PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible?

$|-|U(V)AYeL
10-11-2004, 09:17 PM
I want to work both endurance and strenght. To do so, I plan on doing a week of no cardio, straight weight training (8-10 reps), and consumption of high calories. The following week, I plan on doing cardio each day, with weight training (15 reps), with consumption of low calories. And keep alternating until the end of the year. I read somewhere that this basically causes a shock to your system, and your horomone levels go through the roof. Will this give me the gains that i'm looking for? Strength AND Endurance? Thank you.

imperfectly_lou
10-11-2004, 09:24 PM
If you are looking to gain strength, I would drop your reps even lower, say 4-6 reps.

I'm not too sure about the change in calories... I'm not sure if it would make much of an impact either way...

hotgymchick
10-12-2004, 09:40 AM
You're going to need more than a week at a time for each cycle. You should do a strength mesocycle (t-mag.com has a good article on it), a week of reduced volume training, then the endurance portion, altering diet as needed. There's a book called Strength, Speed and Power by Everett Aaberg that really outlines it well. I did the program over the summer and it was well planned.

Lil Bullet
10-12-2004, 10:02 PM
i'm just wondering why you would want to take in 'low calories' if you want strength and endurance. you have to fuel the body, not starve it.

SEADRA
10-14-2004, 04:31 AM
We assume that your not starving your body right now and your already consuming enough calories to put on muscle. And you meant you wee going to eat even more calories then that.

trnurbdy48
10-15-2004, 02:43 AM
What this plan is is failure waiting to happen. It makes no sense. "Shocking" your body is not the point. Training your neuromuscular system correctly creates optimum metabloic change.

bigasssnowman
10-15-2004, 10:12 PM
I want to work both endurance and strenght. To do so, I plan on doing a week of no cardio, straight weight training (8-10 reps), and consumption of high calories. The following week, I plan on doing cardio each day, with weight training (15 reps), with consumption of low calories. And keep alternating until the end of the year. I read somewhere that this basically causes a shock to your system, and your horomone levels go through the roof. Will this give me the gains that i'm looking for? Strength AND Endurance? Thank you.

take less of a break between sets.. also do supersets. only take 30 secs to 1 minute between sets. that will build your endurance as well as your strength.