PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please tell me what is going on?

souldamage2004
10-15-2004, 05:17 PM
Four months ago I started on my quest to lose 50Lbs. I started out at 220Lbs with 21% BF. I have made some great progress, I am now 195Lbs with 17% BF. My question though is, for the last 3 weeks I haven't lost a single pound. I am staying right at 195Lbs, but I am obviously losing fat because my clothes are getting loser. My goal was to reach 170Lbs, but with my unchanging weight, but with obvious fat loss, should I change my goal weight to a higher number? Thanx for all the help I have received on these forums. Without you guys, I wouldn't have made it to where I am now.

BodyBuild03
10-15-2004, 06:03 PM
Four months ago I started on my quest to lose 50Lbs. I started out at 220Lbs with 21% BF. I have made some great progress, I am now 195Lbs with 17% BF. My question though is, for the last 3 weeks I haven't lost a single pound. I am staying right at 195Lbs, but I am obviously losing fat because my clothes are getting loser. My goal was to reach 170Lbs, but with my unchanging weight, but with obvious fat loss, should I change my goal weight to a higher number? Thanx for all the help I have received on these forums. Without you guys, I wouldn't have made it to where I am now.

here are some plateau busting articles... quick ideas are
1. increase intensity
2. increase cardio
3. decrease cals

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=PlateauBusting

MotoGirl
10-15-2004, 06:04 PM
Sounds like that evil "P" word....PLATEAU!! Dun-dun-dun....

Congratulations on your progress!! Do not get too discouraged. I'm sure there are plenty of folks with more knowledge than I, but I'd suggest changing things up a bit. Maybe take a week off and start something fresh. Change out a few exercises for something else. Every 6 weeks I take my least favorite exercise for each body part and replace it with something different.

Change your diet macros around. That usually sparks some progress for me, combined with what I said above.

You could raise your caloric intake by a couple hundred cals, or lower it, etc.

Just a few ideas to get you started and to bump this back to the top!

Good luck! :)

souldamage2004
10-15-2004, 07:40 PM
But the thing is, I am still losing bodyfat but my weight stays the same. Could I be doing the near impossible and adding significant muscle while losing fat?

A.FreeRadical
10-15-2004, 07:40 PM
here are some plateau busting articles... quick ideas are
1. increase intensity
2. increase cardio
3. decrease cals

4. acknowledge that he is gaining muscle.

Souldamage2004 ignore the scale. The tape measure wants to talk to you. You are losing fat and gaining muscle. This is not a bad thing. Just don't measure it in pounds.

souldamage2004
10-15-2004, 07:54 PM
Well the only thing I have been using the tape for is measuring my waist and my neck for the U.S. Navy formula for measuring bodyfat. (Not completely acutate, but its all I've got.) Just below my naval I've gone from 40" to 36" and my neck has gone from 18" to 19.25". Giving a BF% of 17%. Which brings me to another question. What % do I need to get to start looking cut? I am 5'9", 195Lbs and 17% BF.

BodyBuild03
10-15-2004, 07:56 PM
That could be an option but the likelyhood that he is recording the same bodyfat doesnt backup the statement but hey just go by the good ol mirror look and fit of the pants! those never lie

A.FreeRadical
10-15-2004, 08:53 PM
Which brings me to another question. What % do I need to get to start looking cut? I am 5'9", 195Lbs and 17% BF.

I am 5'9", 178 and 12-14% bodyfat. We need to do better than that. My goal is to get 175 and 10% body fat. Getting rid of 6 lbs of fat and adding 3 lbs of muscle would make one hell of a difference on me.

Tanked
10-15-2004, 09:02 PM
get some lipo-6 from nutrex it appears to be rather effective in loosening stored fat cells and lowering new fat production

taffer
10-15-2004, 11:47 PM
going to need more info on your diet and workout, you give us very little detail, there could be alot of problems
most likely you arent eating enough... how fast are you losing weight? how many calories do you take in? what are your macronutrient breakdowns? do you weight train? and WHAT do you eat!

important things we need to know!

Natbornthrilla
10-16-2004, 04:42 AM
Well the only thing I have been using the tape for is measuring my waist and my neck for the U.S. Navy formula for measuring bodyfat. (Not completely acutate, but its all I've got.) Just below my naval I've gone from 40" to 36" and my neck has gone from 18" to 19.25". Giving a BF% of 17%. Which brings me to another question. What % do I need to get to start looking cut? I am 5'9", 195Lbs and 17% BF.

What is the Navy formula for bf%? I'm curious

CR2255
10-16-2004, 12:09 PM
Here's 2 sites where you can plug in some numbers to calculate your BF:

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/bfb

http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html

(there's probably many more out there which can be found on Google)