PDA

View Full Version : off days-

BerryBlis
10-12-2004, 10:45 PM
Hello,

I was just wondering, how many calories do you guys normally eat on your days off of training? And how active are you on these days (like in "everyday" life). Do you taper how much you eat since you don't have the energy demands of training or just eat like a normal day?

BerryBlis

moody_weasel
10-13-2004, 01:45 AM
Hello,

I was just wondering, how many calories do you guys normally eat on your days off of training?

I usually eat the same amount of calories whether I train or not.
Your muscles need to repair themselves and they do that when you don't train.
Sometimes I even add an additional small meal after a heavy leg day.

imperfectly_lou
10-13-2004, 04:21 AM
I usually eat the same amount of calories whether I train or not.
Your muscles need to repair themselves and they do that when you don't train.
Sometimes I even add an additional small meal after a heavy leg day.

Bump.... nutrition is crucial to muscle repair so I make sure I still get plenty of good, clean cals.

MotoGirl
10-13-2004, 09:37 AM
On my off days, I'm typically busy with housework or running errands, or if it falls on a weekend and the weather is nice, I take advantage of that and go hiking or just enjoy the outdoors.

As for eating, I might (not always) have a cheat meal for dinner, but otherwise, I stick to my cardio day diet the rest of the day. Cardio days my calories and carbs are lower than weight training days.

Ivey_Itch
10-13-2004, 09:50 AM
i might lower my calories by 50-75, but not much at all.. i'm pretty in active on my off days..i mean, i might go out shopping for groceries or things like that..cleaning sometimes.. but most of the time i'm at the computer or on the couch watching a movie or studying for a freaking test.. but the calories don't really vary that much.

Anima
10-13-2004, 11:58 AM
Man I was just sitting here talking with a GF about how we miss the gym on our rest day, and then I saw this.... good subject.

I am new to this but I have tried to keep the same ratios and calories, but have some of the things I dont have the time to cook and eat on a busy day.... esp when, as today, I had a day off work, I an enjoy some of the things that have a lot more prep time and enjoy a break from oatmeal coming out of every orifice or eating enough chicken that I begin to cluk.....

Tho today it was just an extra helping of oatmeal and tuna LOL got lazy..... my "cheat" is an extra 200 calories on my off day, woo hoo! LOL

BerryBlis
10-13-2004, 08:52 PM
Hey,

Wow, thanks for your replies. This is always one issue I've sorta been confused about. I'm not sure if you could really answer this (but maybe you can sorta compare me with you or something) but how many calories would you guess I should eat then on a day when I don't work out (or do cardio) and basically just have a "cozy" day of watching movies, reading, and relaxing? (I'm 5'6" and 115 lbs)?.

Thanks,
BerryBlis

dressagerulz23
10-16-2004, 10:57 PM
i might lower my calories by 50-75, but not much at all.. i'm pretty in active on my off days..i mean, i might go out shopping for groceries or things like that..cleaning sometimes.. but most of the time i'm at the computer or on the couch watching a movie or studying for a freaking test.. but the calories don't really vary that much.word. usually i lower mine about 50 but if i really hit it hard in the gym (with the cardio) and feel depleted i'll keep em the same