PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible(losing body fat, gaining muscle)

hassaanu
06-28-2007, 12:23 PM
Alright, so im nearly 15, 135 pounds, and 5'6.
I lift weights each day except for Saturday.
I do cardio each morning right when i wake up, my cardio session is:2-2.5 miles and then swim for 30 mins.
Right now im eating either at maintanence or a little above that. Is it possible that if I do that cardio each morning and eat the same diet i will be able to lose bf%.

Keep in mind that im lifting weights so when i do eat above maintanence I guess some of those calories go to building muscles. Also keep in mind that my cardio is medium intensity and kind of long and on an empty stomach so I think im taking energy from my fat stores for that.

edit: And i just started doing stomach vacuums too if that makes a diff

scoot557
06-28-2007, 12:34 PM
If the weight you gain is more lean than your current bf%, you're bf% will drop.

I.E. if you are 135 @ 15% and you put on 10 lbs of muscle to 1 lb of fat, your BF% will have dropped 0.5%

hassaanu
06-28-2007, 12:36 PM
If the weight you gain is more lean than your current bf%, you're bf% will drop.

I.E. if you are 135 @ 15% and you put on 10 lbs of muscle to 1 lb of fat, your BF% will have dropped 0.5%

I already know that but Im asking about losing body fat itself to reduce my body fat%

MUFC
06-28-2007, 12:56 PM
it's close to impossible.

jdominic6
06-28-2007, 01:01 PM
something tells me that with this kind of activity level, you probably aren't eating enough.

tosca
06-28-2007, 01:19 PM
something tells me that with this kind of activity level, you probably aren't eating enough.

i was just going to say that. you are 15, time to grow.

jdominic6
06-28-2007, 01:25 PM
Alright, so im nearly 15, 135 pounds, and 5'6.
I lift weights each day except for Saturday.
I do cardio each morning right when i wake up, my cardio session is:2-2.5 miles and then swim for 30 mins.
Right now im eating either at maintanence or a little above that. Is it possible that if I do that cardio each morning and eat the same diet i will be able to lose bf%.

Keep in mind that im lifting weights so when i do eat above maintanence I guess some of those calories go to building muscles. Also keep in mind that my cardio is medium intensity and kind of long and on an empty stomach so I think im taking energy from my fat stores for that.

edit: And i just started doing stomach vacuums too if that makes a diff

cardio that long on an empty stomach will raise cortisol levels, eat away muscle tissue, and be counter-productive to everything you attempt to do (even though it's in the morning, your body will adapt and fatloss will stop). you will not build muscle unless you eat over calorie maintanance every day. your maintenance is determined by you activity level and by the looks of it, you'd have to be eating much more than a 15 yr old could possibly wanna eat. stop the cardio and make lifting your priority