PDA

View Full Version : in season vs. off season

someday
10-05-2004, 10:03 AM
this past year i competed for the first time in figure. i am 5'6" and competed at 118-122. i gained a solid 14 pounds back in a week (i do know that it is water weight) and now see the scale slowly inching up even more. my definition is basically gone and i feel like a water filled balloon. i am not naturally lean and fought for every pound that came off. i am finding it mentally discouraging. any girls out there that go up and down like me and how do you feel about the way you look on verses off season?

Seosaid
10-05-2004, 10:57 AM
I'm soooo with you!

I experience the exact same thing over and over again.

The minute I start thinking "Damn I'm hot, I could treat myself a bit now" then bang I easily gain 10-12 pounds!

I am not naturally lean either and I have to work twice as hard as anyone else to loose/maintain my weight.

It pisses me off when I see that if I want to stay lean, I have to always follow a strict diet.

I recently stop for 2 months ...diet and workout.. for medical reason and I am fatter then ever now.

The worst part is that my body doesn't seem to want to go back in "athletic" mode.

I cant see my abs no more!!! I am freaking out!

But now isn't the time to give up!!