PDA

View Full Version : Ladies, please read.

Kroms_laugh
10-10-2004, 01:35 PM
Ladies, we are looking for a woman's take on this...
please head on over to...
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=342749

Thanks!!!!

MsFit
10-10-2004, 10:11 PM
Don't know what you want from us. More than half the males on this forum prefer skinny women over those of us who train. I read a post just yesterday in the Misc Forum saying that men don't care of female bodybuilders, so I don't know why our input is necessary.

BTW, training 2 hours is too much.

maranne
10-10-2004, 11:42 PM
I completely agree with MSFIT.
Most men on that thread have no respect for women in general it seems, maybe they should broaden their horizon a little and see beyond the obvious.

Marianne

bella2u04
10-11-2004, 11:01 AM
I also agree with MsFit. I find most men in general prefer "skinny" over muscular. What I hear the most is that women are supposed to be soft. I don't do this to attract men, I do it for me. I like the way I feel and look. Also, 2 hour workouts are a waste of time. More is not better. Quality is definately what counts in this sport.

hotgymchick
10-11-2004, 11:18 AM
Yeah I don't even know why I bothered. We are not like most women, so I do not care what most men think.

krankyprincess
10-11-2004, 03:14 PM
In my opinion, any woman that says she does not care AT ALL if men find her attractive is lying. Of course, many women don't loose sleep over it, but still are aware at some point if they look attractive. It is natural and a part of female intuition and I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I work out hard and lift heavy weights with 4-8 rep sets 4 times a week and this has helped me achieve a shapely figure and keep my fat % down. I am by no means muscular nor will I ever be, but I am still strong and when I flex i can see the definition. I am doing this for me to feel healthy, strong, and look good and sexy. The point is this guy has got it all wrong about the fact that women only need to diet to stay thin. I would not look as shapely as I do if I did not lift weights hard. I would have a hard time keeping my bodyfat down, my butt would be saggy without squats, and my abs would be soft and flabby without leg raises and crunches. This guy doesn't know what hes talking about. Maybe these women who run all day and don't eat look good with clothes on, but try looking at all their sag when they are naked. Just my 2 cents

Signe
10-12-2004, 11:54 AM
My first thought when I read that guy's post was "piss off buddy".

Incidentally, I don't find skinny attractive. I'd rather look like Monica Brant than Ally McBeal.

ShadowRydr
10-12-2004, 12:02 PM
Don't know what you want from us. More than half the males on this forum prefer skinny women over those of us who train. I read a post just yesterday in the Misc Forum saying that men don't care of female bodybuilders, so I don't know why our input is necessary.

BTW, training 2 hours is too much.

MsFit, I normally don't post on the female section, though I do read it. I am interested in all aspects of training, and like to read the different methods employed by the opposite sex.

One observation based on your statement above, and on the thread it references. I think you are making a glaring error. From what I read on the other thread, the lack of decorum amongst the male posters, the lack of respect they show, I'd hardly classify them as men. I would wager, you'd find the ages of those posting, to be on the younger side. And though physically they may be men, they lack a bit in emotional development.

For myself, I've never understood the dichotomy of liking muscles on oneself, but not liking them on females. The hard work and dedication required, is a trait often transferred to other area's of ones life. I'd much rather be associated with a woman like that, than with others.

Anyway..that post, and most of the replies, is a serious waste of bandwidth :)

FitNisJnky
10-12-2004, 02:59 PM
Lol, I think I'm going to like it here :)

MsFit
10-12-2004, 04:09 PM
One observation based on your statement above, and on the thread it references. I think you are making a glaring error. From what I read on the other thread, the lack of decorum amongst the male posters, the lack of respect they show, I'd hardly classify them as men. I would wager, you'd find the ages of those posting, to be on the younger side. And though physically they may be men, they lack a bit in emotional development.

You are correct, they aren't men (those degrading females who train). So why subject my input there? We get enough trolls in our own forum that I have to ban or delete threads... If they want to come here and talk sensibly and maturely, that's cool with me. I rarely venture out of the Female Forum due to the overly populated teeny-boppers here who have no respect us. Considering the odds, wouldn't you agree it's more reasonable (for me) to not post there?

Bandwidth... LOL more than half the threads at this site are a waste of it.

sheyla
10-16-2004, 05:18 PM
Sorry girls...but what the f*** is going on with those stupid machos???
I hate those attitudes....MAN THEY SUCK!!!!

Tattoogirl4
10-18-2004, 09:47 PM
I read that thread in the men's forum. That guys and idiot. My boyfriend, and all of his friends are only attracted to girls that work out because not only do they think that fit/muscular girls look good. They know that we respect them for working so hard also. It's a way of life!

JoannaC
10-19-2004, 10:48 AM
Ladies, we are looking for a woman's take on this...
please head on over to...
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=342749

Thanks!!!!

Now Krom's.....;)

MotoGirl
10-19-2004, 12:38 PM
Incidentally, I don't find skinny attractive. I'd rather look like Monica Brant than Ally McBeal.
AMEN!!! Monica is a goddess!

JoannaC
10-19-2004, 04:11 PM
AMEN!!! Monica is a goddess!

Indeed