PDA

View Full Version : Critique my diet

NewGuy
05-30-2002, 06:48 AM
Ok, I have been on a diet, lifting weights and cardio for about 20 weeks. I have lost roughly 30 lbs and 7-10% bodyfat. I am 6'3" and went from 245 down to 214. Now I have gained 5 lbs back in the last 3-4 weeks. I am at a point now that I am not losing weight(I don't want to lose anymore).

My weekly routine is 3 days lifting, 4 days off. I lift on Monday, Tues, and Thursday.

Monday: chest, tri's and 20 mins cardio
Tuesday: shoulders, forearms and 20 mins cardio
Thursday: bi's, back and 20 mins cardio
Saturday: 20 mins cardio, abs

My diet conists mainly of 60/30/10 protein, carbs and fat. I eat around 2000 cals a day.150-175 grams of protein. I take in roughly 125 grams of carbs a day and less than 40 grams of fat.

I have seen pretty drastic appearance changes. My bodyfat is roughly 13%. I have a flat stomach but my abs are not showing thru. Is there a bodyfat % number that I need to be at for this to occur?

Right now my supplements are Cell-Tech(been on for 3 weeks), Protein shakes(2 a day), and a multivitamin pill. I have taken hydroxycut which really worked well for me.

Any replies would be greatly apprecitated. If you need more info let me know. Thanks

newRomeo15
05-30-2002, 10:56 AM
lay off the cell-tech and if u really wanna take creatine while cutting go for a normal creatine without sugar or one with a reasonable amount of dextrose in it. Also if u're dead in ur tracks and not losing any more try and change some stuff up, it will keep u interested and prevent ur body from adapting. Try High Intensity Interval training cardio instead of normal cardio. Change your workout split, change your foods, decrease your calories by 100 cals, take some l-glutamine with the money you save from not buying cell-tech. and change ur exercises.

Peace Out

musmar
05-31-2002, 07:20 PM
Your bf level must be at the single digits for your abs to really show, so you need to keep cutting until you achieve that (maybe another 5-7 lbs to lose). Lay off the CellTech completely and get regular creatine and/or glutamine. Also increase your protein to 200-220 grams per day coming mainly from chicken, turkey, eggwhites, tuna, cottage cheese and protein shakes. Your carbs are ok but make sure you go very low in the evening. Eat more vegetables after 6pm. Increase your cardio to 5 days a week, either after weight training or in the morning on an empty stomach, for 30-40 minutes.

GOOD LUCK

97LT1
06-01-2002, 11:36 AM
Something i would have said. :D