PDA

View Full Version : how's this for macros?

Ivey_Itch
10-07-2004, 04:13 PM
I've been doing the 40p/30c/30f macros for a few weeks now. And for the past 2 days I've been extremely drained... i mean, no focus, no drive, just DRAINED.. so I though I might up the carbs slightly, and the protein, and lower the fat a bit... (my face seems to of started breaking out alittle more with the 30% fat) Of course, this all could just be psychological, but I'd rather change the macro's to 45p/35c/20f for a while. Does this look ok? I'm still working on getting up to 1600 calories. Right now i'm still averaging around 1550ish.. Anyone see a problem with this? I used to do the 40/40/20, but when I tried to figure out meals with 40% carbs it was taking me FOREVER and i felt like that was WAY to many carbs after doing the 40/30/30 spilt for a while.. Does this look ok..or are there any other suggestions? Goals.. drop body fat at a healthy rate and gain alittle muscle in the process! Thanks for your opinions!

Emma-Leigh
10-07-2004, 04:44 PM
I've been doing the 40p/30c/30f macros for a few weeks now. And for the past 2 days I've been extremely drained... i mean, no focus, no drive, just DRAINED.. so I though I might up the carbs slightly, and the protein, and lower the fat a bit... (my face seems to of started breaking out alittle more with the 30% fat) Of course, this all could just be psychological, but I'd rather change the macro's to 45p/35c/20f for a while. Does this look ok? I'm still working on getting up to 1600 calories. Right now i'm still averaging around 1550ish.. Anyone see a problem with this? I used to do the 40/40/20, but when I tried to figure out meals with 40% carbs it was taking me FOREVER and i felt like that was WAY to many carbs after doing the 40/30/30 spilt for a while.. Does this look ok..or are there any other suggestions? Goals.. drop body fat at a healthy rate and gain alittle muscle in the process! Thanks for your opinions!
I think increasing your carbs slowly is probably a good idea - with you doing the amount of weight training and HIIT cardio you are doing you are going to be using a lot of glycogen/glucose as your energy source... So with not a lot of carbs in your diet you are leaving yourself drained, which will definately be impacting negatively on your recovery and training!

So, increase carbs to 35% and see how you go... If you are still feeling icky then increase them again. Also, make sure your pre and post-workout meals have carbs in them as this will also ensure your muscles recover well and will help stop fatigue.

In regards to dropping your fat - Make sure you still get a minumum of 0.3g of fat/pound body weight (with 0.4g/pound healthier for you) as this is needed for you to remain healthy.

Protein, just keep between 1.0 and 1.5g/pound and you will be fine.

Ivey_Itch
10-07-2004, 05:00 PM
Thank you!! :)