PDA

View Full Version : Never ending period

Psk
10-15-2004, 09:51 PM
Hi all.. I have a little problem.. 3 weeks ago I started dieting (again) after a break of around 2 months.. I started with a low carb diet (South Beach Diet) and since then my period started 2 weeks in advance and has kept going for a week. I know I have to go to the doc, but I can`t go if I am still bleeding!! Did this happen to some of you? Thanks a lot in advance!!

imperfectly_lou
10-15-2004, 11:49 PM
How long do you normally bleed for? I would probably go see your doctor just to check everything is ok (can't understand why you say you can't go if you are still bleeding?)

dressagerulz23
10-16-2004, 10:44 PM
a week is still in the normal range... i've heard anything from 3-12 days as being normal... the year i got mine was pure hell... f*ck! i would have KILLED to have it for (ONLY) a week, as it used to last, on average, two weeks :eek: although, i have to say, ONCE i was lucky and it only lasted for 3 days... but i sure as hell paid the time it lasted 21 days :eek: :mad: but that was 7+ yrs. ago... havent had to deal w/ any menstural sh!t since... w/ one excpetion: the ONE period i got since then (courtesy of my docs that put me on birth control) lasted 14 days... after that (and a resulting severe injury to my sacroiliac ligament/joint area), i said screw this BC biz!

hotgymchick
10-17-2004, 07:22 AM
Like the other girls said (hey Amy! :) ) a week is normal. Sometimes women have all sorts of issues. I get my period once in awhile, and when I do I have severe PMS for weeks beforehand, debilitating cramps and back pain, ovarian cysts, then I bleed for 2 days and its over with. If you're worried, I'd see your doc, but if its just a problem of too long I don't think you have much to worry about.

Psk
10-17-2004, 01:47 PM
Thanks for your answers!! Do you think it is because of the diet and because I am loosing weight? (I have lost 4.5 lbs in 3 weeks)
Thanks again!

dressagerulz23
10-18-2004, 10:32 PM
Like the other girls said (hey Amy! :) ) a week is normal. Sometimes women have all sorts of issues. I get my period once in awhile, and when I do I have severe PMS for weeks beforehand, debilitating cramps and back pain, ovarian cysts, then I bleed for 2 days and its over with. If you're worried, I'd see your doc, but if its just a problem of too long I don't think you have much to worry about.
Hey Kristen! how's it going!?! gosh that TOTALLY SUCKS what you go thru... i never got the PMS that bad (except for the overeating and fatigue... that was fu*king SEVERE!) but sh!t, ovarian cysts... and cramps that painful!?! is your gynecologist doing anything/prescribing anything for you... gosh if i had to put up w/ all that, i'd demand an ablation (but if you want kids that wouldn't be an option).

how's your diet/training going? a few months ago you said you were gonna get you bf% done and that you were expecting to be around 10%! that is AWESOME! i'm at 14.5% (supposedly), although i think 12-13% is more like it... since i've lost like 4-5 lbs. in the past 2 months... FINALLY at my weight goal! but the thing is, the trainer whose been doing my bf did a friend of mine's bf% as well (who came in a 19.something %), yet with a trainer w/ more experience, my friend was 12.5%. anywayz, i hope all is going well w/ you...

btw, i was wondering, what year are u in school? i'm a 2nd year senior and like flipping out... i'm gonna graduate this coming spring and feel so directionless... ERRRRR, i so CANT picture the 9-5, 8 hr. workday thing... even doing something i absolutely LOVE (like horseback riding or working out... the thought of EIGHT hours is just TOO MUCH)... and then there's the whole eating thing... i NEED a job where i can get breaks to eat cuz i'm not gonna do the "typical average American" stuff yourself 3 meal a day thing :mad: screw the 30 minute lunch thing... 5 min x 3 is all i need!

intrain_n
10-19-2004, 10:55 AM
I posted a similar problem a few months back, for the last 7 months I've been getting my period every 2 weeks!!! One would last a stong 8 days the other about 3. I was on the pill and dieting for about a year before all of this began.

I was seeking medical attention, my doc switched my pills several times, did a few pregnancy tests and I had a few ultra sounds, just a few weeks ago I had a D&C to check for fibriods or polyps, of course they found nothing (which is a good thing) but I still don't know what the problem is. Now I'm off the pill and on the ring and in a few months we'll see it if I'm back to my normal cycle. Because of the D&C I had the worst period of my life this past weekend!!

Unfortunatly all of this has been going on will I'm preparing for a show this weekend.

I hope you figure out your problem soon. I feel your pain!!