PDA

View Full Version : AM workouts

Vamp320
10-09-2004, 03:51 PM
I need some help and advice. I just started going to the gym early in the morning, because I work full time and went back to school full time also. I get up at around 5:00 am and get done at about 6:30 am. I am asking for someone to please help me list out a workout regiment please. I tried going to the gym early for a week and figured I can make it 3 times out the week and some weekends. It can be a combination of weights and cardio.

What can I eat before going to the gym?
I tried working out on an empty stomach and got a little light-headed.

I have lost 23 lbs since January of this year and I am terrifed of putting it back on. I am trying to lose a total of 50lbs by next summer. My diet is good my boyfriend an ex bodybuilder help me put it together and it has helped me out tremendously. Whatever input is appreciated. Thanks

MsFit
10-10-2004, 09:16 AM
Oatmeal and egg whites would be good before working out. I don't like to eat big before training in the morning, so I eat half of what I normally would. I need a little something, but too much makes me want to ralph.

Sometimes, if I don't have time, I'll have an MRP before training.

Anima
10-10-2004, 10:40 AM
I scarf down some oatmeal made with a wee bit of 2 percent milk and water, a bit of sweetener and a fresh apple. Works a treat even early in the morning. Then I have some more of the same for afters and then off to work for protein shake snack and chicken laters...

Wish my gym was open that early, bloody only opens at 9 am! Thankfully I work afternoons....

Vamp320
10-10-2004, 10:49 AM
Thanks! yeah my gym is open 24 hrs except for saturday and and sunday.
I do the oatmeal and egg whites thing when I get back from the gym.

Should I maybe have a protein shake then?
Ms Fit what is an MRP?

and lastly can someone post a workout regiment like I stated before 3 times a week some weekends. A combo of weights and cardio is fine. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

MsFit
10-10-2004, 10:55 AM
Should I maybe have a protein shake then?
Ms Fit what is an MRP?

MRP is a meal replacement powder....same as a protein shake. ;)

Monday - Chest, Back, and Abs
Wednesday - Legs and Calves
Friday - Arms and Abs

Put cardio in where you can...what's convenient for you. I usually do off-season cardio on my off days.

Vamp320
10-11-2004, 08:52 AM

dressagerulz23
10-16-2004, 10:03 PM
What can I eat before going to the gym?
I tried working out on an empty stomach and got a little light-headed.
WOW!!! your lucky thats all that happens... hell, if i dont eat w/in 1 hour (used to be w/in FIVE MINUTES!!!) of waking up, my damn hamstring will get a full blown cramp... i dont not know HOW some ppl can even workout w/o food in the system (when i can BARELY walk to the kitchen) w/o my legs cramping up :(

Helene
10-18-2004, 07:34 AM
I wake up at 5am, Drink a protein shake with cooked oatmeal in it and workout at 6am to 7am.