PDA

View Full Version : sweets-sugar

sweethead
10-01-2004, 07:01 AM
I seem to have a big problem with sugar, If I dont eat it and eat a clean diet I dont crave it, but once I have it I am crazy, I will binge and make myself very sick, but only on sweets. I was thinking of just trying not to eat it, it just brings me down so much when I do. I was thinking of just having a nice dinner instead and no sugar. does anyone seem to have a addiction to sugar?? thanks

someday
10-01-2004, 08:07 AM
very common especially for women. you are not alone!

when the urge hits me now i grab a trioplex bar or detour bar. it does the trick for me. i concider them a cheat even in off season, but i figure it is better than eating a dozen chocolate chip cookies!

sometimes i wake up and am already craving something sweet.(especially when it's almost that time of the month) i make an oatmeal pancake and use 2 tablespoons of sugar free syrup. just another to have your sweets, but not really splurge.

in the evening if i've had all my water for the day i sometimes treat myself to a diet soda. even diet soda is junk, but it does curb my sugar craving without going overboard.

hope some of these tricks help!

Helene
10-01-2004, 09:48 AM
I am the same, it's all or nothing with me and sugar, so I try to avoid it. When I'm tempted, I have to repeat to myself that if I eat 1 I will want more.