PDA

View Full Version : I'm 15, is this program ok?

IronCutie
09-30-2004, 08:25 PM
I'm 15 y/o, female. 5'6", 123lbs. My goals right now are to be defined, and not gain more size. 8pack abs are one of my goals (if attainable at my age)

For my age, sex, and stats, is this program safe for me? Here is my workout...i'll post my diet later

SUN: Cardio, 20min/Shoulders
MON: Quads/Chest
TUES: Cardio, 20min/Abs&calves
WEDS: Hams/Back
THURS: Cardio, 20min/Biceps
FRI: OFF
SAT: Cardio, 20 (unless i go ice skating...then it's 1hour)/Triceps

My plan for the next 12 weeks is to increase my cardio every week by 5 minutes. After I build up to 30minutes, I bump it back down to 20min, but add a day per week. 2 weeks before x-mas will be 30min, 6xper week

IronCutie
09-30-2004, 08:28 PM
This is my on Mon-Thurs. Weekends things vary a little, but the calories are kept the same. I consume 1400 calories per day (my bmr)

BREAKFAST: 1 serving egg beaters (2 eggwhites), oatmeal
MIDMORNING: Dannon Light-n-Fit smoothie (only have time for shake)
LUNCH: Tuna salad

Workout

DINNER: 6 oz of either catfish or salmon, steamed veggies
EVENING: Fruit and yogurt or Soy milk + yogurt smoothie

iron Thighs
10-01-2004, 08:04 AM
Cutting = Carbs and protein 4 caloris /gram, fat has 9 calories. Do high impact exercise, moderate to heavy weights, best exercises for abs are hanging leg raises and crunches. Stay off chemicals.Routine looks fine.

team23
10-03-2004, 04:29 PM
Sunday: 30 minutes Cardio with Shoulders and Adductors/ Abductors
Monday: Hamstrings and Back
Tuesday: 30 minutes Cardio with Quads and Chest
Wednesday: Abs and Calves
Thursday: 30 minutes Cardio with Biceps and Triceps
Friday: OFF
Saturday: OFF {enjoy your ice skating!}

You dont want to work Triceps, Shoulders and Chest on consecutive days as movemnts such as Chest Press and Shoulder Press both use the Triceps! This will lead to the Triceps not recovering effieciently!

Maintain 30 minutes of Cardio 3x per week to minimise fat and prevent unwanted muscle bulking. What I find effective is doing 30 minutes running at {say} 7.5mph and gradually building speed up. This trains the aerobic and anaerobic system very thoroughly!

Its great your seeking help and knowledge, keep it up! But, enjoy your weekends and have fun! Remember, training is only one component in fitness, rest is as equally important in fitness progression!

Hope this helps!

Team 23

IronCutie
10-03-2004, 04:52 PM
My main thing is that I don't have a lotta time in the gym..which is why I don't wanna do cardio on days when i'm working more than one muscle group. How about this plan:

SUN: Shoulders, 30min cardio
TUES: Abs, 30min cardio
THURS: Calves, 30min cardio
FRI: Arms
SAT: OFF

imperfectly_lou
10-03-2004, 07:43 PM
No, you can't do shoulders tha day before chest. It will severely compromise your chest workout. I always leave at least 2-3 days if I am working shoulders first.

Emma-Leigh
10-04-2004, 02:27 AM
My main thing is that I don't have a lotta time in the gym..which is why I don't wanna do cardio on days when i'm working more than one muscle group. How about this plan:

SUN: Shoulders, 30min cardio
TUES: Abs, 30min cardio
THURS: Calves, 30min cardio
FRI: Arms
SAT: OFF

Swap your Thursday and your Sunday and it would look a lot better... That way you are not training shoulders near chest, and your calves are seperated a little from your legs day, but your cardio is still well spaced.