PDA

View Full Version : Eating befor bed!?

alex_uf
10-14-2004, 11:43 AM
Hi guys!As I know and read,eating before bed is bad bad bad.But I know also that eating after training is important.I train mainly in the evening from 20:00 to 22:00 and then I go to bed and I don't know whether to eat or not.Can somebody answer my question? (Changing my training time is not an option:))

Ivey_Itch
10-14-2004, 11:55 AM
i always heard it wasn't smart to eat before bed either..but then I learned about how your body "repairs" itself at night... so now, i always eat about an hour or so before bed... sometimes right before bed.. i always try to have a slow digesting protein source. I prefer fat free cottage cheese with 1 tbsp natural PB. The PB slows down the digestion process even more, because of the fat... that way, your body get's protein throughout the night.. you might look into some of the Night time protein supplements.. they do the same thing basically. Good luck!

justagirl
10-14-2004, 12:25 PM
i always heard it wasn't smart to eat before bed either..but then I learned about how your body "repairs" itself at night... so now, i always eat about an hour or so before bed... sometimes right before bed.. i always try to have a slow digesting protein source. I prefer fat free cottage cheese with 1 tbsp natural PB. The PB slows down the digestion process even more, because of the fat... that way, your body get's protein throughout the night.. you might look into some of the Night time protein supplements.. they do the same thing basically. Good luck!

yep! casein protein is digested slower than (as far as i know) every other popular source of protein.. do you really want to go 10 (adding on the hours 'before bed') hours without eating, whether you're sleeping or not? i have 2% cottage cheese, microwaved and mixed with 1tbsp of natural peanut butter before bed

Emma-Leigh
10-14-2004, 04:33 PM
Hi guys!As I know and read,eating before bed is bad bad bad.But I know also that eating after training is important.I train mainly in the evening from 20:00 to 22:00 and then I go to bed and I don't know whether to eat or not.Can somebody answer my question? (Changing my training time is not an option:))
The only reason why you would not want to eat before bed is if you have indigestion trouble. Really, at the end of the day, it is all about calorie balance.

Your post-workout meal is one of the most important meals of the day!! You DO NOT want to skip it. If you go to bed really soon I would modify a post-workout shake. Consider something like whey + a small amount of rolled oats + a little milk + a few minutes later (get changed, walk around a little etc) and then have a little cottage cheese. This would allow you too recover from your workout and supply you with some slow digesting protein before bed.

alex_uf
10-15-2004, 08:31 AM
Wow thanks fellaz :) I must say that I didn't know most of what you wrote and I hope to get in the right way,now with your help :)
once again 10x