PDA

View Full Version : UMM...i need to ask ya girls

sheyla
10-16-2004, 05:24 PM
Ok im newbie here...n actually im starting with this beautiful sport...i have trained for 5 months ...im training 3 hours per day...1 1/2 lifting, 30 min abs, 1 hr spinning...in that order. Im lifting like 15 lbs for each exercise.
Now the point here is ...i want to loose weight...but it is so complicate for me..cuz well...i don't have the enough time to cook my food, or prepare salads an all that stuff..so i don't have an appropiate diet.
I'm so worried about me and my training, cuz lately i'm feeling so tired, n some days that makes me decide not to go to the gym...n after that i feel so sad, and frustrated...
Can anyone help me, or teach me techniques to motivate myself...or something....oh yeah..and could ya please tell me what can i get to eliminate that tireness sensation?
THANK YOU GIRLS..YOU ARE AMAZING.
Hope to make lots of friends here....

Emma-Leigh
10-16-2004, 05:59 PM
ARggggg....!!

And hello and welcome. :D

oh yeah..and could ya please tell me what can i get to eliminate that tireness sensation?
Stop training three hours a day! :rolleyes:

You are seriously overtraining. Not only are you going to burn out, get frustrated and stop going to the gym, but you are also going to be stressing your body enormously - raising stress (cortisol) hormone levels, decreasing thyroid hormone levels (meaning a slower metabolism), decreasing your mental alertness and drive and also just making yourself feel 'depleted' constantly.

Step back, take a break and completely re-think your training. More is not always better.

im training 3 hours per day...1 1/2 lifting, 30 min abs, 1 hr spinning...in that order. Im lifting like 15 lbs for each exercise.
Each day you lift for 1.5 hrs? What do you DO in that time? Do you do the dame exercises each day? Do you split your body over those days? How long do you rest between sets? What type of training are you doing?

You do not need to train abs everyday - 30 minutes each day is rediculous!! I am amazed that you can actually think of 30 minutes of abs exercises to do each day - Do you do the same exercises each day?

1 hr of spinning each day is also overkill - especially AFTER 2 hrs of weight training!!

Also - you lift 15 pounds for each exercise - so does that mean you are using the exact same weight to do, say, squats are you are to do bicep curls?? Don't you think that is a little, ummm, unbalanced?! Think about it - your butt/thighs are about 4 times the size of your upper arm (unless you have massive arms... or a tiny butt...). So, in order to stimulate your butt muscles you are obviously going to have to use a much heavier weight that those weights you are using for smaller muscles like your deltoids (shoulders) and arms.

First - You need one day a week of complete rest. Start having there.

Second - Weight training need not be 1.5hrs a day, but it needs to be done correctly and with appropriate weights for each exercise. Get yourself a GOOD training split and train with GOOD weights. Large compound exercises are best for fat loss (more muscle moving = more metabolic effects). Don't train abs each day, once or twice a week is fine. If you start a proper weight training routine you will find you will not be able to train more than this anyway.

Third - Drop the cardio back. 3 to 4 days a week. Change what type of cardio you do too. The body will adapt if you do not challange it so try different machines, go for a run, do intervals etc.

Now the point here is ...i want to loose weight...but it is so complicate for me..cuz well...i don't have the enough time to cook my food, or prepare salads an all that stuff..so i don't have an appropiate diet.
Ok. Well, this is something you are going to have to prioritise in your life. If it is that important to you, you will make a little time.

Hell, I don't have a lot of time, but I make a POINT of putting time aside to pre-prepare my meals each week. This is usually a sunday (usually from about 6am till 8am - hey, I said I didn't have a lot of free time... :rolleyes: ) where I spend 1 or 2 hrs in the kitchen cooking up some food - I cook up a carb source for the week (boiling beans or barley), make home-made oat protein bars/slice/muffins etc to take with me, and pre-store some meals in containers in the fridge so I can 'grab and go' during the week.

So why not try that - it only takes a few hours.

There are also many foods that are healthy, easy and don't require cooking - vegetables and fruit are two perfect examples. Oats (rolled) can be taken anywhere and don't need cooking. Boil up eggs and store them in the fridge then grab a couple each day and peel them when you need to eat them (then simply discard the yolks as well). Tubs of fat-free/sugar-free yoghurt can be easily portable. Same with tins of tuna, kidney beans, chick-peas or lentils.

Can anyone help me, or teach me techniques to motivate myself...or something....
Self motivation is not something that can be 'taught'. It is something that you need to create in yourself. It is a passion, a drive, a desire, a feeling... or a fear, that you have that leads you to make that decision to step into the gym. Nothing we say or do will give you that. You need to discover why you are really starting body-building...

External motivation can be given - both negative ("if you don't do this I will take away that....") and positive ("If you do this I will give you that..."). But that is a little hard for us, as complete strangers, over the internet. MsFit had a great external motivation tool on her site recently - an award given to the person who transformed themselves the most over 12 weeks... Anyway - these things are short term solutions. Because, if you do not have that internal motivation at the end of the day, when the external motivator goes away you will drop back into your old habits.

We can offer external encouragement/support. That is easy for us to give - We can all sit here and say "You can do it" and "you are doing really well" and "congratulations". We can do this until we are blue in the face. But you still need to have the motivation to keep going.

So you should ask yourself why you are doing it? Why are you going to the gym? What do you hope to achieve? Is it purely about 'asthetics' or are you doing it for the love of it? What do you FEEL when you are training?

These are the types of things that will help you work out if the sport is truely something you love... or if it is another way of torturing yourself so you can loose weight...

MsFit
10-16-2004, 06:01 PM
You are tired because you are over training. Training should not last more than 60 minutes. Your muscle have to recover. If they don't recover, they don't grow.

Abs don't need 30 minutes of training, train them like any other muscle group. Hit them for 5 minutes every other day if you want.

Spinning is over stated too.

Might try splitting your training and cardio so it's balanced.

If you want to lose fat, you must diet properly, and that means preparing, or at least pre-cooking your own meals. I hate it too and I'm sooo freakin tired of cooking it's not funny, but it's a must.

MsFit
10-16-2004, 06:03 PM
Each day you lift for 1.5 hrs? What do you DO in that time?

There you go. That's extra time for cooking and preparing meals. ;)

Knock the resistance training down to 45 minutes every other day and cooking time goes up to 45 minutes on training days and 1.5 hours of off days. :D

Emma-Leigh
10-16-2004, 06:27 PM
There you go. That's extra time for cooking and preparing meals. ;)

Knock the resistance training down to 45 minutes every other day and cooking time goes up to 45 minutes on training days and 1.5 hours of off days. :D

LOL - Perfect!! You could be preparing a feast fit for kings with that amount of free time each day! :D

bscrusher
10-16-2004, 11:21 PM
bump emma and msfit.

is your only goal really just "to loose weight"?

if that is your only goal you have no need of excercise at all, you can just eat less.

maybe you have some other goals concerning your appearance, your strength, physical ability or general well being. think about it.

sheyla
10-17-2004, 02:20 PM
DAMN IT!!! i was almost finishing my reply and this stu*** thing turned off...
Aight here i go again.

First of all, thank you very very much girls for answering this questions.. those advices will be so useful for me...BELIEVE ME!!

Well, this is my "routine" monday arms, tuesday shoulders n lil of back, wednesday supposed to be dedicated for legs (but the truth is that i don't like it too much), thursday arms again, n friday shoulders n back again.
Abs every day 450 abs (girls im sorry but i do not know the names of each exercise ...dumbass..yes!!, not helping huh?).
Spinning class is for 1 hr every day.

I swear i will try to make a space in my day for cooking my food...now the thing is...first of all, i need to find a good diet..cuz im just trying to eat less, less calories, fat, no sodas n blah blah...im not so good with the diets...(i hate that).

You know girls, my objective is first of all, loss weight, n try to build my body i mean get volume n have a cut body too, just like all of you (amazing bodies!!!).

Something else that sux...down here in mexico , we dont have those marvelous and all profesional gyms that u guys have over there.

Anyways i will work out hard this body...i swear.

Everyday when im training , the only thing in my mind is...man i got do it..cuz i wanna be like u girls. (great example).

Oh..and what bout some vitamins???...what do u think?

Girls THANK YOU AGAIN!!!.

I'm fallin' in love with this site, is great!!!

sheyla
10-17-2004, 02:26 PM
oh..i forgot...ummm..when u are in a diet..can you eat some nuts, almonds, peanuts...or is that too much fat???

bscrusher
10-17-2004, 06:31 PM
in mexico you are BLESSED with the lack of giant gyms full of tons of useless, even dangerous equipment.

the only tools you need are a barbell and some plates.

your "routine" makes no sense for any purpose i can think of. "weight loss" is a false goal. your real goal is fat loss. correct?

if you really want to lose fat, you want to start a muscle mass building program.

you know what? i think you need to get a grip on yourself. did you even read any of the posts people are writing for you? so you still intend to do "lifting", cardio and abs 5 days a week? so one hour of cardio is already 15 minutes over the limit, plus lifting for how long? and abs for how long? that is insane. that is going to put your face in the dirt with a quickness even if you do all that at a very low intensity and you have very rare powers of recovery.

i have posted the best way to get lean on this thread....

"let me know what you think..." started by AliceDiane.

sheyla
10-17-2004, 06:48 PM
ok that was rude!!!!!...i'm sorry!!! i told you im new in all this...of course i have read the messages the girls posted for me!!!!
Remember??? MEXICO???? does that tell ya something???? IM TRYING TO DO IT BETTER!!! but i hafta learn first!!!!!
thank you anywayz...
n ok, i thought loosing weight it would be the same of burning fat.
Geez...u didnt hafta be that rude with me!!!!

imperfectly_lou
10-17-2004, 07:42 PM
Shayla, did you read the messages above about overtraining???

krankyprincess
10-18-2004, 02:27 PM
if you have time to train 3 hours a day, why dont you just shave off 2 hours and cook in those hours? Everyone is right, 3 hours a day is waaaay too much. It won't help you achieve the body you want.

Liquid
10-18-2004, 02:38 PM
LOL - Perfect!! You could be preparing a feast fit for kings with that amount of free time each day! :D
lol, maybe she can prepare my meals as well :D

-Liquid "King of kings" :p