PDA

View Full Version : Lost fifty pounds, now want to stop the loss!

Thalaas
06-29-2007, 11:46 PM
I was an out of shape, 225 pound, 40 inch waist man. After two years of constant exercise and diet, I am down to 167 pounds, with a 32 inch waist. Problem is, I want to put on some more muscle mass, but keep off the fat. I drink whey protein shakes 3 times a day, and eat small meals of chicken, vegetbales and fruit through out the day. I want to hear some nutrution suggestions for putting on muscle mass, but keeping the fat away!

Rascals2010
06-29-2007, 11:53 PM
Increase your calories but keep them very clean! Maybe make +500 calorie adjustments until you feel comfortable. Good luck.

Howard 6
06-30-2007, 12:01 AM
First off, congrats on dramatically changing your body.
Second, there is a ton of threads here so try searching around. If you wanna add some clean muscle mass on there basically just do what you been doing but eat more of it. You wanna about 500 cals excess of your matienence everyday. Try to get more protein out of real foods instead of whey because whey is so fast absorbing (only good post workout), read all the stickies around here too and you'll be on your way.

BigIsBetter
06-30-2007, 01:40 AM
Well done on losing so much weight. You can put on a considerable amount of muscle without gianing fat if you stick to a regular eating plan. Consistency builds muscle more than anything else and if you want to build muscle fast it is a combination of eating and training consistency that will get you there.

Keep drinking the protein shakes, ideally you could drink a protein shake in between breakfast lunch and dinner, so that effectively adds 3 more meals a day to your diet but since the whey protein powder is super low in fat it digests easy and doesn't get stored as fat as long as you train consistently. You only need small servings of food in each meal since the body can only digest about 30 grams of protein every 3 hours. This is why you need to eat 6 times a day but only small to medium size meals. Eating 3 times per day is not enough even if you eat bigger meals.

Mix up your meals each day but try and eat beef at least once every day. Eating beef is perfect if you are an O blood type as O blood type people thrive on beef and this blood types makes up about half the population.

Eat fish, eggs and chicken through the day and eat the beef at night and it will slowly digest while you sleep. I have written a specific article about http://www.muscular-fitness.com/high-protein-low-fat-food-for-bodybuilding-and-fitness.html on one of my websites that explains the ideal foods you need to gain muscle without fat.

Good luck with the eating, eating is probably more important than training but of course you gotta train hard.

John
www.muscular-fitness.com

The Solution
06-30-2007, 03:51 AM
yes congrats on the weight losss

now if u want to get some good muscle u must get most of ur protein from whole source foods..

also the body can process more then 30g of protein at a time, how do u think body builders get all their protein needs in everyday? if the body could only process 30g of protein every 3 hours.. u woulndt see bodybuilders that take in over 300g of protein everyday because its not logically possible w/ the amnt of time we are given..

other then that strive for whole foods such as chicken, eggs, tuna, turkey, lean beef/meat, buffalo, turkey burgers

Complex Carbs: Brown Rice, Oatmeal, WHole Grain/Wheat Breads and Cereals,
Yams, Sweet Potatoes

Veggies and Fruits

Healthy Fats: - Natty PB, Olive-Fish-Flax-Sunflower Oil, Almonds/Walnuts

other foods to consider = Whey Shakes, Milk, Cottage Cheese, Caesin Shakes

try to utalize whey for only PWO.. when the fast digestion is needed with little to no fat and a good 2:1 ratio with carbs in that PWO shake