PDA

View Full Version : My Biggest Loser Type Plan Log From July 1st To July 31st

heathershubby
06-30-2007, 06:34 PM
OK this will be a thread that I will use for the month of july. I have been working for 2 weeks on a "Biggest Loser Type Idea". I have read the book and will be using some of what they have in there and adding some other stuff to it.

If you have not read my regular log I will update you here. I am on vacation for the entire month of July. I have decided to really dedicate myself to working hard and burning some extra lbs off and finishing off my first year of healthy living with a bang.

My Birthday is July 21st and last year on my B-day I wieghed in at 488 lbs. I decided then that I needed to make some changes as the father of a baby and 2 other children and a fairly newly married man I was no longer as non chalant about dieing as I had been before.

I started with drinking more water and eating healthier things and slowly started lifting weights. I really started on Aug 1st and weighed in at 486 lbs. My goal was to lose 52 lbs a year until I reached 225 lbs. I actually had lost 50 lbs by christmas. I then had some personal issues and lost sight of what I was doing and put back on some of the wieght. A few months ago I got back on track and took that weight back off and a few more lbs till I was at 434 lbs 2 weeks ago.

last week however I had to nurse a bad knee ( I hurt it squating) by dr's orders fro 1 week. I now am ready to get back at it and put in play my July Biggest Loser strong finish to the year. I wieghed in today at 437 lbs so I am back to not having achieved my goal of 52lbs this year. I have 1 lb to go :).

Ok so here is whats happening, I can only wiegh myself at work so if I can stand the weight I will not weigh myself again till the end of the month when I come back on Aug 1st.

I Have some things I will be doing everyday and some things I will be changing everyday and some things I will be trying but not keeping if they don't fit. I am calling it the Biggest Loser because I am using some of the ideas out of the book but more so because I plan on spending 4 to 5 hours being very active eveyday this month.

Before people start going crazy I know this will not be long term. I have been working out, walking and eating fairly well for most of the year with the exception of a couple months of sownslide. I DO NOT PLAN ON MAKING THIS A LIFESTYLE. That being said over the years I always have vacation in July and always weigh myself at the start and on my B-day 21 days latter and every year I gain wieght. My goal is to lose weight this year and to finish my first year of weight loss on a real strong note.

I will post some the things I plan on doing on a regular basis in a little bit ie/ a general outline of my plan. It is far from what The Biggest Loser Book says and much closer to what they did on the show. I really think this is going to be crazy fun and I hope you guys will follow and support me like you have all year.

God Bless

John (heathers hubby)

chrischap01
06-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Good luck man, that's kind of what I am doing this summer, although on a smaller scale. I am working full-time all summer, but choosing my own hours so I am also choosing to hit the gym hard everyday for 1.5-2 hours to see how much progress I can make while I have the luxury of free time!

Quickxi
06-30-2007, 09:10 PM
good luck with your new program!

Is Dora on the new diet also ;)

heathershubby
06-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Good luck man, that's kind of what I am doing this summer, although on a smaller scale. I am working full-time all summer, but choosing my own hours so I am also choosing to hit the gym hard everyday for 1.5-2 hours to see how much progress I can make while I have the luxury of free time!

I am extreamly blessed to have been giving some extra time off from work and have a whole month to get at it. I think you will have great success with 2 hrs a day as well.

I have spent so many summer vacations getting fatter wuick it will be nice to bust saome fat a little quicker this year.

heathershubby
06-30-2007, 09:17 PM
good luck with your new program!

Is Dora on the new diet also ;)

LOL we set up a big blue rock and a big red rock 5 miles apart and were going to walk back and forth all july. We will only take breaks to practise kickboxing on swiper. :)

chrischap01
06-30-2007, 09:27 PM
I am extreamly blessed to have been giving some extra time off from work and have a whole month to get at it. I think you will have great success with 2 hrs a day as well.

I have spent so many summer vacations getting fatter wuick it will be nice to bust saome fat a little quicker this year.
I am taking a 5 day trip to Chi-town in August, so I am hoping to look much less ridiculous in a swimsuit by then!

I saw Sicko today, and between the health care system as portrayed in the movie and your month-long vacation, I am thinking of marrying into the great white north.

heathershubby
07-01-2007, 07:28 AM
I am taking a 5 day trip to Chi-town in August, so I am hoping to look much less ridiculous in a swimsuit by then!

I saw Sicko today, and between the health care system as portrayed in the movie and your month-long vacation, I am thinking of marrying into the great white north.

My wife is from south bend indiana and we have been at it for 3 years were pros.

heathershubby
07-01-2007, 07:33 AM
I walked 2k or a little over a mile this morning.

Here are my times

1k 13.9 mins (my goal for the end of the month 12 mins)

1 mile 23.8 mins ( my goal for the end of the month 20 min mile)

Total 2k 27:29:97 on the stop watch for the whole 2k

ALL in all not a bad walk I had lots of gas in the tank but I was definatly still feeling the week off as far as cardio condition wise.

Off to church then I will lift after and hit the treadmill for TBL cardio work.

Quickxi
07-01-2007, 08:14 AM
LOL we set up a big blue rock and a big red rock 5 miles apart and were going to walk back and forth all july. We will only take breaks to practise kickboxing on swiper. :)

swiper, no swiping!

Freddie Beef
07-04-2007, 10:27 PM
I am curious how this biggest loser thing works? I know you will see great success!

cawiau
07-04-2007, 10:43 PM
Hey just catch win of this thread.
Go HH, GO!!!
We all know you are going to give it your best.
I am on the Velocity Diet for the month of July to, starting today till August 1rst.
let's see whom lose the most weight.

heathershubby
07-05-2007, 01:07 AM
Just for the record though I read the Biggest Loser Book and will be using certain aspects from it but much of the diet is my own plan as well as an additional walking plan. I will be using the lifting routine and the cardio plan. The main reason I called it Biggest Loser Like is because I am trying to be active 4 to 5 hours a day. Not nessasarily working out but walking or playing ball ect. Tommorow will be an exception but friday me and my son are going golfing and walking 9 and then sat we are going to play some tennis at a relaxed pace. ON top of walking and lifting and cardio that makes for a great day. After the week I had prior I can use a good few weeks and so far so good.

cawiau
07-05-2007, 04:05 PM
Just keep on going.

chrischap01
07-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Just keep on going.
I think you mean "just keep livin'!"

http://www.hollyscoop.com/BlogImages/14387581---matt.jpg

cawiau
07-05-2007, 04:24 PM
I think you mean "just keep livin'!"

http://www.hollyscoop.com/BlogImages/14387581---matt.jpg

Nah, I meant just keep on going.
No matter the stumbles, the barries, the falls, the drawbacks....Just keep on going.

chrischap01
07-05-2007, 04:25 PM
come on man, I am trying to start a new catch phrase here

cawiau
07-05-2007, 04:27 PM
come on man, I am trying to start a new catch phrase here

ok guys, let's all ...

JUST KEEP ON LIVING :D

chrischap01
07-05-2007, 04:35 PM
much better

Quickxi
07-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Just for the record though I read the Biggest Loser Book and will be using certain aspects from it but much of the diet is my own plan as well as an additional walking plan. I will be using the lifting routine and the cardio plan. The main reason I called it Biggest Loser Like is because I am trying to be active 4 to 5 hours a day. Not nessasarily working out but walking or playing ball ect. Tommorow will be an exception but friday me and my son are going golfing and walking 9 and then sat we are going to play some tennis at a relaxed pace. ON top of walking and lifting and cardio that makes for a great day. After the week I had prior I can use a good few weeks and so far so good.

4 to 5 hours a day is a nice goal to shoot for....

cawiau
07-05-2007, 09:59 PM
much better

LOL :)

cawiau
07-05-2007, 10:01 PM
4 to 5 hours a day is a nice goal to shoot for....

yep, that is like 2 days combined for me :)

heathershubby
07-05-2007, 10:22 PM
I did about 3 hrs total today so its getting there.

I lost 1" in the waist this month and 10 lbs total as I weighed in at 433 lbs today. I am happy with that I have 3 weeks to go to get to the one year mark and 428 is very doable that would be 60 lbs this year I would be exstatic with that.

Hope you guys are all well.

chrischap01
07-05-2007, 10:24 PM

I lost 1" in the waist this month and 10 lbs total as I weighed in at 433 lbs today. I am happy with that I have 3 weeks to go to get to the one year mark and 428 is very doable that would be 60 lbs this year I would be exstatic with that.

Hope you guys are all well.
congrats on the progress!

Freddie Beef
07-05-2007, 10:26 PM
You will have no trouble reachin them goals bro!!

cawiau
07-05-2007, 10:27 PM

That is a great start!!!
Keep up the good work :)

Congratulations on the weight loss.
You are just killing it bro, killing it.
You are on a row, nothing can stop you now.

heathershubby
07-07-2007, 11:20 PM
extra activities have been slowed a bit as my son has been playing baseball all weekend in a tourny so been doing some watching and coaching.

these are my results from last month to this I am thinking I will double them this month.

(July 4th ) 433 lbs,52.13% - 3%, waist 68 "(no change,thigh 38" -2",shoulders 64" -1", arms 18" - .5", hips 63" n.c., 19" n.c. neck 20" n.c., 13" n.c. chest 59" n.c.)

pga617
07-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Best of luck to you, will be interested in see your results in a month!

Freddie Beef
07-08-2007, 10:57 AM
we are close to the same height and weight...maybe we should become professional wrestlers. We would be tag team champs in no time!!

Hotmoltenlava
07-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Keep moving forward, HH. That is all that matters.

Have a good one.

chrischap01
07-08-2007, 11:13 AM
Fred -

Everytime someone asks me why I workout so much or why I am so strict with my eating, I always tell them that I am training to be the ultimate fighting champion.

Freddie Beef
07-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Fred -

Everytime someone asks me why I workout so much or why I am so strict with my eating, I always tell them that I am training to be the ultimate fighting champion.

People tell me all the time to do pro wrestling, I almost did it once. I guess I am very charismatic and very good with words. Maybe one day. It does get old sometimes, but oh well.

cawiau
07-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Hey just passing by to show my support!!!
I got your back bro so keep on stepping :D

heathershubby
07-08-2007, 02:35 PM
Hey guys thanks for the support your all repped :)

chris your on the waiting list have to spread more love first.

Fred we actually have a great local wrestling scene here in windsor area

Border City Wrestling.

I use to sumo and loved it but it also was how I went from the 300's to the 400's

Freddie Beef
07-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Thats pretty cool, I bet it was fun. Keep it up bro, you will be losin that weight fast sson!!

SemperFi222
07-08-2007, 04:04 PM
hey bro i think its awesome that youre doing this and i know its gonna be a great success, just keep at it and dont give up. cant wait to see your results at the end of the month!

heathershubby
07-08-2007, 07:24 PM
This is the diet I will be following for the next 3 weeks

I have been eating less then 20 grams of carbs for a little over a week now. I didn't say anything cause I didn't want to hear all the crap about how much muscle I am losing :)

Anyway here is what it looks like and yes unfortunatly for the most part out of nessasity it is the same thing almost everyday.

The Simplicity Diet

Breakfast
3 extra large eggs
1 oz of cheddar cheese, 1 tsp parmesan cheese
4 tsp salsa

Snacks
(between meals)
Isomatrix Protein Matrix
2 scoops powder mixed with water

Lunch and Dinner
2 chicken breast
1 cup mixed salad greens,1cup baby spinach,
1 oz shredded cheese, 1 tsp parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp Kraft Classic Herb Dressing

Before Bed
Any 250 cal snack that has only fat and protein

Other rules or additions

Other Supplements
1 A Day Men?s Vitamin
Red Acid gen 2( 2 tabs with breakfast and lunch)
Yellow nEuphoria (3 tabs with breakfast)
With Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
1 cap Life Brand Salmon & Fish Oils 1000mg (E.F.A ?s)
2 cap Good ?n Natural colon cleanse (fiber)
Daily
1 gallon of water
As much 0 cal artificially sweetened drinks (must drink equal amounts of water to other drinks in addition to the gallon)

The Simplicity Diet

The reason for this diet is because I wanted a healthy way to simplify my life for periods of time. I find the times I have a hard time sticking to a healthy eating plan is when I am away on vacation or have an extremely busy week. I am not a fan of eating the same thing day in and day out but this will be for a short time. I really believe, this diet will help me to stick to a plan. I will lose weight in a situation I would normally eat a lot of convenience foods and gain it.

The diet is a low carbohydrate version as that is one thing I am currently adhering to for certain reasons. I will be going back and forth between low carbohydrate and low fat diets at some point and will then develop a Simplicity low fat diet.

Although this is a high fat diet, It keeps saturated fat down to 15% of calories / no more then 30g.

The ease of this program comes in that all meals travel well with a little prep work and some Tupper ware containers. The seeming exception being the omelet however I will eat one cold, and most days I am somewhere I can make an omelet. I have a large cooler and a small cooler so when we go camping or away for a weekend I pack the big cooler and daily pack the small one out of it.

I will be spending time at a youth camp and my in laws and that is where the desire for this diet came from. I also think it is a great way to just tighten up your eating and cut fat while retaining muscle.

I will be starting it tomorrow July 9th and doing it roughly until august 1st.

Today is July 8th and I weighed in at 434 lbs. I have been eating less then 20g of carbohydrates a day for a week so I have already lost the water weight and will track my weight loss on 3 weeks of this plan.

Yes for all those who are wondering The Simplicity Diet (name) is a play on the Velocity Diet :)

I just needed an easy way to stick to good eating while away and this is it I hope.

Note I have been eating low carb for a little over a week but have not said anything because although I am eating plenty of healthy nutrient rich green stuff people hate low carb cause of its lack of nutrition.

I said when I started out here that I was going to have fun with losing this weight and I know that when I start eating carbs again I will gain some water weight till it levels off but I am ok with that.

I am eating slightly lower cals then I would like but it is very high in protien and I have a good cheat meal somtimes 2 a week.

Alright only posted this cause I have had quite a few pm's about what I am eating this month.

heathershubby
07-08-2007, 07:28 PM
thanks for the kind words bro

chrischap01
07-08-2007, 07:31 PM
This is the diet I will be following for the next 3 weeks

I have been eating less then 20 grams of carbs for a little over a week now. I didn't say anything cause I didn't want to hear all the crap about how much muscle I am losing :)

Anyway here is what it looks like and yes unfortunatly for the most part out of nessasity it is the same thing almost everyday.

The Simplicity Diet

Breakfast
3 extra large eggs
1 oz of cheddar cheese, 1 tsp parmesan cheese
4 tsp salsa

Snacks
(between meals)
Isomatrix Protein Matrix
2 scoops powder mixed with water

Lunch and Dinner
2 chicken breast
1 cup mixed salad greens,1cup baby spinach,
1 oz shredded cheese, 1 tsp parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp Kraft Classic Herb Dressing

Before Bed
Any 250 cal snack that has only fat and protein

Other rules or additions

Other Supplements
1 A Day Men?s Vitamin
Red Acid gen 2( 2 tabs with breakfast and lunch)
Yellow nEuphoria (3 tabs with breakfast)
With Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
1 cap Life Brand Salmon & Fish Oils 1000mg (E.F.A ?s)
2 cap Good ?n Natural colon cleanse (fiber)
Daily
1 gallon of water
As much 0 cal artificially sweetened drinks (must drink equal amounts of water to other drinks in addition to the gallon)

The Simplicity Diet

The reason for this diet is because I wanted a healthy way to simplify my life for periods of time. I find the times I have a hard time sticking to a healthy eating plan is when I am away on vacation or have an extremely busy week. I am not a fan of eating the same thing day in and day out but this will be for a short time. I really believe, this diet will help me to stick to a plan. I will lose weight in a situation I would normally eat a lot of convenience foods and gain it.

The diet is a low carbohydrate version as that is one thing I am currently adhering to for certain reasons. I will be going back and forth between low carbohydrate and low fat diets at some point and will then develop a Simplicity low fat diet.

Although this is a high fat diet, It keeps saturated fat down to 15% of calories / no more then 30g.

The ease of this program comes in that all meals travel well with a little prep work and some Tupper ware containers. The seeming exception being the omelet however I will eat one cold, and most days I am somewhere I can make an omelet. I have a large cooler and a small cooler so when we go camping or away for a weekend I pack the big cooler and daily pack the small one out of it.

I will be spending time at a youth camp and my in laws and that is where the desire for this diet came from. I also think it is a great way to just tighten up your eating and cut fat while retaining muscle.

I will be starting it tomorrow July 9th and doing it roughly until august 1st.

Today is July 8th and I weighed in at 434 lbs. I have been eating less then 20g of carbohydrates a day for a week so I have already lost the water weight and will track my weight loss on 3 weeks of this plan.

Yes for all those who are wondering The Simplicity Diet (name) is a play on the Velocity Diet :)

I just needed an easy way to stick to good eating while away and this is it I hope.

Note I have been eating low carb for a little over a week but have not said anything because although I am eating plenty of healthy nutrient rich green stuff people hate low carb cause of its lack of nutrition.

I said when I started out here that I was going to have fun with losing this weight and I know that when I start eating carbs again I will gain some water weight till it levels off but I am ok with that.

I am eating slightly lower cals then I would like but it is very high in protien and I have a good cheat meal somtimes 2 a week.

Alright only posted this cause I have had quite a few pm's about what I am eating this month.
You eat almost exactly what I do, except I have broc****, spinach, or green beans instead of salad and I rotate daily b/w fish, beef, and chicken at lunch and dinner.

I don't have cheese, but I usually have turkey bacon or turkey/chicken sausage with my eggs.

heathershubby
07-08-2007, 09:02 PM
You eat almost exactly what I do, except I have broc****, spinach, or green beans instead of salad and I rotate daily b/w fish, beef, and chicken at lunch and dinner.

I don't have cheese, but I usually have turkey bacon or turkey/chicken sausage with my eggs.

Well in order to get into a low carb state I let myself have the bacon and such so I would feel like I was eating well and not be hungry at all. I have no hunger issues now. I too will substitue other veggies in for salads but salads seem like so much food its hard to go without them.

And meet choices will problem incude some lean pork, turkey and beef down the road as well.

chrischap01
07-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Well in order to get into a low carb state I let myself have the bacon and such so I would feel like I was eating well and not be hungry at all. I have no hunger issues now. I too will substitue other veggies in for salads but salads seem like so much food its hard to go without them.

No doubt re: the salads. I like them and have done that in the past, but I find that I can never eat it all before it goes bad. I eat huge mounds of broc****, brussel sprouts, spinach, etc., though! When I first started a low carb diet, I relied heavily on cheese and other rich fats but I phased them out over time. I still throw them in there when i crave them, though.

cawiau
07-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Doing a good job so far bro so keep at it :D