PDA

View Full Version : Bodyfat

Tattoogirl4
10-18-2004, 09:51 PM
I just got my bodyfat taken at my gym. They came up with 17.1% bodyfat. I would like to be leaner....much leaner. What would be a reasonable goal. To lose about 5% bodyfat. How many weeks should I allow myself?

imperfectly_lou
10-18-2004, 09:59 PM
17.1% is really good and quite maintainable! Aming for 12% is all fair and well, but then you start heading into competition territory, which means it is quite difficult to maintain. I was under the impression you were trying to gain some muscle before you started competing?

Tattoogirl4
10-18-2004, 11:45 PM
I am not planning to compete for at least a year. I am now wanting to lose some bodyfat, really study my diet and food intake. I want to find out how many calories I need to reduce to lose bodyfat and maintain my muscle by actually dieting a bit and loosing some bodyfat....seeing how much muscle I really have and then once I have my diet nice and clean....I will be able to really strictly put on more muscle without as much guess work....which should help me put on good lean muscle and limit my bodyfat I put on. So that when I am actually start to diet to do the show......I'll know my body a little better by then. Does that make sense to you?

someday
10-19-2004, 07:59 AM
I am not planning to compete for at least a year. I am now wanting to lose some bodyfat, really study my diet and food intake. I want to find out how many calories I need to reduce to lose bodyfat and maintain my muscle by actually dieting a bit and loosing some bodyfat....seeing how much muscle I really have and then once I have my diet nice and clean....I will be able to really strictly put on more muscle without as much guess work....which should help me put on good lean muscle and limit my bodyfat I put on. So that when I am actually start to diet to do the show......I'll know my body a little better by then. Does that make sense to you?

i know exactly what you mean. before i started competing in figure i did a trial run diet to see how my body reacted. i did a 12 week diet and and went from 24% down to 15%. i basically lost a good solid 20 pounds. i stayed there for couple months then started my competion diet. i went from 15% down to about 9% over the 16 week competion diet. obviously this is all relative and weight and bodyfat is only a guideline, but i do feel it is a good way for me to keep myself in check. i believe every 3 pounds of fat you lose is 1%. good luck!

Tattoogirl4
10-20-2004, 09:15 PM
I totally agree. It does keep you in check. I am realizing now how sloppy I really was eating. Just by writing down my diet for the last week. I have figured out where my extra fat intake was coming from. I have figured out places I can reduce calories, and critique and adjust my meals here and there to benefit me more. I am very excited about busting through some plateaus!!!