PDA

View Full Version : Having Hysterectomy, will it later effect gains?

MuscleSusie
10-09-2004, 03:20 PM
Im having a hysterectomy in a month, they wont know if they will remove my ovaries or not until theyre in there. Any one have any advice? Im only 33 and I am concerned if I have to have hormone replacement therapy, if it will effect any gains, I am trying to put on mass... thanks

kaylers
10-09-2004, 04:53 PM
Hi,

I just wanted to know what the reasons were as to why you were getting a hysterectomy. If it is concerning endometriosis, please please talk to me. I have a lot of knowledge and have done extension research about hormone drugs (i.e. deprovera etc) I can also direct you to some of the research showing about the effects of this type of surgery...

Oh, if it is endo. I have endometriosis and have decided to go the alternate route with proper nutrition and excess and have noticed that my estrogen levels are much more balanced.

Please let me know
Kaylers

MuscleSusie
10-10-2004, 01:08 PM
Hi, no its not endo. Its tilted, and causes a LOT of pain. Im done having kids, so I decided to have it removed. Its gets in the way of everything, even jogging, lifting weights, because of the pressure and pain. To me, its a useless organ that gets in the way of everyday life. Im just concerned with in case they remove my ovaries, which my doc said she wont be able to tell untill she gets in there and looks around. Im gonna try some more research on the net too. Ill let you know what I find...

Sunshineslynn
10-10-2004, 05:54 PM
I had a hysterectomy earlier this year in Feb. They left my ovaries so no hormones for me now. They say even when they leave the ovaries they will sooner or later stop working and that is when hormones come in. I am only thirty and already had 2 children and new I was not going to have any more. Yes I had endo and andemeois(inside the uterus). I had alot of pain and some mornings could not move even with all the things me and the doctor tried. It hurt my lifting until I had surgery. Now in October I have gained so much more muscle than before since I have no pain to hold me back. As long as you are pushing yourself then you should make gains. No ab work for a while though. PM if you have any other questions since I just went through it I can help you out.

Smiles
s