PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Unfatf*cks himself

DYnomyte001
06-30-2007, 05:41 PM
I'm following Lyle Mcdonald's revision of the PSMF diet in his book "Rapid Fat loss handbook", which can found on his site- www.bodyrecomposition.com

Once I get to 14-15% (as that's the cutoff) I'll begin the UD2.0 diet once again, by Lyle Mcdonald.
Start of diet: June 26th

Calories allowed a day: 1700-1900
Starting weight: 260 Bodyfat: 20%
Stats: arms: 18.5, 18 1/4
Chest: 51.5
Waist: 40 :(

Protein intake is at around 300-350 a day.
Re-feeds occur on fridays lasting 5 hours.
Fats are taken in from: All EFA's, 6-7g's of fish oil a day.
Multivitamin
Carbs: primarily fiber low glycemic carbs consisting of vegetables and a fiber supplement.

Workouts: are low volume, full-body workout 3x a week at 4-7 rep range. On fridays I do brazilian Jiu jitsu

Friday June 29th update- Hunger has subsided for the most part I imagine this is due to my body entering in a state of Ketosis, which is good. Sleeping is fine, working out is fine; I am buying glucose tablets tommorow so working out is better... who wants to be hypoglycemic? This calorie deficit really isn't that bad. I have Jiu-jitsu tommorow, still working out on how I should approach it with this severe calorie deficit. I think switching out glucose tablets with gatorade would be best, for the electrolyte balance and what not.

Weight: 253.5
Down nearly 7 pounds in 3 days from 260 , majority of this is water and glycogen which is irrelevant to me as this isn't fat loss... but something nice to see on the scale.

Saturday June 30th
Lifting was ho-hum and BJJ was good. First day doing deadlifts again and man oh man are my traps sore. I was weak as a girly-man though! :( Other lifts were about the same, some stronger which was nice... endurance wasn't there. Typical signs of being depleted of glycogen. Looking flat in the mirror too, yet another sign.

Weight: 250.5-251- this is a important number due to this is the amount I weigh fully glycogen and water depleted, from here on out it will be purely fat loss. Why? Once glycogen is depleted your muscles and brain are no longer running glucose (glycogen and glucose are the preferred and primarily fuel source obtained from carbs) instead it's switched to using ketones which is found when the fat on your body is broken down.

I'm estimating actually I've netted around 2 pounds of fat loss so far also due to visual changes. Key notes: waist is smaller, muscles are showing more definition, face looks leaner.

On another note: I'm being hunted by a tick that found me on my walk with my dog Steven. I threw it off of me at the computer desk due to my phobia of them, only to have it return and crawl up my foot. Once again I threw it somewhere... it'll be back. I have this fear being in my boxers that it's going to crawl up em and latch onto my genitals.

The hunter will become the hunted. I've got my flashlight in hand with a lit cigarette.

chrischap01
06-30-2007, 06:07 PM
That's a hardcore diet,props if you can stick to it! I tried it last spring and lasted about 1 week.

And reps for the thread title!

DYnomyte001
06-30-2007, 06:09 PM
That's a hardcore diet,props if you can stick to it! I tried it last spring and lasted about 1 week.

And reps for the thread title!

Haha, thanks bro. Yeah the first week is tough as nails, but it's starting to get easier. Appetite supressants are you friends! :) repped in return

Riz
06-30-2007, 06:11 PM
good luck dude

DYnomyte001
06-30-2007, 06:12 PM
good luck dude

Thank you, repped :D

Saint Mike
07-02-2007, 12:44 AM
Balls of brass dude. Stick to it and be proud.

EvoSummer
07-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Good luck with the tick.....and oh the diet too! I'll definitely monitor this thread to see how you're doing.

DYnomyte001
07-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Monday July 02 Update

Weight: 254.5-255

Weight is up due to Refeed that took place Sunday. And it was was quite the refeed indeed- started at around 5pm (consiering I woke up at 3pm, which is quite early by my standards) went to Mexican Restuarant with Bridget. Set alarm for it to end at 11pm. Afterwards picked up blueberry bagles, ate 2 1/2 bagels, watched TCM and Borat- followed by mexican resturant leftovers. Woke up today feeling rather lethargic due to the carbs taken in from yesterday, but I looked rather full and muscles look nicely filled out as I expected.

Unfortuanetly, do to my late waking up time (6pm) I couldn't hit the gym due to there retarded near-holiday hours. Really pissed me off as I wanted to hit the gym and make use of this increase in strength and the ensuing muscle gain. Now I basically have to wait till the 5th to get back into the gym I'll update once again when the 5th comes. This is one angry, Justin signing off-

Saint Mike
07-03-2007, 06:13 AM
Yup...I got home this morning and was like, "Awww @#&%". The gym's gonna be closed tomorrow."

Guess I'll get a good one in this afternoon before work.

cawiau
07-03-2007, 07:27 AM
Good luck
Hang in there!!!

And have you killed that tick yet?

heathershubby
07-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Good Luck and I am subbed can't wait to see how you do

DYnomyte001
07-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Monday July 02 Update

Weight: 254.5-255

Weight is up due to Refeed that took place Sunday. And it was was quite the refeed indeed- started at around 5pm (consiering I woke up at 3pm, which is quite early by my standards) went to Mexican Restuarant with Bridget. Set alarm for it to end at 11pm. Afterwards picked up blueberry bagles, ate 2 1/2 bagels, watched TCM and Borat- followed by mexican resturant leftovers. Woke up today feeling rather lethargic due to the carbs taken in from yesterday, but I looked rather full and muscles look nicely filled out as I expected.

Unfortuanetly, do to my late waking up time (6pm) I couldn't hit the gym due to there retarded near-holiday hours. Really pissed me off as I wanted to hit the gym and make use of this increase in strength and the ensuing muscle gain. Now I basically have to wait till the 5th to get back into the gym I'll update once again when the 5th comes. This is one angry, Justin signing off-

June 26th starting weight 261

July 1st weight 251 (pre refeed)

July 2nd weight 255 (post refeed)

July 6th weight 248
Days dieting thus far: 10 days.
Total weightloss so far: 13 pounds

Today is the day of my refeed, I switched them to Fridays. Mainly because if I work at a nightclub on Fridays and Saturdays and like to be at the peak of my physical strength and I hate being flat; being a bouncer and looking the part helps cut down on conflicts.

Working out yesterday was good, I was slightly stronger at some lifts. Other lifts stayed the same. For the most part strength gains have been consistent. Although I lack endurance due to the depleted glycogen, after a refeed I'm stronger and the endurance is back.

Everything is going as planned, and going well.

Hotmoltenlava
07-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Excellent progress, man! Keep it up!

**subbed**

EvoSummer
07-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Great job man. Looks like everything is going great. Hopefully my weightloss is about the same as yours. How much do you think is true fat loss and not just water weight?

DYnomyte001
07-07-2007, 02:30 AM
Great job man. Looks like everything is going great. Hopefully my weightloss is about the same as yours. How much do you think is true fat loss and not just water weight?

Thanks guys,

Water weight, I'd say around 8-9 pounds. I can really tell when I'm a day out from a re-feed because my body looks crappy and muscles are flat. Fatloss I'd say : around 3-4 pounds of fat loss so far. Not bad :)

Arms especially biceps are showing more cuts, stomach is starting to flatten, face is becoming less moon-like. I'll take waist measurements tommorow, I plan to do this diet for around 4 more weeks.

EvoSummer
07-07-2007, 06:48 AM
Thanks guys,

Water weight, I'd say around 8-9 pounds. I can really tell when I'm a day out from a re-feed because my body looks crappy and muscles are flat. Fatloss I'd say : around 3-4 pounds of fat loss so far. Not bad :)

Arms especially biceps are showing more cuts, stomach is starting to flatten, face is becoming less moon-like. I'll take waist measurements tommorow, I plan to do this diet for around 4 more weeks.

Great job man. Today is going to be my third day on the diet and it doesn't seem I've lost much yet, although I might have been nearing 210 when I started and not 205 like I thought (the in laws wouldn't stop feeding me for July 4th) Either way it's been only 2 days and I don't think my body is in ketosis yet. I just kinda look at your progress and hope it happens similarly.

Also, are you doing any free meals and if so when in the week? Won't that get you out of ketosis?

DYnomyte001
07-15-2007, 04:42 PM
Not going to be a long post but:

weight: 245-246. Down 2-3 pounds from last post.

Didn't think I'd lose weight cuz I was off-kilter with my diet and ran out of protein powder but I did. I'm seeing pec seperation that I never had and arms are looking much leaner... pants are falling off. Feeling good.

Arms lost a little size but, they aren't usually this lean- measurements of arms: 18 and 18.5 (slightly)

EvoSummer
07-15-2007, 10:21 PM
Congrats on still losing the weight. Are you going to get back onto the diet or are you moving on to something else?

So far I'm down to about 200 and it's been 10 days so that's a difference of about half a pound per day. Hope to see more progress since it seems everyone and their grandmother is doing the velocity diet.

DYnomyte001
07-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Hiya Evo,

Yes I plan to continue using this diet until around 235, from there I'll begin running Ud2

Grats on your weight loss man, do it to a T and fat will just fall off :)