PDA

View Full Version : Hit me with it... I am fed up!

imperfectly_lou
10-13-2004, 06:03 AM
Those of you who read my journal will know my workouts are very intense. I am constantly varying what I am doing and pushing myself harder and harder.

I posted 2 months ago about how I was uncomfortable with my new size. I decided the best thing for me to do would be to lose about 5lbs in a safe manner, because I couldn't take the anxiety anymore.

I have lost a whole ONE friggin pound in 2 months...
My measurements have NOT gone down so none of this "oh it's muscle etc" bull****

Hit me with it people.. tell me I am lazy, tell me I eat too much, just be honest and let me know what the hell I need to change!!!!!!!!!

Ivey_Itch
10-13-2004, 08:28 AM
Actually, i think you need a break! Take 2-3 days off...relax.. heck, take a week off... you'll probably feel alot better the following week and your workouts will most likely be better than ever!! Sometimes rest is better than anything! Listen to your body.. I took a break a few months ago and dropped 3 lbs! (i ate clean still, but I RELAXED!) I highly suggest you give it a try! :) You've got your whole life ahead of you.. what's one week going to set you back?? Good luck!

joysoliel
10-13-2004, 08:43 AM
I've been on board for the past month, going great, lost 5lbs then this week...this friggin' week it looks like I gained 2!! All I keep thinking is how the hell can that be, after doing nothing different and working out 6 days!!!! High protein and all...How the hell does that happen isn't 3,500cals=1lbs....Lord knows I didn't overeat 7,000 calories!

stacy07
10-13-2004, 09:05 AM
I agree with Ivey. You need a break. I took a couple of weeks off a while back because of life (moving, and a cold) and I couldn't believe what happened. I dropped two pounds, and I had been trying for six months to loose a friggin' pound!!! I didn't change my cal's either. Ate the same. I thought it was muscle because I was'nt working out, but I dropped an inch in my waist and 1/2 inch in my hips and each thigh. When I resumed my work outs, I didn't gain it back, so it was fat!! Now I take a break every once in a while and it seems my body responds to it. I have lost a total of five pounds and a total of five over all inches in the last six months after going for six months non-stop not loosing any thing. So, every six to seven weeks I take a week off. I think my muscles even look better.

In regards to the post about the weight going up and down, it may be water due to hormonal changes (TOM) or your muscles adjusting to your routine. I highly doubt too, that it is fat. Just give it some time and I think that it will all even out in the end! :)

MsFit
10-13-2004, 10:27 AM
I don't read the journals, but I know you are a hardcore trainer. I just took a brief peek at yours. Long! LOL

I think your calories and macronutrients are fluctuating too much on a day to day basis. I know, keeping them consistent isn't easy, but it's one of the tricks to fat loss. I'd keep the shifting in a 50 calorie range. Give that a shot and if it doesn't work, lower them 10%.

I'd keep your protein at a steady 145. That's 1.5 grams per pound LBM.

Rotate high, moderate, and low carb days. Such as 150 for a high, half that for medium day, and half that for a low day.

Might try limiting or cutting the bread, dairy and other dieting dangers, including shakes.

That's just my little 2 cents. :D

imperfectly_lou
10-13-2004, 04:03 PM
Thanks for all the replies.

I normally take a break every 2-3 months. My body will tell me when it is tired! I am off to Bali for a week next Thurs, so that will be a nice break for me.

Thank you for your advice MsFit. I understand what you are saying about carb cycling, and I will probably give that a go, but I thought calorie cycling was effective too? Admittedly that wasn't what I was actually intending to do, but fluctuations in cal levels aren't good?