PDA

View Full Version : Ezekiel Bread

raven777
10-19-2004, 10:12 AM
I had heard about this type of bread from a friend and just bought it. Its very good and I think its 100% safe to eat. Its 100% flourless/organic/no preservatives/. Vey low sodium, no fat, high fiber etc. I never eat bread but after eating so many yams, brown rice/brown rice cakes, oatmeal.....it helps to add a bit of variety. Its very filling too!! Anyone else try it or have any feedback? Just curious because I've been playing with my diet a bit and I think I needed more good quality carbs. My energy levels have been down lately.

JoannaC
10-19-2004, 10:47 AM
It indeed is very good :)

MotoGirl
10-19-2004, 12:45 PM
Yum-yum!

Ivey_Itch
10-19-2004, 02:40 PM
Hey!
I have some of this bread, and I love it. I try to limit it still though, since it is still not completely natural....but it is great for when I go out of town for the day and need to take a lunch with me.. tuna fish sandwich with the ez. bread.. so good.. i found it's better toasted too! I try to limit it to 2 slices a week, if that much..but it's nice when your craving a slice of bread! :)

Psk
10-19-2004, 03:07 PM
Where do you find that kind of bread? I am living in Vancouver right now..

Ivey_Itch
10-19-2004, 03:11 PM
I got mine at a health food store, i believe most of those type places carry it.

MotoGirl
10-19-2004, 04:45 PM
I got mine at a health food store, i believe most of those type places carry it.

Ditto, and I've only seen it frozen.

Emma-Leigh
10-20-2004, 03:23 AM
T'is good bread - infact it is one of the only breads I suggest people eat if they are going to eat bread (sprouted breads and pumpernickel).

clc0303
10-20-2004, 11:17 AM
I like the kind in the green package (sesame seeds on crust). You can freeze it and it lasts ages. I find it digests much easier than any other bread (sprouted grains) and it so much healthier. It is much better toasted, I agree. I eat one slice/day probably 5 days/wk as the carb part of a meal. I don't see any reason why not to include it in a healthy diet...one slice is only about 80 cals, 14 gms carbs (4 which is fiber anyway) and nothing enriched or whatnot.

Just a side note--I also use this stuff called "fitness bread" from the health food store which I love. It's all natural and all-grains like rye and barley and oats (I don't have the package with me). It's a lot denser than the ezekial and slices are really big so I cut them in half. One whole slice is 130 cals, 22 grams carbs, and 7 grams fiber. They're a great healthy carb and very portable...

Hibiscus09
10-20-2004, 12:12 PM
I just bought my first loaf this past week! It is good! It was in the healthfood section of the regular grocery store in a freezer. They also had cinnamon flavored, but alas, it had sugar. :P

alphafemale
10-20-2004, 12:23 PM
Just a side note--I also use this stuff called "fitness bread" from the health food store which I love. It's all natural and all-grains like rye and barley and oats (I don't have the package with me). It's a lot denser than the ezekial and slices are really big so I cut them in half. One whole slice is 130 cals, 22 grams carbs, and 7 grams fiber. They're a great healthy carb and very portable...
You're referring to Mestemacher. I buy it too! The "Whole Rye" one though not the "Fitness" one. It's a great, whole grain, completely natural bread. A 72 gram slice (which is huge) has 120 calories, 4g protein, 24g carbs, 6g fiber, and no sugar.

Alinasmommy
10-27-2004, 05:29 PM
I like their sprouted tortillas myself! :)

ncgirl21
10-28-2004, 06:40 AM
You can order some of the products off line as well.

clc0303
10-28-2004, 12:10 PM
You're referring to Mestemacher. I buy it too! The "Whole Rye" one though not the "Fitness" one. It's a great, whole grain, completely natural bread. A 72 gram slice (which is huge) has 120 calories, 4g protein, 24g carbs, 6g fiber, and no sugar.

yeah that's it. I've tried all of them and they are too yummy. I think they're from germany or something. reminds me of when I visit my family in scandanavia. How come breads from those areas are generally so much more healthy, no preservatives and refined crap in them? It's my favorite kind of bread. My mom used to put soft butter, cheese, tomatoes, and cukes on it for me when I was little. I do miss that, I have to admit! oh well