PDA

View Full Version : I need help with my sister

ProWrestler
10-10-2004, 04:08 PM
OK, here is the story,
my older sister is getting married in about 8 more months she is NOT fat at all but she wants to be in better shape for her wedding. Her "problems" are the typical female problems: love handles, a little too much fat on her tummy, thighs a bit thicker than she wishes-----so I was hoping since I am a guy and a bodybuilder I cant really help her out that much so I was hoping someone could give me some help on a diet and exercise/workout program for her to lose fat and gain a little muscle and just be tight and toned. The workouts need to fit into a 30-45 minute time period b/c she is very busy. She has a treadmill and one of those bun and thigh roller things and 2 5 lb dumbells. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks ahead of time,
Brian

hotgymchick
10-10-2004, 04:23 PM
There are a ton of threads on this. Go search.

Emma-Leigh
10-10-2004, 04:55 PM
OK, here is the story,
my older sister is getting married in about 8 more months she is NOT fat at all but she wants to be in better shape for her wedding. Her "problems" are the typical female problems: love handles, a little too much fat on her tummy, thighs a bit thicker than she wishes-----so I was hoping since I am a guy and a bodybuilder I cant really help her out that much so I was hoping someone could give me some help on a diet and exercise/workout program for her to lose fat and gain a little muscle and just be tight and toned. The workouts need to fit into a 30-45 minute time period b/c she is very busy. She has a treadmill and one of those bun and thigh roller things and 2 5 lb dumbells. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks ahead of time,
Brian

Tell her to use the 5lb dumbells as paper weights and to get into the gym and lift properly.

30 to 45 minutes is enough time to do a good weight routine. She could aim to start with 2 days of a full body routine or 3 days of a split body routine, just like you as a 'bodybuilder'.... As she is only a beginner, I would think that 2 days of a full body routine (Mon/Thurs) would be better to start (more so because, initially, less is more - otherwise she will feel too 'taxed' and will likely give up). An additional 3 days of cardio would be something she could add as well.

As Gymchick suggested - look around in the female section... There are MANY posts on this already.