PDA

View Full Version : ZMA- Use it??

MotoGirl
10-07-2004, 05:00 PM
I've been researching ZMA but don't see much about women's useage other than it's safe for both sexes.

Do any of you ladies use it? I'm especially interested in it for the positive sleep affects. I have had trouble sleeping for a long time, well before I started exercise. I've used Valerian Root with moderate success, but am looking for other alternatives. It is my understanding that ZMA may not only be a good sleep aid, but also help increase my lifting capabilities.

Any input about this is appreciated. I've ordered Twinlab ZMA Fuel to try it out. If I don't like it, my husband will be happy to try it.

Thanks!

fitormiss
10-07-2004, 09:25 PM
When my husband left for Iraq i had horrible sleep problems. I took ambien for awhile then switched over to tylenol pm. I started taking ZMA to wean myself off the the other products and it really worked for me. I didn't notice any difference in my lifting, but I did with the sleep.I also noticed it balanced my moods out a bit which was nice.

Aurora
10-07-2004, 09:47 PM
ya but its no different then the cheap zinc + magnesium.

sillyvent
10-27-2004, 02:19 PM
i use it and it does help me sleep at night. i would recommend it. i haven't noticed any bad side effects to using it.

msfitnetz
11-22-2004, 04:38 AM
I use it too for sleep and recovery. I am in Iraq and helps me rest through the noise and daily stress. I have not seen any noted side effects