PDA

View Full Version : tattoos and muscles

Anima
10-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Being a woman who is working on becoming a srtong woman, and one who already has a couple of tattoos, I was wondering if they are considered a no-no in the bodybuilding world or not? I cant recall seeing any competitors with them or not.... IF people have them do they try to cover them for a show someo how or not?

THESE are the kind of thoughts I have before coffee at 7 am! LOL

A

MsFit
10-07-2004, 07:33 AM
Competing with tattoos is no big deal. They don't mark against it.

Anima
10-07-2004, 11:49 PM
Nice to know as I am slowly getting a collection!

Laurie
10-08-2004, 02:10 AM
Addictive arent they?

I carry eight total, four on each arm. All in period Old Norse/Viking Art style (Mammen, Jellinge, Urnes). This is what I do for a living decorating my husband's handforged weaponry and a jeweler. Vikings did have tattooing done according to some surviving accounts and they fit with our hobby as a Living History reenactors/personna in the Society for Creative Anachronism.

Two upper shoulder ( Left: Celtic/Germanic "La Tene" abstract" and Right: early Viking "Broa" beast) Two armbands in Jellinge style (same pattern). Two inner forearm pieces in Mammen/Jellinge style. two on top of my forearms in Urnes and Mammen style. These do have quite abit of special meaning for me and were inked at different times.

So I do get some looks by guys who find my tats, as a women, more elaborate than their wee bit of bobwire around a bicep. The women who have made any comments like both the color and dynamic movement of the art.

Not having any intention of bodybuilding for a competition. I have to admit, the armbands look especially good after a good arm workout and flex the bicep or the triceps in "pose" front of a mirror ;)

wantmoresize
10-08-2004, 07:44 AM
I have 3 tattoos so far-- here is a pic of 2 of them-- I do not think they will affect your scoring at all--considering Dorian Yates won the Olympia numerous times and his tattoos were of a skinhead gang memberhsip he had as a youth

Signe
10-08-2004, 01:52 PM
Good thread - I've been wondering this too. My tattoos are kinda big and there's no way you could cover them with makeup or anything.

And yes, they're addictive. I want some more!

Tattoogirl4
10-08-2004, 11:59 PM
Heck I'm covered in em. I hope its not a problem...ahahaha. I always figured, with the paint that most competitors use. You can barely even see peoples tattoos with all the layers of paint.

sillyvent
10-12-2004, 11:11 AM
doesn't seem to change the scores. they are addictive though! i have 2 and i want another!

Anima
10-12-2004, 12:13 PM
off to get another one friday can hardly contain myself...... here it is!

Wish this was my butt tho LOL i got a long way yo go for that yet haha but I like this style a lot. One day I will get somethign to balance it on the back, top of shouders area

Lil Bullet
10-12-2004, 10:16 PM
maybe for bodybuilding they don't take points off, but in figure (NPC) they do.

MDC
10-13-2004, 06:29 AM
Wish this was my butt tho LOL i got a long way yo go for that yet haha but I like this style a lot. One day I will get somethign to balance it on the back, top of shouders area

What is the attraction of this style/location of tatoos? I find them highly unattractive and even disfiguring.

Sorry if I offend anyone, but I know this is a common opinion of these lower back tatoos.

Signe
10-13-2004, 09:33 AM
In that case, I'm glad that I didn't get mine for anyone else's benefit. I'm not jumping down your throat here, but I know quite a few people who like them, so obviously this is not that common of an opinion.

I like mine and I think they're sexy there.

Anima
10-13-2004, 09:43 AM
not offendd at all, there are a lot of things "normal" women do for beauty that I find wierd or ugly, so I can understand how you may feel....

Location? These lower back tatts originally came rom the Maori culture and they had a different standard of beauty for women. They felt this accentuated her behind, and made it more attractive.... they also were fond of facial tattoos for women, as were many american indian tribes.

Me personally, I wont be going for the facial stuff. But I find the upper back and lower back versions of these Maori insoired patterns something for your lover to trace with his/her fingers for one.... the lower back one is sexy in the same way that a garter belt is sext, it defines and draws attention to the cheeks as it were.....

Since I dont intend to compete, I decided to adorn my body with things I find beautiful. If someone else finds them nice too, that is great. If not, I am not bothered either. I am lucky to have a job where most of the people I work with are just as weird as me ;)

Trust me I have seen many ugly and poorly thought out tatts but just like I have a master plan in my head for my body's musculature, I have a plan for the tatts too.

voila, end of velvet rant

Lean4Life
10-13-2004, 10:07 AM
nice velvet rant, Anima. I have one on my left shoulder, my wife has one on her tummy at the belt line. They have special meaning to us and represent a really awesome time together on vacation in San Fran. To heck with what others think! I personally like the lower back tats. Very sexy...

UnderArmour22
10-15-2004, 02:54 AM
nice velvet rant, Anima. I have one on my left shoulder, my wife has one on her tummy at the belt line. They have special meaning to us and represent a really awesome time together on vacation in San Fran. To heck with what others think! I personally like the lower back tats. Very sexy...

I am with you too bro, lower back tats does it for me..

Anima
10-15-2004, 10:38 AM
Whew just got back from 4 hours of some of the most serious pain I have ever elected to subject myself to buta t least I only swore twice and most of the time I was able to not flinch lol!!! It is beautiful and I am looking forward to the next one... hopefully the upper back piece wint be as painful.

NOW my biggest problem is the workouts for the next couple of days while it heals up... cant do any floor exercises like crunches so I have to find an alternative.. was thinking and thinking then it hit me... the lower back bench, could I not turn over and do some crunch type things on that? Then none of my lower back or butt will be touching anything and yet I can exercise the old gut... comments anyone?

1stindoor
10-15-2004, 11:00 AM
Whew just got back from 4 hours of some of the most serious pain I have ever elected to subject myself to buta t least I only swore twice and most of the time I was able to not flinch lol!!! It is beautiful and I am looking forward to the next one... hopefully the upper back piece wint be as painful.

NOW my biggest problem is the workouts for the next couple of days while it heals up... cant do any floor exercises like crunches so I have to find an alternative.. was thinking and thinking then it hit me... the lower back bench, could I not turn over and do some crunch type things on that? Then none of my lower back or butt will be touching anything and yet I can exercise the old gut... comments anyone?
That should work, although I don't think it'll target your abs nearly as much. So when do we get to see the new ink?

Anima
10-15-2004, 11:22 AM
Soon as the cling film comes off and the tat heals a wee bit, it is mere hours old now and I am wrapped up in saran wrap like teens trying to avoid getting pregnant hehehe

CRIPES tho, my back and shoulders are aching from the prolonged tension over almost 4 hours, it really feels all bunched up in there.. wonder if it did my back muscles any good LOL I know onw thing my butt cheeks were clenched darn hard at times! All that glute work seems to have paid off hahaha

Lean4Life
10-15-2004, 01:55 PM
Congrats! Did you get the design like the one you posted earlier in this thread? I'm sure it looks great. Gotta share with us! It'll feel like raw meat for a few days, but I'm sure you will love it!

Peace

Anima
10-15-2004, 08:43 PM
Yep that's the one I got, it doesnt feel like raw meat but I feel sort of worn out. I never had anything this big before it sort of took it out of me lol

Anima
10-22-2004, 02:16 AM
Since my crappy lil webcam takes suxor pix I am gonna go look at a couple of half decent digital cams today.... as well as a couple of more tatts!! hehehe decided to get those sleeves I want, do em up bit by bit for the $$ factor, but what pushed me over the edge decision wise was a smartass boy I wanted for a long time, online buddie, he begged and then ORDERED me not to get any more.. this from someeone that wont even come out and visit me much less get involved! AH HAHAHA! Well, I thought to myself, who is the boss of this body again? Me, last time I looked.. and that ink was calling me like a siren....

Bye bye pretty boy, go find you a more gullible lady to try to boss.

The pix, of decent quality, will be coming shortly.

Finally back to my full workout as of yesterday, itched like a mad bad MF on my back but the crunches happened much to my delight... this tatt took longer to heal than I had anticipated. Worth it tho!

Here's a link to a person that does work in the style I am thinking of for the arms....

http://www.xxxtattoo.com/html/jacque.html

Hibiscus09
10-22-2004, 05:33 AM
Mine's to the right of my belly button and about an inch down. Just a little flower. One was enough for me, but I think tattoos are cool. :) There was a guy in class with me at the University that had Bob Marley tattooed on his arm. It looked just like a drawing. Very cool looking! Anyway, here's mine: