PDA

View Full Version : nutrition for muscle growth??help!

miss nguyen
10-03-2004, 11:56 AM
Im in my early 20's
I had boy friends that use to up there food intake (calories)
and do the bulking thing,thats how there muscle would grow untill they where ready to lower calories,run and keep muscle they put on while melting body fat..duh right?

Well my question is,Im 108 pounds and I want to gain some muscle mass!Should I eat the same as guys do?can anyone give me some specific examples on what I should eat Im thinking 5-6 meals a day but what to eat?I know how to eat when I need to tone but how do I eat when I want to achieve muscle growth?

THANK YOU!!

SEADRA
10-03-2004, 04:33 PM
Everyone's diet is different. You should probaly eat the same kind of foods. How tall are you at 108lb.

miss nguyen
10-03-2004, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the reply im 5'6
So I eat the same kind of foods that A male would eat durning bulking?,of corse less amounts.

-thank you!

eehee
10-03-2004, 05:19 PM
we need pics before we can give you any solid advice, sorry. :(

pu12en12g
10-03-2004, 05:46 PM
Agreed.

PM me pics and location

/kthnx

imperfectly_lou
10-03-2004, 06:35 PM
Ignore those 2 messages from men above... pics can help but they aren't overly necessary!

To gain muscle, you need to eat above your maintenance calories. This usually involves eating 2000 or more cals per day and reducing cardio or cutting it out all together. But you need to make sure you are lifting hard and heavy, otherwise those extra cals will just come on as fat gain.

EP87
10-03-2004, 06:44 PM
Yes. Physiologically, there's no difference between the muscle of women or the muscle of men. Men just have higher levels of testosterone which allow faster development.

miss nguyen
10-05-2004, 08:16 PM
YEAY!!Thank you people!!!!I learned very good info from this forum,THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!there are alot of bodybuilding smart people on this web site!

ok another question.(sorry to keep asking questions)What kind of exercise movements should I do?
I got the ''Mike Mentzers HIT'' dvd I was thinking about following that I also been reading ''HEAVY DUTY II Mind and Body'' Mike has some great philosophy I was thinking about following the HIT work outs,any advice?

Heres my picture from summer,I am not posting it to meet anyguys Im posting it so I can get advice on how to build muscles this winter.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!