PDA

View Full Version : help with training

komar
10-03-2004, 06:31 AM
Hi, I need some advices about my training schedule.
I need know if my schedule is good for fat loss and build nice muscle.
So I workout 5x at week

MO - chest 4 diffrent exerci. X 3 X 10 + {20-30 min cardio}
TU - back 4x 3 x 10-12 +{20-30 min cardio}
We - legs 5 x 3 x 10-12 + calvs 2x3x 10-12 + abs
thu - shoulders 4x 3x 10 + { 20-30 min cardio}
Fri - bic and tri 3x 3 x 10 + {20-30 min cardio}
Sat - abs
Sun - OFF

I would like know if my schedule is OK if is it enaough and what about cardio? Is not too much or for fat loss is better more?

My calorie intake is between 1200-1500 cal. I'm 5'6" 111lb girl. I workout 2 years.
I eat clean food..
protein - egg whites, fish, chicken breast, tuna
carb - oatmeal,oat bran, veggies, sometimes rice and piece of fruit, sometimes piece of organic bread
Fat - almond butter 1 teas, sometimes 1 egg yolk, peanuts or 1 teas olive oil

Daily I have between 110-130 g protein
80-120 compl. carbs remainder is veggies...usually I don't count veggies to my carb intake
20-28g protein

please help me with schedule, Last time I can't lost any inch from my waist, I don't know what have I doing yet??

thanks a lot

Emma-Leigh
10-03-2004, 01:16 PM
My honest advice - drop some of your cardio sessions and focus on your weight training. At 111 pounds and 5'6 you need to add some serious mass and you will not do that while you are trying to runn off your fat.

You can change your body composition (add muscle and reduce BF) at the same time, but your focus needs to be shifted to to a heavy and intense weight training schedule.

With 2 yrs of training under your belt I would think you need to start more advanced training - Doing the same "3 x 10-12" exercises is not going to shock your body into any type of growth! It is the stress you place on your muscles when you challange them that will ultimately lead to more muscle mass.

Increase your weights and drop your reps to 6 to 10 per set. Change around your workouts and see how your body responds. Also consider adding in some drop sets, negatives, partials, pyramiding or other variations - these will all help.

MO - chest 4 diffrent exerci. X 3 X 10 + {20-30 min cardio}
What exercises are you doing? This will make all the difference.

TU - back 4x 3 x 10-12 +{20-30 min cardio}
I suggest you drop the cardio from here. You want to let your legs rest before you workout tomorrow.

Again, what exercises?

We - legs 5 x 3 x 10-12 + calvs 2x3x 10-12 + abs
What exercises?

Good that you are not doing cardio.

thu - shoulders 4x 3x 10 + { 20-30 min cardio}
What exercises.

Fri - bic and tri 3x 3 x 10 + {20-30 min cardio}
What exercises?

Sat - abs
Sun - OFF
Good. You need a rest day.

My calorie intake is between 1200-1500 cal. I eat clean food..
protein - egg whites, fish, chicken breast, tuna
carb - oatmeal,oat bran, veggies, sometimes rice and piece of fruit, sometimes piece of organic bread
Fat - almond butter 1 teas, sometimes 1 egg yolk, peanuts or 1 teas olive oil

Daily I have between 110-130 g protein
80-120 compl. carbs remainder is veggies...usually I don't count veggies to my carb intake
20-28g fat
Another likely reason why your body is not responding is because of this!!! 1200 to 1500 cals is starvation, especially for someone of your height and activity level.

Also - with only 80 to 120g of carbs you are not going to be giving your body enough energy to maintain itself in a biologically happy state - let alone even THINK about improving your physique.

For the moment your protein is probably ok (although I would stick close to the 130g/day) but increase your carbs slowly over the next few weeks.
Start increasing your fats as well - at your weight you need to be taking in AT LEAST 35g of fat/day just for HEALTH REASONS! Fats (unsaturated fats from nuts/fatty fish) will ultimately help your body BURN fat. So increase them.

I suggest you shoot for a calorie target of ~1800 cals at first (which, if you add about 100 cals/week should take you about 1 month to get to) and then see how your body responds. After that you may need to increase further.

komar
10-03-2004, 02:44 PM
hi, thanks for advices, so here is my workout routine
Mo - chest -bench press, Incline Dumbbell Bench With Palms Facing In,Decline Dumbbell Flyes, Cable Crossover

Tu- back - Seated Cable Rows, Reverse Grip Bent-Over Rows, One-Arm Dumbbell Row, Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown, good morning

we - legs -
Lying Leg Curls,
Romanian Deadlift
squot
leg press
Leg Extensions

thu- shoul - Bent Over Dumbbell Rear Delt Raise With Head On Bench,
Upright Barbell Row,
Standing Low-Pulley Deltoid Raise, Smith Machine Overhead Shoulder Press

Fri - bic and tri

for abs I often change workout routine mostly 4x 3-4 x 15-20rep

explain me please, why now I gaining, few months ago I added littel bit more calories, more protein and carbs too and my clothing are littel smaller why? I don't want gaining fat? 6 months ago I had only 107-109 lb now I have 111-113lb, I lifting more weights but whats wrong?

thanks

trnurbdy48
10-04-2004, 04:41 AM
As Emma stated, at 5'6", 111lbs you are very underweight. You're performing way too much cardio, too many reps and sets and too many exercises per muscle group. As an example, if you were my client this is what I would do:

Put you on a 3 day anaerobic program, 2 day aerobic (20-30 minute max)
Reduce your reps and sets, increase the weight
3 exercises per muscle group (large), 2 for smaller
2 days a week for abdominal work, 3 sets, 15 reps, 3 exercises.
Reevaluate your nutritional needs

If you keep up the level of training you're now doing, injury is a given. Remember, less is more.

komar
10-04-2004, 06:22 AM
hi, thanks for advice. so one more question...here is my eating schedule so is it enought or something wrong please

1. 1/2 cup cooked oatmela {13 g carbs}
1/4 cup dry oat bran {for fiber intake} {10 g carbs but 7g fiber}
20 g protein {eggs or cottage chee}
sometimes I add for taste Fiber one cereal 1/4 cup or 3 Tb FF yoghurt

2. protein 20-25 g {tuna, eggs, chicken..}
veggies
sometimes 1/4 cup rice or barley

before workout
3. 1/4 cup cooked oatmeal + for taste 3Tb yoghurt
20 g protein

4. protein 20g {shake or cottage chee, chicken..
veggies or sometimes 1 piece of fruit {plums or grapefruit or apples}

5. 25 g protein {fish, chicke...]
veggies { lettuce, broccoli, peppers, tomatoes or cucumber...}

6. sometimes if I'm hungry eggs or littel bit cottage

as fat source sometimes I add 1 teas olive oil to my veggies or sometimes I eat peanuts or almond butter 1 teas daily.

what do you think about it??

And my last question...why only 3 exercise for one body part {big body part} and 2 for small. Is it enought?? I'm afraid if I don't gain fat.