PDA

View Full Version : how many people use fitday?

saw14
10-05-2004, 05:39 PM
this is something i was wondering, just because a week or so ago i posted a question about fiber and counting it as your carb intake and whatnot. i got varying answers but really i wanted to know this, from those of you who use fitday do you go by your total carbs eaten for the day or by the ratio it breaks down for you in the last column? this is how i figure out my ratio of calories injested for the day and to get it close to a 40/40/20 split i have to eat more carbs then protein because it subtracts the fiber from the carbs and then multiplies by 4 to get your carb cals then it figures out your ratio. just wondering if others noticed that and how they tweak their diet around it, would you up your grams of protein to equal your carbs or are you going by the ratio they give you?

marcFE
10-05-2004, 07:39 PM
I do ... Well did, I'm so good with my calories now that I really don't even bother anymore, I know how many calories are in all the foods I eat and can just do the math in my head (may sound big headed but its the truth hehe)

I am also bulking though, when cutting I use fitday since I tend to miscount meals and eat 7 meals in a day sometimes and get to many calories, but bulking I just say whatever and let the calories take care of themselves.

JnJ23
10-05-2004, 07:44 PM
me!

PHTCBRA
10-05-2004, 08:25 PM
me..

saw14
10-06-2004, 04:52 AM
so do those of you that use it go by the grams of carbs eaten per day, and try to get the same amount of protein or by the ratio of carbs-total cals that it equates out to then try to get a similar ratio for protein(if you were aiming for a 40/40/20 breakdown or something else)?

Ch1no
10-06-2004, 04:57 AM
i just use excel.

saw14
10-06-2004, 05:02 AM
yeah i know alot of people that do it that way by using excell, but fitday is so much easier for me to use. i couldnt help but notice though, only 9g carbs on that day, isnt that incredibly low?

Ch1no
10-06-2004, 05:15 AM
yeap, i'm on a ketogenic diet at the moment. 1 week effective and 2kg so far lost. i didn't want to pay for fitday, so i decided to just do it manually. although i feel weird at the supermarket and looking at each and every food item's nutritional values as if i was looking for the secret word. but it's fun, almost like a game :D

1C5
10-06-2004, 06:24 AM
fitday online version is free.

i just started using it but i use a lot of custom foods that i enter using the actual food's values (ie, I don;t trust fitday's values most of the time)