PDA

View Full Version : Any dorm room calf excercises??

M Calavera
10-09-2004, 03:26 AM
Hello People...

I've just moved to my new uni and I can't access the gym until all the people are registered and issued with uni id cards... Until then, though, I've been kind of training in my dorm room using books of identical sizes and weights...

I was wondering, are there any calf excercises you can do in the privacy of your dorm room without any barbells or dumbells? I don't have any yet, it was too difficult to bring mine along so I just have to make do with books for the time being... I can't think of any calf excercises though...

Anyone with any creativity and bright ideas to remedy this, please post a reply!

Faitless
10-09-2004, 03:32 AM
Hello People...

I've just moved to my new uni and I can't access the gym until all the people are registered and issued with uni id cards... Until then, though, I've been kind of training in my dorm room using books of identical sizes and weights...

I was wondering, are there any calf excercises you can do in the privacy of your dorm room without any barbells or dumbells? I don't have any yet, it was too difficult to bring mine along so I just have to make do with books for the time being... I can't think of any calf excercises though...

Anyone with any creativity and bright ideas to remedy this, please post a reply!

Bodyweight raises on a block or something ? :rolleyes:

imperfectly_lou
10-09-2004, 03:35 AM
Do you have a roommate? Get them to sit across your back and you can do donkey calf raises.

Emma-Leigh
10-09-2004, 05:10 AM
Do you have a roommate? Get them to sit across your back and you can do donkey calf raises.
LOL - what a way to introduce yourself to your new roommate!! "Hi, nice to meet you, would you mind sitting on my back while I do calf raises?"

:D

M Calavera
10-09-2004, 10:50 AM
Hehe, that's a good suggestion - I don't have a roommate, but there are plenty of friendly people on my floor, so it won't be a problem finding someone willing to help.

Erm... could you just please tell me quickly what calf raises are?

Emma-Leigh
10-09-2004, 03:43 PM
Erm... could you just please tell me quickly what calf raises are?
There are LOTS of different types of calf raises!

Try here:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.php?MainMuscle=Calves

Or here:
http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/CalfWt.html

They give you a nice list of them and I am sure you will find something that you can do in your room.

M Calavera
10-10-2004, 05:35 PM
that seems good! I've borrowed a dumbell off someone, I can do the calf raises on a dumbell! Thanks Emma Leigh!