PDA

View Full Version : Help Me With My Water Weight

sillyvent
10-14-2004, 07:40 AM
Ok So I Just Finished Competing For Figure And Now I Am In The "off Season" And I Hold So Much Water. In A Week I Swear My Abs Were Surrounded With 5 Lbs Of Water. I Was Thinking Maybe I Need To Cut Out A Lot Salty Things. I'm Still Eating Pretty Healthy And Maintaining My Work Outs...i Go In The Suana 3 Times A Week, But I Still Am Missing My Abs! Can Anyone Help Me With My Water Weight? Thanks!

MsFit
10-14-2004, 07:44 AM
LOL Oh the joys of rebounding. You have put a tremendous amount of stress on your body and depleted it, you can't stop a rebound. You will have to give your body a couple of months to find it's normal balance once again. Just keep doing what you are doing, eating clean, drinking a lot of water, and exercising, you will balance out soon. Can't mess with Mother Nature without paying the price later.

I keep my clients on low carbs for a few weeks after a contest and monitor their stats and slowly put carbs back in. This helps a bit, but like I said, a rebound will happen.

sillyvent
10-14-2004, 08:20 AM
Thanks Misfit. I Figured Most Of It Was My Body Reacting To Messing With It- But It Is Frustrating After All My Hard Work! What About The Salt Factor?

pdub
10-14-2004, 08:35 AM
you have to realize that to look the way you did at the competition is not an everyday look. don't worry about the extra water now and just keep working out with same intensity that you did a few months ago. by early spring you can start worring about the water again.

sillyvent
10-14-2004, 12:40 PM
Oh I Know This- I Don't Want To Look Like I Did When I Was Competing I Just Don' Wanna Look Like I Have A Tire Around Me! Haha Thanks

SEADRA
10-14-2004, 04:48 PM
I'm retaining alot of water also. I went to GNC and they have these pills you can take that even out your water. They work pretty good and they don't dehydrate you.

MsFit
10-14-2004, 04:53 PM
On the water pill note...if you took water pills for your contest, you should wean off them slowly. Take a few days and taper off. A lot of times people stop the water pills abruptly post contest and causes a bad rebound.

I tried the diuretic thing post contest to rid water, didn't help much. It's just your body reacting to the heavy stress it was under.

Post-contest sucks, eh? LOL

sillyvent
10-15-2004, 06:57 AM
oh man i did use water pills and stop abruptly. thanks for the info. i didn't know i should slowly ween off of them. thanks!

MsFit
10-15-2004, 09:16 AM
Yep. Believe me...I learned the hard way. I rebouned so bad one year that my eyes were nearly swollen shut. My own trainer didn't recognize me. :(