PDA

View Full Version : Lower Body??

Epiphany7
10-10-2004, 06:15 PM
Hello everyone...I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to post, hoping you wise ladies can help me out.

Here's my situation: I've been working out for a couple of years, then got breast implants a couple of months ago (please no flames ;-)). I've had to stop working out altogether for the entire time due to complications, my doc just gave me the OK to go ahead and do "lower body only." This means no back, no shoulders, definitely no chest & nothing that envolves holding weight with my hands.

My dilemma: I'd LOVE to get back to working out at least 3 times a week, but I can't do legs all 3 times!! I was just trying to come up with a workout routine that would be as comprehensive as possible under my circumstances. ANY ideas would be incredibly appreciated, I'm itching to tone up & gain my muscle tone back!

Thanks in advance!

Stasha
10-10-2004, 09:16 PM
Can you do just really light weights?

If you can't hold anything in your hands, that pretty much limits you to just legs. Maybe try doing extra cardio until you can hold the weights again like cycling, walking on the treadmill at different inclines, stairstepper....

Epiphany7
10-11-2004, 09:02 AM
Thanks for your response...I guess I could hold light weights, I don't see any harm there; I'll try today & see what happens. I don't like doing much cardio since I always end up losing too much weight; so I guess I'll just have to stick with going heavy on the legs.

Just have to tell you...I visited your site and you look AMAZING! I read your story and it absolutely inspired me...thank you :-)

Best of luck to you hun!

Stasha
10-11-2004, 10:08 AM
Thanks and best of luck to you as well. Yeah, if you can start off justing doing light exercises and slowly building up from there I think you should be fine. Just stay away from exercises that you feel will put too much stress on the pec muscles until your safe to do chest.