PDA

View Full Version : Protein Powder

deedeenc
10-19-2004, 12:39 AM
What protein powder do recommend. I currently use designer whey in chocolate but the taste to me isn't really that great and I just can't force it down anymore.

SEADRA
10-19-2004, 04:09 AM
I find the brand makes a difference on taste. I use Vitamin World's whey in vanilla it tastes awesome. Pinnacle also has a pretty good taste.

nurse2b
10-19-2004, 04:33 AM
I use EAS whey in vanilla from Wal-Mart. Its not great, but I can usually chug it down. I had the Aria kind. Dont waste your money. Its nas-tay. My fiancee uses the one in the red jar from GNC, its something with an "M" but I dont think its myoplex. He says its really good.

sixzebra
10-19-2004, 07:40 AM
If you have the money, Beverly has the best tasting protein out there. Top Shelf! They just came out with cookies and cream that is awesome. They carry several different kinds of protein powders and if you decide to buy some, do a search first. Beverly charges $45 for two pounds, you can definitely get it cheaper other places.

someday
10-19-2004, 07:45 AM
isopure. i buy a huge tub, 7.5 pounds, for $80. i get them at my supplement store, but i know you can get them at gnc too. i know it comes in chocolate, vanilla, strawberry. chocolate is my favorite.

Ivey_Itch
10-19-2004, 08:01 AM
Personally, I love Syntrax with water.. (think i spelled that right)... Elite with Skim Milk, and ON Chocolate Mint with VERY LITTLE WATER.. like 1/2 cup. Those are my favorites..

MotoGirl
10-19-2004, 09:38 AM
My favorite is Optimum Nutrition Double Rich Chocolate for taste. It's also perfect for use with a shaker bottle. No spoons or hand mixers required. Just shake, sip and go!

I found that the ON Mint smelled really good and initially had a good taste, but it left a funky aftertaste.

ON Cookies and Cream was my least favorite of the three. Have not had vanilla.

Ivey_Itch
10-19-2004, 09:49 AM
YES...STAY FAR AWAY FROM ON COOKIES and CREME! YUCK!

tay
10-19-2004, 12:32 PM
There is a new protein powder out by Whey... its called Whey Coolers. I like the iced tea one. You can also get rasberry iced tea, peach, cranberry.... not as thick as other shakes.

PsYoP78
10-19-2004, 12:55 PM
Optimum Nutrition Chocolate 100% Whey all the way.

High quality, instantized, not bad taste.

10 lbs for $45...can't beat the price.

Lil Bullet
10-19-2004, 09:30 PM
ON double rich chocolate is absolutely the best tasting, the mint choc chip is pretty good too. I bought the 5 lb. bucket of cookies and cream, and regretted it b/c it was nasty as hell.

i used to like isopure, but it's so chalky and doesn't mix well in a shaker.

i'm sticking with ON chocolate, maybe i'll try the vanilla when it's done.

Stasha
10-20-2004, 12:29 AM
Beverly International's Muscle Provider is the best tasting whey protein that I have had. True Protein is also very good and less expensive.