PDA

View Full Version : cottage cheese ??

sweethead
10-17-2004, 06:59 PM
Ok I have been eating so much cottage cheese and i love it so much, but it seems to be upsetting my stomach and making me very bloated, does this happen to anyone else and i am not sure what to subsitute fot it, i eat lots of egg whites , tuna, whey any suggestions? thanks

Ivey_Itch
10-17-2004, 07:15 PM
are you sure it's the cottage cheese? I know sometimes the whey messes with me! Have you pinpointed it down to the cc though? If you haven't, i would lay off of it for a day or 2 and see if that's really it. It might be the whey.. or the egg whites... try a day eliminating each one, and see which one it is... That way you can be absolutely sure it's the CC! I would be so lost without my cc...that's why i'm just making sure that's what it is, before you toss it completely :)

sweethead
10-17-2004, 07:38 PM
i did not have any whey today and after i ate my cottage cheese and walnuts and oatmeal my stomach got all gassy. i also ate egg whites today but it did not happen after them. tomorrow i wont have cottage cheese or whey and see what happens. I love cottage cheese. thanks for the reply

Aurora
10-17-2004, 10:47 PM
Trust me, its the egg whites.

I cant even eat them anymore. It gets painfull.

I used to make all kinds of protein omelletes, pancakes, muffins, you name it. *sigh* I miss egg whites.

sweethead
10-18-2004, 03:20 PM
well so far today i ate egg whites 7 grain bread , peanut butter , bannana, veggies, and no upset stomach, i guess it is the dairy. That Sucks!!!!
Has anyone tried the lactaid cottage cheese?

Ivey_Itch
10-18-2004, 07:37 PM
Ah, that sucks! I haven't tried it, but if it seems to look good nutritionally, i'd sure give it a try! :)

sweethead
10-20-2004, 06:40 PM
Ok I tried it and its not as good as the one I usually eat but it did not upset my stomach, yea!