PDA

View Full Version : Not making progress-any suggestions?

JC66
10-12-2004, 02:39 PM
My goal right now is to lose a few inches of fat on my thighs and I can't seem to do it. My eating is pretty clean, but I can't seem to drop those last few pounds/inches.

Currently, I do cardio about three times/week of usually running, sprints or mountain biking, work abs three times/week and upper body split twice (but neither of those areas are a concern right now). I work legs twice a week:

Monday-Tamilee Webb's "I want those buns" video

Thursday- squats (40lbs), plie squats (30lbs), stiff-leg deadlifts (35lbs), walking lunges (9lbs each hand) each 3 sets, 12 reps except walking lunges 4 sets of 10 reps. Sometimes I replace squats with jump squats (sorry, I can't remember the exact name right now).

I've been doing this for a month and a half and have noticed NO changes. I have gained some muscle, but I can't seem to lose the fat (top and back of thighs). Any suggestions?????

Food is about 1400-1600 calories and the last time I checked p/c/f was about 32/35/33.

ChocoChick
10-13-2004, 09:16 AM
My goal right now is to lose a few inches of fat on my thighs and I can't seem to do it. My eating is pretty clean, but I can't seem to drop those last few pounds/inches.

What are your stats? height, weight, bodyfat?

Thursday- squats (40lbs), plie squats (30lbs), stiff-leg deadlifts (35lbs), walking lunges (9lbs each hand) each 3 sets, 12 reps except walking lunges 4 sets of 10 reps. Sometimes I replace squats with jump squats (sorry, I can't remember the exact name right now).

You want to lift as heavy as you can while maintaining good form. Keep reps in the 6-8 range, 3 sets per exercise. Once you can reach 8 reps per exercise, increase the weight by 5 pounds.

I've been doing this for a month and a half and have noticed NO changes. I have gained some muscle, but I can't seem to lose the fat (top and back of thighs). Any suggestions?????

Food is about 1400-1600 calories and the last time I checked p/c/f was about 32/35/33.

If you post our diet, it will be easier to make specific recommendations.

JC66
10-13-2004, 09:37 AM
Sorry, I forgot to post stats...I'm 5'4 and 118lbs. I think my bodyfat is about 21%, but that is just me testing it at home. I'm getting it tested again this weekend.

My diet is pretty much always the same...

I enter everything on Fitday and currently an average day is 1400-1600 calories
F 33% 50g
C 35% 141g
P 32% 108g

I eat pretty much the same thing everyday...

1/2 cup cooked oat bran
2 slices thin turkey bacon
1/2 piece of fruit

2% cottage cheese
1 tablespoon walnuts

deli meat chicken on ww pita with tomatos, Quaker caramel corn rice cakes and an apple

Low-fat string cheese and Celery with reduced fat PB

1/2 english muffin with almond butter (on days I do cardio after work)

Dinner is either chicken with green beans/tomatos
--or--2 fish tacos with salmon and black beans and a little cheese
--or--ww pasta spaghetti with lean beef

Thanks for the advice so far, hopefully you have some more!

I'm thinking about adding another day of cardio (for a total of four days/week)?

MsFit
10-13-2004, 10:43 AM

Lower your leg training to once a week. Focus on your form when training.

Many changes will come through with proper dieting.

Since you are only 93 lbs LBM, I'd suggest 1500 calories for now and see what changes it produces in a week...check stats again.

Protein looks fine...might shift your high, moderate, and low carbs days for a shock.

Omit processed foods. Fresh and/or natural is best. :D

www.TheElitePhysique.com

JC66
10-20-2004, 05:45 PM
Thanks for your suggestions. I'll make a few adjustments and let you know how it goes! If you have any more advice, please let me know!!!