PDA

View Full Version : STARTED JUNE 18th...

rmedina8804
07-03-2007, 09:35 AM
hows it going bb.com?! this is my first post so i thought id start off by posting my pics and creating a log.. as you can see in my avatar i used to be pretty healthy but these past two years i've let myself go because of stress due to divorce and child custody battles(which i have to mention i won 92% custody)... in the process i put on about 45+ pounds... crazy huh?
i was referred to this site from a friend and because of all the success stories, i was determined to get back into shape. so i purchased lipo 6 and no xplode from the bb.com superstore.
i decided to start my mission on july 18th. weighing in at 237. for the whole week i ran 2 miles everyday, lifted weights religiously and cutting my calorie intake tremendously(eating 6 meals a day) . the second week i upped the cardio to 3 miles, lifting harder than the week before and staying on track with my calorie consumption a day.. btw i am only using lipo 6 being that it gives me enough boost during my runs and workouts.
today being the 3rd of july im weighing in at about 224. losing about 13 pounds in 2 weeks... and i have to say im extremely proud of myself.. i.m.o. im definitely on a good start...
the reason i posted so late is because i was pretty ashamed about my appearance but because of my progress ive gained a little more confidence. i will try my best to update my progress every monday but will keep track of this thread for feedback purposes... any suggestions and comments are welcome...

http://a889.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/113/l_7a2855bbf8a8040faea3abc9c9b89d80.jpg

note: i deleted my last thread because a typo in the headline. i didnt know how to change it.. sorry to those who replied!

jayknow05
07-03-2007, 09:39 AM
Awesome for two weeks, I can see that beater is fitting looser. What's your weight training like?? Running 3 miles AND weight training in one day might not be the best idea, unless you like the look of a distance runner.

rmedina8804
07-03-2007, 10:04 AM
i lift everyday.. my main focus is upper body. not really worried about my lower half untill i decide i want to focus on just bulking.. for now ill let my cardio take care of my legs...

monday: chest, shoulders and abs
tuesday:biceps, triceps and forearms
wednesday: chest shoulders and abs
thursday: biceps, triceps and forearms
friday: chest, shoulders and abs
saturday: biceps, triceps and forearms
sunday: chest, shoulders and abs

and so on switching back and forth everyday...

heathershubby
07-03-2007, 10:16 AM
amazing progress for 2 weeks bro keep it up I am subb to this thread.

p.s. If you ever need to change something in the title of a thread jsut message a mod they can do it for you .

Keep up the great work

rmedina8804
07-03-2007, 11:44 AM
^thanks. i tried searching for a mod but didnt really do a thorough search.. next time around ill make sure to look harder...
on another note, i just got done running my 3 mile cardio.. well actually 2 mile hit and 1 mile power walk..
this forum is pretty addicting! haha! :D

cawiau
07-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Just keep up the good work

heathershubby
07-03-2007, 02:52 PM
And it almost killed me
:)

when ever you go to a section ie/ weight loss or this one Losing Fat Logs all the mods are listed at the bottom of the home page of each section. Just click on a name to send a message.

cai is right though just keep kicking ass.

chrischap01
07-03-2007, 04:25 PM
good work so far man, keep it up!

rmedina8804
07-03-2007, 11:57 PM
i have to say that today was a pretty good day! as i stated earlier, i was able to get my daily cardio of 3 miles! my calorie intake was on point and well timed...

my work out wasn't as intense as i wanted but made sure to get enough repetitions in my sets.. my workout out yesterday was pretty intense leaving my back muscles pretty sore so the motivation for todays workout wasn't fully there.. but fortunately todays focus was biceps, triceps and forearms.. i usually lift to fail in each set but this time i limited myself to 10 each set of 3.. i have at least 3 different lifts for each muscle.. overall today was pretty good, not great but pretty good..

tomorrow is independence day.. what should be a well deserved day off will be treated just like any normal workout day.. no time for half stepping.. i've set a goal and im determined to reach it.. its all about will power people. i still plan on enjoying the fireworks with family and friends, but as far as my routine its still a go...

rmedina8804
07-04-2007, 12:58 PM
good morning bb.com! just finished up my 3 mile cardio... with a 2.5 mile hit and .5 mile power walk... feeling good too! i could of kept going but didnt want to do to much. i have my workout today and of course being 4th of july i got a fun filled day of festivities! so ill think ill keep my workout to the bare minimum.. doing 10 reps per set just like yesterday..

if i dont update later today ill definitely update tomorrow... be safe out there people.. and REMEMBER dont drink and drive!

cawiau
07-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Hey keep up the good work. You are doing great so far

*repped*

rmedina8804
07-05-2007, 01:51 PM
^thanks! whats goen on yall? 4th of july was pretty memorable! fortunately i was able to get my workout in before i went out with the fam! i did cheat a little eating a plate of filipino food.. not alot just half a plate... but played some 5on5 basketball to burn the calories..

today i woke up about 8am took 2 pills of lipo 6, waited 30 mins then ran my 3 mile cardio.. this time only a 2 mile hit with a 1 mile power walk... as for my workout i might miss it because i have to travel back home. its going to be an 8 hour drive.. hopefully i get back home in time to hit the gym.. ill keep yall posted.

cawiau
07-05-2007, 02:36 PM
today i woke up about 8am took 2 pills of lipo 6, waited 30 mins then ran my 3 mile cardio.. this time only a 2 mile hit with a 1 mile power walk... as for my workout i might miss it because i have to travel back home. its going to be an 8 hour drive.. hopefully i get back home in time to hit the gym.. ill keep yall posted.

Nice cardio session
Doing good.

rmedina8804
07-06-2007, 08:01 PM
damn! i didnt end up leaving till this morning! got home around 2pm. so i missed my cardio! wait its not to late.. ill run it in about an hour.. luckily i have a treadmill in the garage! ill keep yall posted!

cawiau
07-07-2007, 01:10 PM
damn! i didnt end up leaving till this morning! got home around 2pm. so i missed my cardio! wait its not to late.. ill run it in about an hour.. luckily i have a treadmill in the garage! ill keep yall posted!

I hope you got a chance to get your cardio in.
Hang in there bro...you have done so well so far so keep at it.

rmedina8804
07-08-2007, 12:11 PM
forgot to update yesterday had so much going on... i was able to get my 3 miles in as usual. as for my workout it was definitely on point until a little mishap. haha! i worked my chest and shoulders hard that day to make up for the past couple days. i was so into it i try to max out with no spotter. mind you i was pretty fatigued but pumped. i tried benching 270, mind you im not strength training, plus i havent benched like this in a couple years.. i use to hit this back when i used to be fit. thinking i could still do it, i went for it... this was definitely a bad idea! i was able to lift off and hit it one time but wasnt able to get it high enough to lay it on the rack... hahahhaha! so this is where i get nervous.. my arms were pretty much given up on me at this point. so i bring it down and let it on my chest which wasnt to bad but trying to lower it down to the floor was definitely something i dont want to experience again. what was i thinking?

just woke up and getting ready to take my lipo 6 and hit the treadmill hard.. ill keep yall posted!

rmedina8804
07-08-2007, 03:12 PM
just finished my 3 mile cardio.. feeling pretty good, like i can do another 3... hhaha.. i kinda cheated on my every monday progress check.. i stepped on a scale something i swore i would do on a weekly basis. but man im pretty stoked! i wont post results untill tomorrow though... haha! i will tell you this the numbers are good! its just incredible how i thought i wouldnt be able to be this dedicated. but i am and ive never felt better in my life!

on another note im gonna tend to some errands and lift later. like i always say. ILL KEEP YA POSTED!

rmedina8804
07-09-2007, 11:02 AM
monday is here! time for an update!

i couldnt believe how fast im losing weight. i went from 237 to 224 in 2 weeks. thats an average of 6.5lbs a week. and now im a 217! thats 20lbs in 3 weeks! im pretty stoked! results like this just keep me motivated to press on!

i just woke up. gonna pop them lipo 6 pills in a few then clean up a little. after that hit the treadmill hard! and pick up my son from his gparents. ill keep yall posted!

cawiau
07-09-2007, 12:24 PM
monday is here! time for an update!

i couldnt believe how fast im losing weight. i went from 237 to 224 in 2 weeks. thats an average of 6.5lbs a week. and now im a 217! thats 20lbs in 3 weeks! im pretty stoked! results like this just keep me motivated to press on!

i just woke up. gonna pop them lipo 6 pills in a few then clean up a little. after that hit the treadmill hard! and pick up my son from his gparents. ill keep yall posted!

good job on the weight loss so far
keep the motivation going.

rmedina8804
07-09-2007, 12:50 PM
^thank you man! im definitely motivated! hopefully i can help inspire everyone else to stay motivated and press on like i am... persistance breaks resistance!

rmedina8804
07-12-2007, 11:25 PM
havent posted in a couple days. sorry about that guys.. but i assure yall ive been on track with my cardio and workouts... except for yesterday with my cardio. for some odd reason my hips were killing me, no idea why! maybe it was from the night before when my lady friend came over.. ill tell you this much i had two cardio sessions that day! i wonder how much calories you burn from that? haha... other than that im starting to get complimented on my hard work. people are actually asking me if i lost weight and if i've been working out. its definitely a great feeling when your hard work gets noticed. it helps boost my motivation..

chrischap01
07-13-2007, 03:26 PM
i wonder how much calories you burn from that? haha...

According to FitDay, about .9 cals per minute for "vigorous effort" and .55 cals for "moderate effort." http://forum.bodybuilding.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

rmedina8804
07-13-2007, 10:20 PM
According to FitDay, about .9 cals per minute for "vigorous effort" and .55 cals for "moderate effort." http://forum.bodybuilding.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

HAHAHAHAHHAHA! HILLARIOUS!

rmedina8804
07-17-2007, 01:44 AM
whats goen on yall? havent been able to update lately... last week was kinda a blur for me. i was really busy. i wasnt able to do my daily cardio or workout friday, sat, or sunday... i know, BAD! but i did manage to eat right. i was so overwhelmed with family that i wasnt able to sneak in any type of training. which sucks cuz my monday update isnt that great.

monday i was able to get in my cardio in only punching in 2.5 miles. that 3 day break messed me up. i was able to get a good chest and shoulder workout today but i noticed i was a little weak then normal. again, blaming the 3 day break.

update: 215 pounds. 2 pound loss the whole week. pretty bad! my one month mark is tomorrow, the 18th. lets see how much damage we can do in two days... ill be sure to take pics.

chrischap01
07-17-2007, 07:05 AM
just stick with it man, you are doing great so far.

rmedina8804
07-22-2007, 01:00 AM
i know ive been slacking with the updates and i still need to post pics. but i promise i'm still cutting and doing my daily training... im currently at 213 and doing 4 miles a day. before i was just listening to music while i ran, now im watching movies and i noticed i lose track of time that way enabling me to run farther and longer. as soon as i have time ill be sure to post pics!

rmedina8804
07-23-2007, 01:19 PM
its not a full body but its a pic. i took this last, i believe thursday. oncei have a full body ill be sure to post it.

http://a486.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/119/l_35918a98d9c0157cbf840f5c8b2c197d.jpg

rmedina8804
07-25-2007, 03:20 AM
whats going on yall?! man, went to golfland sunsplash on sunday with my son and friends and i had no issue with taken my shirt off! it feels good to know that my hard work has paid off! i got alot of compliments about my upperbody. i still have these love handles but i know that they will eventually disapear... as for my cardio man i never thought i'd be able to run as far and for as long as i do. i never even attempted 3 miles in my life and im going well beyond that. today i ran 4.5 miles! im even thinking about running a marathon or what not. we'lll have to see.. as for my current weight im at 213lbs. that 200 mark is just arounf the corner and i have no doubt in my mind that ill reach it in no time at all...

chrischap01
07-30-2007, 06:03 AM
you're getting there, keep it up man!

rmedina8804
08-20-2007, 09:05 PM
wow.. its been a minute since i last posted.. sorry about that.. well as for updates, i havent been progressing much since my last post. my diet and training regiment have pretty much slowed down a whole lot these past couple weeks except this past week. im currently 207, which is a huge difference but not my idea weight loss.. the training rate i was originally at should have put me way under 200, but because of the down time and busy schedule i havent been able to keep up.. now with the motivation back in tact im back and ready to break that 200 mark. i know i can lose it by my next update which is scheduled on mondays.. wish me luck!