PDA

View Full Version : Body for life

cad2
10-06-2004, 04:08 PM
A few of my friends are just starting the body for life challenge and would really like for me to join them. I have been lifting weights for about a year and a half but not to heavy just enough. I am happy with my routine but am looking to change it around a bit. Has anyone tried this and if so what kind of results have you seen.
Thanks Cad2

kariev34
10-07-2004, 05:37 AM
I think overall that this training program is great and if you work it right it is intense and you will see a change. If losing fat is a goal then you might have to do another day or two of cardio for a longer time than what is suggested. My only warning about this program is be careful of the free day. This is not an all out binge fest and that is what he describes it on his web page and in his old book. This so called free day set me up for a binge eating disorder that i'm happy to say i just got control of but don't let it happen to you. If you must cheat have a cheat meal and savor it. I hope this helped.

justagirl
10-08-2004, 10:53 PM
i haven't tried the program, but the book(body for life.. i've only heard good things about eating for life, too) is VERY VERY motivating

SEADRA
10-09-2004, 04:21 AM
My old roomate did the challenge. He lost 25lbs. It seemed to motivate him to be competing. I think the eat for life book is great he doesn't limit carbs or anything. Alot of good recipes to.
Good Luck!

Amifit
10-09-2004, 09:41 AM
A friend of mine just finished the 12 weeks and had TREMENDOUS results! I got the book and was thinking of trying it, too, but like you, Cad2, I'm happy with my routine.

I've been lifting for a year and am closer to the "after" pics, so I'm not sure if I'd need to follow the whole program, or if I'd want to upset what I'm doing now.

But it may be the shock I need to get to the next level.

Anyone start it when they were already in good physical shape?

Ami

M Calavera
10-09-2004, 10:53 AM
What IS this Body for Life routine?
*is curious and also feels ignorant*

Emma-Leigh
10-09-2004, 03:38 PM
What IS this Body for Life routine?
*is curious and also feels ignorant*

It is a program for beginners, designed to 'introduce' the average person to the bodybuilding/fitness way of eating and working out (mini meals, more protein in your diet, workout with weights using a 3 day routine etc etc).

I have not done it, but I know many people have. I know a lot of people who do the program multiple times as well - just because it offered them great results.

Check out this site: http://www.bodyforlife.com/

It might explain things better.

BiloxiBetty
10-13-2004, 03:41 AM
I have been using this system for 4 weeks now. Even if my outer body never changes, I feel so much better just by eating healthier. Both of these books are very motivating and informative. It is almost a godsend for those of us who know next to nothing about nutrition/body changing. Especially when you have no one to support you or train with you.