PDA

View Full Version : What I found to be very effective

bigpump23
10-16-2004, 07:37 AM
In getting cut. Now before I start I am not going to claim this will work for everyone but maybe it will, it has worked well for me. I was inspired by the punisher actually, I had remember reading awhile ago about something he did for his diet but paid no mind until i saw how ripped he was in the movie. His secret was that for the first 6 weeks or so all he consumed was myoplex shakes(high protein low carb) to get his body under control. I then remember reading in the USA Today about a mayor/governor in a downsount state that also used that method to get his body fat under control. So I tried it, as you can see in my signature it worked. I started at 222 with 10.2 %bf, now I am 211 at 8.6% bf, I find this way to be highly effective. I eat a solid breakfast, usually oatmeal and egg whites, lunch will be protein in milk also having a yogurt, mid-day is the same, dinner is a chicken and vegetables and night-time is protein in milk. By doing it in milk you get the feeling of being full

it worked for me maybe it'll work for you

Clipse
10-16-2004, 08:06 AM
Whats your split like, and how many grams of protein does your whey have?

bigpump23
10-16-2004, 08:51 AM
Whats your split like, and how many grams of protein does your whey have?

use optimum's 100% whey so each shake is 23g's at times I will add an extra 15g's from a myoplex no carb shake. Also on days like today when I have to work for a few hours my lunch will consist of a yogurt and a protein shake that is 1scoop optimum whey and 1-1 1/2 scoop(s) of muscle milk

training Spilt-5 days on 2 dys off, may go to 3 or 4 days on for the remaninder of my cut

bigpump23
10-17-2004, 08:11 AM
i'll bump as I find this interesting

BodyBuild03
10-17-2004, 08:25 AM
i'll bump as I find this interesting

so what is your find... that you find adding diary to u routine is beneficial for you?

skelooth
10-17-2004, 08:35 AM
yeah that diet doesn't sound too bad palette wise either. As long as the diet includes egg whites, it sounds good to me :)

bigpump23
10-18-2004, 08:22 AM
so what is your find... that you find adding diary to u routine is beneficial for you?

yes

BodyBuild03
10-18-2004, 11:04 AM
yes

and that you incorporate it into your whey protein or what? mpst people find it beneficial to cut out diary

Illuminati
10-18-2004, 11:33 AM
somehow i doubt thats very healthy... all he consumed was myoplex shakes? well his diet would have worked because he was cutting out carbs and fats, which means he was on a severely restricted calorie diet..

A.FreeRadical
10-18-2004, 11:45 AM
Personally, I think (non fat) dairy gets a bad rap. The carbs are lactose which is a simple carb yet it doesn't effect the body the same way as other simple carbs do. Dairy does have easily digestable protein (if you aren't lactose intolerant).

There was a recent study that indicated that those on a diet of 3 or 4 servings of non fat dairy (milk, yogurt, hard cheese) per day lost more weight than those taking calcium supplements. Those taking calcium supplements lost more than those a minimal dietary amount of calcium from dairy. All three groups had the same diet with a deficit designed to lose weight. The amount of calcium and type is the only thing that varied.

Here is a quote from an interview with the fellow who did the research:

"The question is whether within those calories are there choices you can make that will enhance the results," says Novotny. "I think the findings suggest that dairy products and calcium can be helpful in preserving muscle, losing fat from the upper body, and actually enhancing the weight loss process."

I posted the article here: http://www.ediets.com/community/supportGroups/OpenThread.cfm?forum=320&ThreadID=485403&showdays=5&UserArticles=all

bigpump23
10-18-2004, 11:46 AM
and that you incorporate it into your whey protein or what? mpst people find it beneficial to cut out diary

well people cut out diary because they find that it hinders them from getting paper thin appearance, these people also compete, for thos eof use who don't do we really need to be paper thin. I'll cut diary out when i get my bf below 6 percent

NicktheRoofer
10-18-2004, 12:03 PM
well people cut out diary because they find that it hinders them from getting paper thin appearance, these people also compete, for thos eof use who don't do we really need to be paper thin. I'll cut diary out when i get my bf below 6 percent

im sorry, how does one get a 'paper-thin' appearance by cutting out dairy, even if their below 6%??

bigpump23
10-18-2004, 12:17 PM
im sorry, how does one get a 'paper-thin' appearance by cutting out dairy, even if their below 6%??

i've heard this resoning because some say diary makes you hold subcontanous water(water under the skin)

Liquid
10-18-2004, 01:49 PM
or maybe they cut it out because a glass of no fat milk is ~100 calories

Now that may not be an insanely huge number but it is something to cut. People usually add milk to meals when bulking and they wouldnt want to take out something from their meals (for example chicken) when cutting so they take out the milk. It makes perfect sense!

skelooth
10-18-2004, 01:53 PM
I hate dairy. I had to talk myself into drinking whey protein. Dairy is evil, and causes your arteries to get brittle over time. I forget where I read it, but there's some research that says a huge cause of heart disease is from dairy.

bigpump23
10-18-2004, 02:41 PM
calicum helps in cutting, using skim milk is fine, when you cut

A.FreeRadical
10-18-2004, 04:10 PM
I hate dairy. I had to talk myself into drinking whey protein. Dairy is evil, and causes your arteries to get brittle over time. I forget where I read it, but there's some research that says a huge cause of heart disease is from dairy.

Heart disease comes from many things, but consumption of saturated fat is a big factor. You can drink non fat milk or eat non fat yogurt and cheese and get the advantages of dairy without the fats.

kbickham
10-18-2004, 06:28 PM

lol.......go read a pre-contest log/diet/program. by paper thin, he is reffering to contest state... around 3.5%bf in some cases.

rwindleyme02
10-18-2004, 08:07 PM
So essentially this is a "slim-fast-type" diet with an extra shake before bed?

topack
10-20-2004, 04:52 PM
is there any muscle mass loss in this process???

bigpump23
10-20-2004, 06:55 PM
is there any muscle mass loss in this process???

extremely minor

topack
10-20-2004, 07:14 PM
so you used EAS Myoplex Lite right, since it has lower carb and fat than the original myoplex, it has lower amount of protein though just 25g.....

thanx 4 sharing your experience bro.

trusolman
10-20-2004, 10:05 PM
do you really consider your muscle loss to have been extremely minor? according to your statistics you've lost 11 lbs., but only about 4.5 lbs of that is fat if your bodyfat measures are correct. that means you've lost 6.5 lbs. of muscle at the same time.

extremely minor

tengals123
10-21-2004, 02:33 AM
body water maybe. not all muscle. but to the point. i doesnt matter what you eat/take it all has + and - effects on your body. milk/dairy bad artteries/BETTER BONES. It's the same with everything though. Greg Elder cut while drinking beer! cheers

bigpump23
10-21-2004, 06:08 AM
do you really consider your muscle loss to have been extremely minor? according to your statistics you've lost 11 lbs., but only about 4.5 lbs of that is fat if your bodyfat measures are correct. that means you've lost 6.5 lbs. of muscle at the same time.

measure it how every you ant but I have no lost 6 pounds of muscle, while I do look skinner yes and some muscle has been lost, nothing drastic. Also as I have stated in another thread, I look bigger today then i did 1 month ago

topack
10-22-2004, 08:29 AM
is it EAS Myoplex (New Formula) or EAS Myoplex Lite???
and is it for 6 weeks????

thanx

bigpump23
10-22-2004, 08:52 AM
is it EAS Myoplex (New Formula) or EAS Myoplex Lite???
and is it for 6 weeks????

thanx

it's myoplex lite but that's not what i'm using, the myoplex was what the punisher used. It doesn't really matter, just get a good protein powder and your fine. I use optimum's 100% whey,

topack
10-22-2004, 10:41 AM
for how long should u stick with it???
is it six weeks or as long as u want?

thanx bro.

bigpump23
10-22-2004, 11:54 AM
for how long should u stick with it???
is it six weeks or as long as u want?

thanx bro.

well right now this is the end of week 4 and I've made great gains, truthfully I started this cutting cycle just to kill time until BSn Cell Mass( which is still not out) came out. i was stuck in a rut, on no supps, just eating anything i wanted but I knew i wanted to do 2-3 "cuts" before next summer so I figured this was a good time, also with the holiday season upcoming, i figured why not. I'll probably cut for a max another 2 weeks, it's hard with halloween candy around but i'll cut for another 2 weeks max then get on a lean bulk

i can't say how long U should stick with it, the thing I found about diets is that they only work for as long as you can stick with it. i used to diet in the past for only 3 weeks cause I was always starving, this time with the added milk and eating som ejunk here and there i found I was able to go longer, so whatever is comfortable for you

topack
10-22-2004, 12:27 PM
keep up the good work man.

best luck with bodybuilding

bigpump23
11-05-2004, 06:46 PM
just an update, this is the end of week 6 and I am finally off of this diet, the last 2 weeks were killer. For the first 4 weeks i was feeling good, hadn't lost much muscle but during the last 2 weeks I was feeling flat and felt like i did lose some muscle. All said and done i would recommend this diet to anyone who wants to lose fat and get cut fast but do not do it for more then 4 weeks

Sp1ke
11-24-2004, 02:40 PM
ok so basically all you had was protien shakes for every meal?

skelooth
11-24-2004, 03:02 PM
ok so basically all you had was protien shakes for every meal?

lol yeah but look at his BF% :P

AssToGrass
11-24-2004, 06:38 PM
Cuz I'm a numbers nerd:

Before:

222 at 10.2% BF
Lean: 199.35
Fat: 22.64

After:

211 at 8.6% BF
Lean: 192.85
Fat: 18.14

Net:
Lean Lost: 6.5 lbs
Fat Lost: 4.5 lbs

Lost more lean than fat. Check this article out. Go to the bottom and read the section regarding results of cutting and bulking between lean and fat subjects. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/berardi40.htm

But in all seriousness thumbs up for being ripped! I would give up a couple of lean pounds to get in that BF% range. But as you will read in the article low BF% subjects who cut need to be especially careful about intake. Cheers!

Graphite
11-24-2004, 06:49 PM
As long as your taking Multivitamins w/that diet, then there is no problems with it.

bigpump23
11-25-2004, 09:18 AM
I feel i did this diet for too long, i did it for 6 weeks, doing this for 2-3 weeks would make it the most effective, defaintly a get right for the summer diet

Sp1ke
11-26-2004, 09:56 PM
How many times a day and how often did youd rink your protein shake?

Did you drink it with milk or water?

bigpump23
11-27-2004, 07:28 AM
How many times a day and how often did youd rink your protein shake?

Did you drink it with milk or water?

a typical day on this diet

Wake-up -whey shake in water,
cardio 20-30 mins
Vaso-pro and prolab cut's

6 egg whites, 1 cup oatmeal

Preworkout-apple or some other low GI fruit

Post-workout- orange or another low Gi fruit
protein shake in water

Afternoon-protein shake in skim milk, half a pound of chicken and some vegetables

Mid-afternoon-protein shake in skim milk, yogurt

Dinner-Chicken or lean beef

Afterdinner-cottage cheese

bed-casein shake in skim milk

freebsd
11-27-2004, 07:35 AM
hmm interesting. The only time you'd consume carbs is before you workout and that's it? so for 4 weeks all you had is protein shake and solid proteins?

JMD
12-06-2004, 03:28 PM
Bump Im going to do this.

yankees3
12-06-2004, 03:41 PM
are you going to start a journal or post on this thread?

JMD
12-06-2004, 04:03 PM
eh,I'll just post in this thread.

bigpump23
12-06-2004, 05:03 PM
hmm interesting. The only time you'd consume carbs is before you workout and that's it? so for 4 weeks all you had is protein shake and solid proteins?
yes, now I would only recommend doing this for 3-4 weeks tops, after week 4 i started to notice muscle loss

bigpump23
12-06-2004, 05:08 PM
Bump Im going to do this.

good, i think this kind of diet is one that will allow you to hold onto muscle while losing fat rapildy,

bigpump23
12-10-2004, 10:11 AM
Anyone curremtly trying this out?

ck85abc
12-10-2004, 10:22 AM
Im confused. Your talking about having nothing but myoplex shakes. Yet I see you talking about yogart, eggs, ect...

bigpump23
12-10-2004, 01:40 PM
Im confused. Your talking about having nothing but myoplex shakes. Yet I see you talking about yogart, eggs, ect...

Nothing but Myoplex was a refernece to a diet I based mine on. I had whey shakes in milk but i also consumed foods high in protein(cottage cheese, eggs, chicken, yogurt)

klifter
12-11-2004, 12:23 AM
no, he said he also had whey in skim milk>? so skim milk =carbs, 13g per cup

cardioking
12-11-2004, 04:07 AM
Can someone post the original "punisher" diet? Also, if he discusses his results can someone post that too? Thanks. I would like to try it but I don't want a modified diet. Obviously (by watching the movie) he did it for the 6 weeks and didn't lose any muscle.

bigpump23
12-11-2004, 07:42 AM
Can someone post the original "punisher" diet? Also, if he discusses his results can someone post that too? Thanks. I would like to try it but I don't want a modified diet. Obviously (by watching the movie) he did it for the 6 weeks and didn't lose any muscle.

he also used anabolics

stedes
12-11-2004, 04:40 PM
I might try this

JMD
12-11-2004, 07:12 PM

You want to try his diet? LOL here is what i took off google :

MacLaren started Jane on a cardiovascular workout of 45 minutes, three to four times a week, using an elliptical trainer. Later in the training, the cardio workout was ramped up to one-to-two hour sessions, five or six days a week. Jane lifted weights four days a week, alternating between power-lifting routines and bodybuilding routines, which would focus on isolated muscle groups. A typical weight session would last 90 minutes, and was sometimes performed twice in the same day, a strategy that sped results.

Jane’s diet changed frequently over the course of training to achieve the target body fat number of 8%. After starting on a restricted diet that allowed him to lose weight constantly, he was switched to a zero-carbohydrate diet, known as “Opus One,” for four weeks. During the five or six days a week that Jane followed “Opus One,” he was allowed nothing but lean proteins and fat. As Jane’s schedule got busier as the start of production neared, he was switched to a primarily liquid diet. He maintained that diet for much of the film’s production, eating one solid meal a day, and eating more regularly on weekends or off days. “He had an incredibly intense drive to maintain this diet,” MacLaren reports. “He got more and more lean every week of the shoot, which never happens.

cardioking
12-12-2004, 02:17 AM
Why did you say "You want to try this diet? LOL" for? Who are you? Why did you LOL? why do you not think I should try it? Back up what you say or shut your mouth. These forums are to inform and back up statements with facts.If you can't back it up with relevant info then stop posting.

And Bigpump23 how do you know he used Anabolics? Did he say it? Did you see the lines where he shot up? Same thing with you. Back up your statements. He didn't really look big enough to be juicing.

bigpump23
12-12-2004, 08:39 AM
And Bigpump23 how do you know he used Anabolics? Did he say it? Did you see the lines where he shot up? Same thing with you. Back up your statements. He didn't really look big enough to be juicing.

and your reason for starting before in this thread? Look at him any time before the movie and anytime after, his body was ****. He even stated himself that he hated getting in shape and that the day after the movie was over, he was back on his couch with beer, chips and donuts. He's a middle of the road actor looking for a big break and it is is hollywood, where your appearance is all that counts. If you want to be close-minded and truely belive that he didn't use juice go ahead, believe it, I could careless but more people juice then people realize and you don't have to get huge when you juice, that's the misconcpetion about it

skelooth
12-12-2004, 08:57 AM
^ word.

juicing is just as popular as ever, if not more. The only difference is, the users do a better job of keeping it from the public finding out. Chances are you will never actually SEE someone at your gym giving themself a shot in the ass... but rest assured, there's guys doing it in the toilet stall when no one is in the locker room ;)

Just look at what's going on with ML baseball right now.

bigpump23
12-13-2004, 08:28 AM
let's get back on track

cardioking
12-13-2004, 11:38 AM
I guess the thing that got me was when you said you found an interview where his trainer said that he was pretty much hellbent on sticking to his diet.

Also, I can see where 6-8 protein shakes a day would cause you to get that kind of build he had in the movie. It wouldn't be that hard to slowly but surely switch your protein shakes into solid food and still have the same quality as with the shakes. Incorporate a chicken breast or a can of tuna in place of shake #1, Salmon or Halibut for shake #2. Things like that. It can be used as a crash diet and then switched over to a legitimate life change after desired results to maintain.

Marine man
12-21-2004, 01:52 AM
Sounds like the old fat fast popularized in T-mag. It's just a liquid version of a PSMF. I am actually gonna start it now (have tons of protein powder, not a large selection of healthy whole foods). I'll start a log.

bigpump23
12-21-2004, 05:59 AM
Sounds like the old fat fast popularized in T-mag. It's just a liquid version of a PSMF. I am actually gonna start it now (have tons of protein powder, not a large selection of healthy whole foods). I'll start a log.

never got it off of t-mag. My own ideas basically, lol.. start the log bro and good luck but remember do it for no more then 3 weeks

Marine man
12-21-2004, 06:00 AM
I wasn't saying you got it from there, just making the comparison. Why no more than three weeks?

Seedos
12-21-2004, 09:07 AM
You want to try his diet? LOL here is what i took off google :

MacLaren started Jane on a cardiovascular workout of 45 minutes, three to four times a week, using an elliptical trainer. Later in the training, the cardio workout was ramped up to one-to-two hour sessions, five or six days a week. Jane lifted weights four days a week, alternating between power-lifting routines and bodybuilding routines, which would focus on isolated muscle groups. A typical weight session would last 90 minutes, and was sometimes performed twice in the same day, a strategy that sped results.

Jane’s diet changed frequently over the course of training to achieve the target body fat number of 8%. After starting on a restricted diet that allowed him to lose weight constantly, he was switched to a zero-carbohydrate diet, known as “Opus One,” for four weeks. During the five or six days a week that Jane followed “Opus One,” he was allowed nothing but lean proteins and fat. As Jane’s schedule got busier as the start of production neared, he was switched to a primarily liquid diet. He maintained that diet for much of the film’s production, eating one solid meal a day, and eating more regularly on weekends or off days. “He had an incredibly intense drive to maintain this diet,” MacLaren reports. “He got more and more lean every week of the shoot, which never happens.

Here is all u need to know about Thomas Janes Diet for THE PUNISHER

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=375818

BenchPsr83
12-21-2004, 07:04 PM
Well, I really like the look of this diet. I can drink protein powder all day long, especially if its in milk. And doing it for only 2-3 weeks? Perfect! I can maintain just fine, it's cutitng calories thats hard for me, especially if I have to do it for a while.

My goal is to strip out as much fat as possible between Jan 9 (when I get back from Christmas break) and March 5 (the start of spring break).

I figure I'll go on this diet (basically all chicken and myoplex) for 2 weeks when I get back, then slowly increase my calories for a week or two, and then go on this for the two weeks before spring break.

As for working out, I figure lifting two days, and the dreaded treadmill or bike for 3 other days.

Sounds like it will get me ripped to shreds or no?

-GS

PS. The only real question I have is whether I should lift for 5 days or lift 2 and do cardio for 3. I was originally going to just cut my overall calories by about 300-500, but I'd HATE doing that for 2 months.

Really, does cardio still work on this diet or should I just lift?

bigpump23
12-22-2004, 04:52 AM
Well, I really like the look of this diet. I can drink protein powder all day long, especially if its in milk. And doing it for only 2-3 weeks? Perfect! I can maintain just fine, it's cutitng calories thats hard for me, especially if I have to do it for a while.

My goal is to strip out as much fat as possible between Jan 9 (when I get back from Christmas break) and March 5 (the start of spring break).

I figure I'll go on this diet (basically all chicken and myoplex) for 2 weeks when I get back, then slowly increase my calories for a week or two, and then go on this for the two weeks before spring break.

As for working out, I figure lifting two days, and the dreaded treadmill or bike for 3 other days.

-GS

PS. The only real question I have is whether I should lift for 5 days or lift 2 and do cardio for 3. I was originally going to just cut my overall calories by about 300-500, but I'd HATE doing that for 2 months.

lift more then twice a week, no less then 3 times a week or else you won't get ripped. DO cardio at least 4 times a week, and at least twice on an empty stomach. With this diet, espeically for 3 weeks, you'll be able to lean out considerably yet hold onto your muscle

bigpump23
12-22-2004, 04:57 AM

-GS

lift more then twice a week, no less then 3 times a week or else you won't get ripped. DO cardio at least 4 times a week, and at least twice on an empty stomach. With this diet, espeically for 3 weeks, you'll be able to lean out considerably yet hold onto your muscle

BenchPsr83
12-23-2004, 12:24 AM
So, how about cardio 4 times a week in the morning and lifting 3-4 times a week in the afternoon during the PSMF cycle?

And what combination of reps/sets did you use during it? I was thinking high weight/low reps on some compound exercises (like 4 sets of 3 reps of bench and squat) and some lower weight/higher reps isolation exercises (5x5 biceps, delts, etc.)?

Thanks a ton!

-GS

bigpump23
12-23-2004, 11:51 AM
So, how about cardio 4 times a week in the morning and lifting 3-4 times a week in the afternoon during the PSMF cycle?

And what combination of reps/sets did you use during it? I was thinking high weight/low reps on some compound exercises (like 4 sets of 3 reps of bench and squat) and some lower weight/higher reps isolation exercises (5x5 biceps, delts, etc.)?

Thanks a ton!

-GS

looks good, good luck, keep me updated

BenchPsr83
12-23-2004, 03:51 PM
I had one other thought/question:

Is there any way to prevent your metabolism from slowing down and getting used to the lower caloric intake?

It sounds like from your experience that your metabolism continued at high revs until 4 weeks or so into it when you started losing more muscle. Does that make sense?

-GS