this if I am not getting results". They got spoiled the first week thinking that it was normal to lose 20lbs a week. :rolleyes: and they think that's normal. They should realize that their bodies returned to homeostasis and no more ridiculous water weight is left to lose.

Yeah, that one girl even asked the trainer if she should drop her calories more and the tranier said, "NO, NO, NO... NO.... seriously... NO"

EmperialChina
10-26-2004, 11:26 PM
Yeah, that one girl even asked the trainer if she should drop her calories more and the tranier said, "NO, NO, NO... NO.... seriously... NO"

Yeah I agree, and the trainer was right to step in, I also like how the blue team's trainer actually said to them 'Well the first week was water weight, it's much tougher now', something to that effect.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Jillian soooooooooooooo mean, yet so fine. :)

playmaker
10-26-2004, 11:32 PM

They are thin and fat! (skinny-fat) ....what do you mean fit?

playmaker
10-26-2004, 11:34 PM
I just want to touch on this point. My comment was in no way intended as a personal attack on anyone. It was a comment of PERSONAL PREFERENCE. Did you know that there are stick thin guys out there who LOVE 400lb fat women? Did you know that some really short girls LOVE really tall guys? Did you know that EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN GOD DAMN PERSONAL PREFERENCE, or is that NOT ACCEPTABLE to you.

Agree

velikimajmun
10-27-2004, 05:31 AM

Yeah I saw that coming...If I was the trainer and was solely trying to win the money for my team (because that's what the show is really about) and wasan't worried about health/lifestyle change. I wouldn't have them working out like animals I would make them walk ( at a decent pace) all day long. They would continue to lose a good amount of weight each week.

Thardus
10-27-2004, 12:33 PM

Um, excuse me?

You just said:

Then you followed that by having the gall to slam conservatives and Republicans as closed minded! The hypocrisy is so thick I can taste it... (It better be low carb or at least low cal) Clearly, it is you who show no tolerance for intellectual diversity.

You really do sound like you're 13 years old. I only wish you were so that way you wouldn't be able to pollute the election next week.

Hartski
10-27-2004, 01:00 PM
Anyone know if they will air this episode again? I was watching One Tree Hill.(The women on that show are so fine!)

Thardus
10-27-2004, 01:21 PM
Anyone know if they will air this episode again? I was watching One Tree Hill.(The women on that show are so fine!)

Oddly enough, it does seem to be scheduled for a repeat soon. I checked my TiVo and it says that it's supposed to air at 7pm on 11/1 and 12pm 11/2 on the USA Network. This is an NBC show so it's odd that it would be appearing on a cable network...maybe it's owned by GE as well. (According to TiVo, it's the same episode that aired Tuesday) I don't know if these dates and times are relevant to your area, but look into it.

moody_weasel
10-28-2004, 02:01 AM
What happen this week is just as I suspected, they average weight loss for this week was around 2 pounds and many (over 5 people on there) had 0 pounds of weightloss. One girl even said "Maybe I should accept my body as it is now, why put myself through this if I am not getting results".

What did they say to the girl? Please don't tell me they let her get away with giving up losing weight after only to weeks.

tengals123
10-28-2004, 03:27 AM
errrr...sorry guys i lost track of this thread for a while. jezzzzz alot's been happening here. interesting to read. by the way, without opening a can of worms again, i still think 'she's' hot! cheers

atticus_a
10-28-2004, 01:51 PM
I thought this was about the show not what people view as attractive in woman.

I liked the show. I think the blue trainer is too nice and ultimately I wouldn't find him to my liking. I liked the Red Trainers style. These people are too in touch with there feelings. So sensitive.

They could be losing more than water weight. I am sure that there bowels are all full of **** literally. The amount of fiber they were eating a day was probably not enough to get all that **** out of them. So I am sure that a lot of pounds came from that as well as the water.

They need to suck it up. Crying about her 500 calories was pointless. They were together a week. What is all this bonding stuff? I would be voting with a reckless abandonment.

You can sustain weight loss like that when you are that heavy. You will lose a lot of lean muscle mass with it but you can lose it in higher quantities than the recommended pound or two a week. Not as healthy but ultimately do able.

Demeaning to fat people..hardly, I would see it as giving them the respect that they can make it though a rough situation and get better because of it. I think it is more demeaning to treat them with anything but the way that you would treat anyone else in that situation. If I was there trainer and they had goals and I was empowered to do what it took, don't think I wouldn't be there pushing regardless of there fat levels.

EADGBe
10-28-2004, 02:06 PM
hahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahah

fat people on tv without shirts

hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

fat girls in swim wear

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHH

hahaha.. fat people.... they make me laugh.

oh crap... this is the Losing Fat forum. doh!
at least theyre trying, eh?

Herbb
10-28-2004, 03:14 PM
I am sure that there bowels are all full of **** literally. The amount of fiber they were eating a day was probably not enough to get all that **** out of them.

almost gagged on my oatmeal as I pictured this

rwindleyme02
10-28-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by atticus_a
I am sure that there bowels are all full of **** literally. The amount of fiber they were eating a day was probably not enough to get all that **** out of them.

almost gagged on my oatmeal as I pictured this

Oatmeal... yeah, that would do it :)