PDA

View Full Version : Teen Girl 10 Sizes Too Small

LL_Rocks
10-19-2004, 04:41 PM
Hi everyone! I'm 14 years old and a little small for my age. Okay, not a little small. I'm 4'10 and 78 lbs. I know, gasp, poor little girl, we've got better things to worry about. But I need some help, b/c I don't fit into any clothes, even kids clothes are big on me! I want a bigger butt, wider hips, bigger arms, and bigger thighs and calves. Can anyone tell me any foods i can eat and excersises i can do? I only have access to free weights though. This isn't only a vain request. I go into surgery in 2-3 months and its not easy to operate on smaller patients. And before anyone makes a comment, I AM NOT ANOREXIC OR BULIMIC! I have a super fast metabolism and I'm a cumpulsive over eater. Doesn't that bite?

bscrusher
10-19-2004, 04:57 PM
great news! free-weights are the best and only thing you need.

read what i posted on these threads....

"shoulders - what did i do?" started by dbflgirl.

"split vs fbody - myths or not?!" started by tango650.

good luck.

ChocoChick
10-19-2004, 05:41 PM
You sound like my daughter. At 12, she is 4'8" and 68 pounds. Have you already completed most of your growth (typically, girls accomplish 85% of their growth by the time they have their first period). It could be that you are genetically destined to be a petite person.

That said, unless there are any physical issues you haven't mentioned, I think you would benefit from a weight training program combined with some aerobic activity (my daughter's doctor cited a study thatshowed that girls who engaged in regular aerobic activity grew taller than those who didn't). Also, if you do a search on weight training for kids, you will find some guidelines.

I know it is frustrating not to be able to fit into clothes but don't go too nuts with trying to gain weight. It sounds as though you are reasonably proportionate for your height and age (correct me if I'm wrong).

Finally, what does your doctor say? Have you been checked by an endocrinologist for any underlying problems? What is your surgery for?

Feel free to pm me if you want to talk privately.